• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I watched that set awhile ago. I'm always rooting for Havok, but he only won the first game for a few stupid reasons and then got a free win from RC.

Also that's a great video.

Anther

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that's not correct. No tournaments have shown that and the last videos of Lain vs Anther are from 8 months ago and Anther goes all Pika. Anther is inactive. Unless you've actually been at the tournament or can show me results I don't really believe it, because I keep track of tournament results.
True story, it was about 3-4 months ago in winner finals.
-Lost 2 matches pika vs ics
-Switched to ic, got 2 wins,
-He went snake and won the set.

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
Anaky Says:

I kno right, its so entertaining to watch, idk whether its the matchup being played properly but who would care?!!?!?!?!?!?!

I just found it most recent in my subscriptions.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Nagahari is serious as hell. I think Japan has a higher saturation of players close to M2K/Ally level than the USA does.

EDIT:
Holy ****ing **** @ ZSS banana lock combo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've never seen the 0-death that the Diddy Kong used 2nd stock. Thats only possible on really short trip animations right?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
did anybody else notice that despite all of those amazing locks and combos and shiz, that by american tourney rules, they still almost went to time?

Luxor

Smash Champion
I've never seen the 0-death that the Diddy Kong used 2nd stock. Thats only possible on really short trip animations right?
All trip animations except for like DK/Ivy/Jiggs/2 others or something are the same framewise. Even Pikachu has an average trip duration.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like how the american diddys were saying that single nanner locks were inefficient and tedious and would be impractical to learn...

seemed pretty practical to me.

also, not hating, Im honestly confused as to how the match took so long.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0

>_> Because all he was doing was looking for the nana lock. Everything else would've put him at more risk and probably wouldn't have been as efficient as 0-deaths.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watching that match was like watching IC's play a match LOL.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I like how the american diddys were saying that single nanner locks were inefficient and tedious and would be impractical to learn...

seemed pretty practical to me.

I never knew it was so possible to run away for so long from a Diddy on FD :laugh:
Watching that match was like watching IC's play a match LOL.
I agree completely, I had the same thought while I was watching it

Yikarur

Smash Master
and IC Matches are awesome
Diddy = like ICs
IC Matches = awesome
ergo
this Diddy player = awesome

!!

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah, that fight was entirely banana based, the ZS was clearly looking for openings to infinite as well.

This is where matchup ratios start to get tricky though. Do we account for those infinites now that we can see they are obviously usable? Despite it never being seen in the American metagame?

Diddy ends up becoming a very interesting character with this ability. For characters who cannot infinite Diddy back, it becomes an issue of how easily they can avoid his infinite, making Diddy basically a better ICs. And for characters who can infinite him back, the matchup becomes centered around that character's ability to get the nanners from Diddy, and the ease at which they can infinite Diddy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the reason we discounted all the other nanner infinites is two part.

1. because every other character that ive seen utilise the 1 nanner infinite had to footstool diddy, a manuver that sends character above bf/sv platform height, making it useless on any stage thats not fd

2. Because of the american stage list being 13-16 stages and the japanese being 3-4) it makes playing on fd MUCH more frequent and thus makes the tech monumentally more useful.

So, we have platform canceling on SV, and nanner locks on fd, now if we could find some super amazing tech that we could only do on battlefield, than I would be 100 percent behind the japanese stage list.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Am I the only one pleased at the current irony of the fact that japan's conservative stagelist has enabled their metagame to develop beyound the American?

Top Bottom