• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Nairo is #1. Cut the nonsense.

-The very obvious point of him placing 3rd at APEX.
-He beat Anti at Collision.
-He goes back and forth with Vinnie; him having a SIGNIFICANT win over Vinnie at SKTAR.
-He beat ESAM in Winners and in GFs at SKTAR.
-Oh and he beat Trela. We all saw what Trela did.

You guys are trippin. He'd flatline WC easily.

Also Sync, why is Anuar on your list? I haven't seen any results from him in forever. Unless his results are on AiB?

Cassio

Smash Master
Way to repeat every point already brought up last page, not address the main concern, and state ignorance by ignoring that no ones been able to flatline WC (ADHD's come closest).

Anuar is close to Rich/Dabuz's level he just hasnt travelled outside the region.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Way to repeat every point already brought up last page, not address the main concern, and state ignorance by ignoring that no ones been able to flatline WC (ADHD's come closest).

Anuar is close to Rich/Dabuz's level he just hasnt travelled outside the region.
I skipped most of the other junk. My bad.

I'm pretty sure that the WC reps that went to SKTAR would not have beaten Nairo. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have made it past Anti or Ally to be honest. We saw first hand what Anti did to Rich Brown.

From what I have seen of Anuar, he appears to be on the same level as Denti/Logic/Fino/Tin Man.

Aspeaking of which, why is there a lack of Tin Man on here?

Cassio

Smash Master
What youre saying doesnt correspond with reality. Ally has had a history of doing notoriously bad vs WC, and Anti has most definitely lost to WC multiple times before (both in tournament and MMs). If youd said ADHD, ok maybe, but anyone else means youre just tossing out speculation with absolutely not reason. And using anti vs rich as justification is as much BS as using Larry vs Dabuz. Anti is the second best player in North America at the olimar MU, not even Nairo is that level. Not sure if Rich and Nairo got a chance to play at SKATR but you can ask them how their matches went at Apex.

And anuar 'appears' to be the only olimar that resembles the more aggressive (than usual) oli metagame Rich uses, on top of the results he brings in.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Cassio, stop being dumb. Who the **** cares who does good on one coast and bad on the other when the wins you do have are insanely good? Also, please tell me who m2k has beaten this year that matches who nairo has beaten this year.

Cassio

Smash Master
Because its not a coincidence that most players tend to do better the closer they are to their normal region and less well outside of it. Also Im arguing the case for Anti not M2K.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Vinnie/Me is an interesting topic. He has more exposure to the best people, such as nairo/anti/ally/m2k so he obviously has more wins on them. I am not sure who he has winning records against, though. I also have Pikachu for certain MUs that are annoying for ICs (Such as Snake and ZSS) while Vinnie stays ICs for almost every MU. We are both gdlk.

Also, the MK list, IMO, is

Nairo
Anti
M2K
Tyrant
Ally

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Because its not a coincidence that most players tend to do better the closer they are to their normal region and less well outside of it. Also Im arguing the case for Anti not M2K.
Cause Nairo only played EC players over the course of the year? It's not like he beat one of the best players in texas, or japanese players that beat everyone else, or even that he beat players out of his region, clearly his wins mean nothing.

Ok, who has anti played over the course of this year that would put him over Nairo? He didn't even finish his pools at apex and even dropped out this weekend after getting 4th, he doesn't play this game nearly as much as he used to and probably won't be entering much in the future so he's basically retired, unless he changed his mind after saying he's quitting.

Cassio

Smash Master
Ive never said he didnt have amazing wins, but he still has to be compared with Anti who also has amazing wins. As far as I know Anti isnt quitting...from what Ive heard hes travelling to SoCal In August for Revelations.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Vinnie/Me is an interesting topic. He has more exposure to the best people, such as nairo/anti/ally/m2k so he obviously has more wins on them. I am not sure who he has winning records against, though. I also have Pikachu for certain MUs that are annoying for ICs (Such as Snake and ZSS) while Vinnie stays ICs for almost every MU. We are both gdlk.

Also, the MK list, IMO, is

Nairo
Anti
M2K
Tyrant
Ally
I agree with this :metaknight: list.

Top 5 Olimars

1. Rich Brown
2. Dabuz
3. Anuar
4. Logic/Denti
5. Logic/Denti

Olimars puttin the work boots on!
And this :olimar: list (although I think Denti or Logic can be replaced with Anuar).

Tesh

Smash Hero
My set vs tyrant was dumb game 3 I got timed out on 8 minute timer when it was supposed to be 10 :( .

I beat seibrik and mr r in money matches but mr r went sheik and MK but still a good win

:phone:
Top 5 Olimars

1. Rich Brown
2. Dabuz
3. Anuar
4. Logic/Denti
5. Logic/Denti

Olimars puttin the work boots on!
Denti is amazing though. Absolutely keep him on the Olimar list.
I hope people aren't basing this off of SKTAR performance. I see no reason why Rich Brown should be above Dabuz or why anyone should think Denti would be below 3rd/4th on the list.

DEHF was upset early and wound up taking out Denti and Dabuz in loser's bracket.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Rich Brown is more consistent at nationals...every single one. He does as well in SoCal as Dabuz does in NY/NJ, and the regions themselves are probably #1/2 in the country.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Nairo has done nothing but prove himself since Apex, the results speak for itself, he should absolutely be moved to the 1st MK slot, anyone debating otherwise is a terrible judge of skill/analyzing results. Anti could be second, since his return to singles him and Nairo are 1-1 but Nairo has had the higher placings at the largest events, both have shown they have way better MU experience then M2K who still just can't get down certain match ups, I'd honestly move him to 3rd.

Also, I agree Ally is overall better then Tyrant but his MK doesn't seem as good, at least the games I saw from SKTAR, his Snake is Godly.

:017:

Sync.

Smash Champion
That list wasn't solely based off of SKTAR. I have always thought Dabuz>Rich up until I thought of their consistency at nationals. RB is a bit more consistent than Dabuz. Anuar is pretty amazing too; he goes toe to toe with SoCal's best, something I don't think Denti or Logic are capable of yet. Denti and Logic however, always perform very well in their region and do fair at nationals. Finally Fino would make a good 6th along with me or TinMan.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What do you guys even mean by consistent? Consistent doesn't= good or bad automatically. If Rich is consistent, he should STAY WHERE HE WAS. Thats exactly what consistency is. Did Dabuz lose to someone so bad that he falls below consistency?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can move up while being consistent, Tesh.
What if the player above you isn't consistent? :applejack:

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
- As most people have been saying, Nairo is the undisputed best :metaknight:
- Seibrik is definitely a top 5 :wario:
- Nakat #2 :fox: (shouldve been #2 quite some time back)

Potential :kirby2: List

1. Chu/Falln
2. Chu/Falln
3. Mikekirby/Y.b.m
4. Mikekirby/Y.b.m
5. RRR/Kiwi

Kiwi made it out of pools in the most stacked East Coast National Tourney this past weekend. This girl is going in :yeahboi:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
EE, Nairo and I are 6-5 (2-1 since my return to singles since I double elimmed him at Vinnies tournament then he beat me at collision) my favor so it's pretty much neck and neck.

But he can have the best MK title for now lol, Even though I still think M2K is the best MK and he's just choking lately but Nairo has proven himself more in these recent months.

Congratz son, you deserve it bahahahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom