• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
It's pretty arguable at this point, both of them have their strong points with ICs that they excel at compared to the other.

On another note, Nairo best MK? His results compared to M2K over this year have been amazing.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah... About Nairo...

Ally lost to ESAM but beats Nairo
Anti lost to ESAM but beats Nairo
Every1 has been beating M2K

whats the win loss ratio of M2K, Nairo, Ally and Anti vs Vinnie

But ESAM has beaten EVERY1 that VInnie has w/ ICs minus Nairo... & THEN he beat Vinnie...

:sonic:

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Yeah... About Nairo...

But ESAM has beaten EVERY1 that VInnie has w/ ICs minus Nairo... & THEN he beat Vinnie...

I was going to make this exact same point. Except in my case...
:lucario:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Yeah... About Nairo...

did he use ics to beat anti? or pikachu? same with the other people he played that were not on stream. Did he beat them with ics or pikachu?

Player-1

Smash Legend
My set vs tyrant was dumb game 3 I got timed out on 8 minute timer when it was supposed to be 10 :( .

I beat seibrik and mr r in money matches but mr r went sheik and MK but still a good win

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
Hey guys I think Pink Fresh might be the best Lucas if he kept playin I dunno what do yall think :awesome:

Also Id hold off on Nairo as first. ESAM and Vinnie are great wins, but his results are still entirely in his own back yard and sans any WC wins which players like M2K and Anti have. I think Anti is still a strong contender for the spot. Nairo should go to revelations.

And yes @ Luckay.

What's The Point

Smash Master
You have to include how much the MM was for, and some way to verify it. I think below $10 doesn't count for Illmatic.

The problem with MMs counting is you get people like P1 who will MM everybody at the tournament, maybe even multiple times. Just by process of playing everybody some wins will occur from the players who don't really care about the match or just do them to try out new stuff. Also loses in MMs are never reported.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Hey guys I think Pink Fresh might be the best Lucas if he kept playin I dunno what do yall think :awesome:

Also Id hold off on Nairo as first. ESAM and Vinnie are great wins, but his results are still entirely in his own back yard and sans any WC wins which players like M2K and Anti have. I think Anti is still a strong contender for the spot. Nairo should go to revelations.

And yes @ Luckay.
uuuhm, why does that matter? His competition for first is m2k, so over the course of this year, compare the results between the two. This list is meant to be up to date and accurate based on recent results, and Nairo has **** well proved he can place higher at these internationals than any other MK can, and on multiple occasions.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't think Nairo is #1
He's my favourite MK, I love his style and I can only hope to be as fast as he is.

But he's very inconsistent, specially in the ditto against other top-5 contenders.
He constantly loses to Vinnie, and in recent tournaments he lost to M2K and Anti.

Anti is much more worthy of that #1, imo.

Cassio

Smash Master
IMO Nairos competition for first is Anti. Two internationals that are both in NY/NJ and not so much as a regional or local outside the area. Tournament location does matter, and there just seems to be something wrong with granting someone the title of best in the US without results anywhere else outside his immediate local area and having not played many of its toughest opponents, which Anti has. Im not saying it isnt true, Im saying theres a big (but easily filled) hole that prevents him from being really granted the title.

WAIT A MINUTE! I just realized TC1 outplaced player-1 by like two rounds xD, why you even bringin this shiz up?

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
The argument of finding it necessary to play others in different regions is irrelevant. No one is going to travel across the country to play Brawl unless its at a very large tournament, which is why tourney results and matches played during that event need to be weighed very heavily. Just because APEX and SKTAR are in the Northeast doesnt mean that people from that region aren't branching out. Everyone goes to those events because its expected that the best in the US will be there, and that doing well there means that you are among the best players in the US.

Cassio

Smash Master
The post doesnt address what Id said aside from suggesting that travelling is 'too hard', which it isnt or most of this games top level players would never do it (almost all do). Id appreciate that point better if this were a debate about the 5th best jigglypuff, but were talking about the best player of the best character. Its important. On top of that since Apex theres but a TON of big events and theres still a few more coming up.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
No I agree with that, just not with what you said about there being something wrong with Nairo only having results in his area. Imo, that's made up for by the fact that he's at every large event and maintains consistent results when they matter most.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Tc1 doesn't use full diddy plus I got bracket wrecked, keitaro even said it was a mistake 1st seed vs 3rd seed first round shouldn't happen when there are 4th seeds

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Honestly guys if your still arguing Nairo being #1 yet I dunno what you guys are doing. He beat immense names at SKTAR and outplaced M2K by quite a few places and Anti by 3.

The kid is arguably the number #1 player in America and it is still being debated whether or not he is #1 MK. Lol what kind of silly theorycrafting goes on in here, stop acting like he needs to prove something when he already has multiple times. Especially when most Top players will tell you he is #1......

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
All of my MMs were $5...but if you add both of the MMs against Kira it's $10...

I have 3 more wins on Kira if you count mms. Also, if they count your MM WIN on Mr. R's Sheik, tjen they should count my win against Mike's MK

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Isn't nairo's record vs M2K, vinnie and ally still fairly poor? And how is it overall against anti? Maybe overall Nairo is #1, but it's not a stupid position to claim he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom