• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I agree to this. The match-up isn't ridiculously hard. Getting in is just hard. Once that's done, Sonic kinda does pretty bad things to Olimar.
I'd agree.
Except you have to get in over and over and over again.

:applejack:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I can't see it easy for sonic, since his main way of getting in can be countered by olimar easily, not to mention his OoS options are ******** and it doesn't seem like Sonic does an amazing job staying or getting into olimar's blind spot.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Actually, Olimar going into shield is what Sonic WANTS. If they never shield, our chances of getting in at all drops tremendously. :applejack:

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
As for MK... M2K still is 2-1 with Nairo as of recent sets and tbh he came really close to 2-0ing Trela until he dropped that gimp game 2. Trela also was the person who came closest to beating Nairo too. It MAYBE true Nairo is better than M2K, but it's not undisputed.

As for Kirbys... Chu skill-wise is undisputedly the best Kirby, but results-wise, I dunno what Falln has been doing in SoCal, so I can't say, but... Why do you consider Kiwi but not me? Kiwi and I literally placed the same at SKTAR and we both used Kirby. I did use MK too, but I used Kirby when it mattered in my most important set to make it out of pools (me vs M@v). Me going MK vs a random Marth shouldn't be held against me, I just did it cause MK would make it easier, but I double 2-stocked him with my MK on a bad day, I could've won with Kirby too. Our bracket performance shouldn't matter since we both got last in bracket anyway.

Just curious also (since I don't read many results threads) how has Kiwi been doing in NE? I have a win over Luckay with Kirby (3rd best Pit) as well as that set helped me get ranked in my region. Is Kiwi ranked in NE/have notable wins with Kirby? All I know is that she beat Eazy in pools with Kirby at SKTAR.

Tbh, I honestly DON'T know who has a better Kirby between me and Kiwi since I didn't get to play her at SKTAR, but if you're gonna say SKTAR should get her on as a top 5 Kirby, there's no reason SKTAR shouldn't get me on as a top 5 Kirby either.

Also, I think MikeKirby may very well be the third best Kirby, I know YbM plays more ZSS than Kirby now and MikeKirby's been getting really good lately. If I knew YbM's recent wins with Kirby, then it'd be easier to make a judgment though.
I did have you tied at 5th with Kiwi/RRR before editing my post. :o

And of Y.b.m has been going zss more often, then theres no reason Mikekirby shouldnt be #3 kirby.

In that case, it would be you/Kiwi/RRR/Y.b.m tied for 4th and 5th. But thats not up to me though >_>

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
honestly Joe St should be considered for top 5 diddy over p-1. He has wins with diddy for sure on kiraflax, silly kyle k9. Bloodcross x 2, and other ne people. (I think mikeray pelca and nicole)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I did have you tied at 5th with Kiwi/RRR before editing my post. :o

And of Y.b.m has been going zss more often, then theres no reason Mikekirby shouldnt be #3 kirby.

In that case, it would be you/Kiwi/RRR/Y.b.m tied for 4th and 5th. But thats not up to me though >_>
IMO top 5 Kirbys of recent should be

1. Chu
2. Falln
3. MikeKirby
4. YbM (I know he mains ZSS now, but I still see Kirby next to his name, so he still uses him somewhat at least)
5. RRR

IMO anyway. I honestly don't know what RRR's results/wins are since he lives in such an obscure region, but since he's 4th top Kirby right now even over MikeKirby with his good recent wins such as Chibo, Inui, Cheese, etc. (MikeKirby should be above RRR when the thread gets updated though) Those would be more solid than my own and probably Kiwi's (probably, I have no idea what Kiwi's results/wins are though, so seeing those would be nice).

Neon!

Smash Lord
Wasn't someone arguing recently that Pink Fresh was better than Mekos? I'm sure that argument can be put to rest now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Did Tyrant's first set with Mekos get saved/recorded? I want to see that.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It doesn't matter who/where/when/why or if he's riding or being rode, Seagull is all about the meatriding.
(superdeduperhomo)
I only meatride my region if they do well. Mekos is better then PF now. PF could've gotten to the point Mekos is at, but he lost the point to care (Around the time after he took M2k to game 3 pretty much) and just dove off the Earth smash-wise. Now he's not as good as he was. I'd still say he's top 3 though. Probably under Fae. He started playing again last week and I saw him today at Xanadu. Happy :lucas:.

:018:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
at sktar:

i went all DDD vs Gluttony, even tho he won game 1 and had the option to CP a ddd counter game 3, he stayed wario all the way through.

levels were

SV
FD
SV

for some reason he banned PS1.

All matches were close, third game was last stock 30ish% though

the only time i actually went mk this tourny and won was Vs Orion and DRN. I may have been able to beat them fine with wario, but I was just more comfortable against those players with mk.

I went DDD against Kai after losing game one with wario.

I went Wario all through pools, beating Lie, and taking a game of m2k.

In bracket my wario and mk lost to Anti and M2k.

In mm's i traded wins vs Will with wario, beat shadow and BPC with wario, and lost to Leon with wario.

that's all i can remember atm, if i forgot anything i appoligize

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Lol I'm pretty sure everyone can blush...but only the Avatar can bring balance to the world.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
I don't think Nairo is #1
He's my favourite MK, I love his style and I can only hope to be as fast as he is.

But he's very inconsistent, specially in the ditto against other top-5 contenders.
He constantly loses to Vinnie, and in recent tournaments he lost to M2K and Anti.

Anti is much more worthy of that #1, imo.
what are you talking about? im just wondering me and vinnie go like even back and forth and i beat him this past weekend as well m2k beat me the week before but i beat him 2 weeks ago anti beat me recent but i beat him the most recent lol shoutouts to the cpu mks :3

Nairo

Banned via Administration
What youre saying doesnt correspond with reality. Ally has had a history of doing notoriously bad vs WC, and Anti has most definitely lost to WC multiple times before (both in tournament and MMs). If youd said ADHD, ok maybe, but anyone else means youre just tossing out speculation with absolutely not reason. And using anti vs rich as justification is as much BS as using Larry vs Dabuz. Anti is the second best player in North America at the olimar MU, not even Nairo is that level. Not sure if Rich and Nairo got a chance to play at SKATR but you can ask them how their matches went at Apex.

And anuar 'appears' to be the only olimar that resembles the more aggressive (than usual) oli metagame Rich uses, on top of the results he brings in.
whos the first best at it? im not even far from anti vs olimar lol your meatride with the WC is so godlike tho keep it up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom