• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Bitman

Smash Master
That MU seems in Samus' favor, honestly.
I personally feel it's a +1 for Samus. That's R.O.B's ONLY bad MU with a character lower than him on the Tier List, IMO.

The reason it's a -1 right now is because the discussion between the two have never been with as high level play as Stingers/Esam or even that one time you and I played at David's.

I hate the MU.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Its definitely possible. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but ROB is basically everything Samus likes an opponent to be. Big target (combos, zair, and projectiles), in the air a lot (spikeable), and kinda weak from below (Uair strings).

They're close in weight-class and both have great recovery. Samus can obviously grab the ledge from farther away while ROB can stay off of it for longer periods of time. I'd trust 8bit on this one.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
samus doesnt need to get close and has the tools to keep ROB out
my only exp is 3 games vs esam but it was definitely hard. still esams...esam lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
After 1. Mekos 2. FAE, what would the Lucas list look like?

I am on the Mekos and FAE hype train officially. They are both absurd

Tesh

Smash Hero
ROB is heavy + Samus can't kill?
ROB has a much better CQC game?
DrSoussou is definitely right, but I'm not sure if that is enough to make up for her weak points. She does have a very strong edgeguard game against slow recoveries like his so killing isn't much of an issue. Especially since his height wouldn't make it easy to avoid Zair (its all she needs to get you off stage).

Tesh

Smash Hero
ROB can't airdodge during his Up B iirc. So a combination of missiles/zair and fully charge shots would be difficult for him to avoid. Missiles lose to his aerials, but zair and charge shot beat everything so I expect its very tricky for him. He can shoot back, but he can't throw out near as much crap as she can.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Learn to read my comment bro. I said on the CURRENT list.
Esam says people misunderstand my comments but I don't think that is my fault. People speed read or something.
Chill, you still don't make your posts clear most of the time. I do read what you say, but it was my fault I just assumed oats was on the lucas list and didn't bother checking. Don't know why ninjalink and tearbear are on it. Why aren't you hyping your boy up then?

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Can't he just recover high? I'm sure his upB can outspeed Samus lol
Unless she transforms mid-edgeguard.
I feel like ROB would try as hard as possible to attack back to the ledge using gyro, lasers, and nairs/fairs out of UpB because recovering from underneath the ledge is susceptible to spike (Tesh is right, he can't airdodge out of it. he can only defend with u-air) and recovering high leaves him open to Samus' u-air and stuff.

If attacking to recover doesn't work though, you're probably right. Recovering high is preferable because using mixups to land safely is less suicidal than dodging meteor smashes. But now we're basically starting a MU discussion in the wrong place :p

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its alright, this thread is dead until Saturday night when tournament results start rolling in and hype about who beat which notable player and should be where.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:wolf: list still needs to put MegaRobMan as 1st. I mean, every :wolf: main keeps saying it...Consistent top 3 results in Nebraska and great wins against people like Thugz, Sm3sh, JMan#'s, and JLO. His only losses are to a top 5 :dedede: from Wyoming named Tyser.

:018:

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
:wolf: list still needs to put MegaRobMan as 1st. I mean, every :wolf: main keeps saying it...Consistent top 3 results in Nebraska and great wins against people like Thugz, Sm3sh, JMan#'s, and JLO. His only losses are to a top 5 :dedede: from Wyoming named Tyser.

:018:
I agree with this no wolf has kept a constant Top 3 in their region and loses to dumb Counter Pick characters

:shiro:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, put me at #5

I mean, :shiro: I think that's all that needs to be said.

I do have wins vs people that are good that aren't from my direct region, though.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
But.. Samus' projectiles are so slow.. how can he not just.. blow one up, then dodge the rest ?

Not to mention he keeps his second jump if you don't jump before the Up B.
So, yeah. :3

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Just fyi, I updated everyone's win/loss record on here, so if you want to look at Player-1's record for instance (here), then it will include all his GA tournaments as well, not just AL ones anymore. I have most of the well-known players from AL/GA on there, so just use it as a resource when necessary.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
My wins are better than Player-1's. My wins this this season are Kira (2nd best R.O.B and 2nd best Pit. Also, ranked 2nd in Arizona), Zekey (4th best DDD), Sky (4th best Wario and ranked 3rd in Norcal) Sean (ranked 4th in Norcal), Hino (ranked 9th in Vegas) and if we count mms, then Vato break (ranked 8th in Socal) Scizor (best Link) and K9 (Ranked 3rd in Arizona). Also, I'm currently ranked 9th in Socal

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I just realized burnstocks wasn't on top 5 yoshi's.

Then I realized he needs to attend stuff.

GO TO TOURNAMENTS YOU STUPID DINOSAUR!!!!!!

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, not trying to start a battle here but why wouldnt losses be taken into account? Gonna have to start tossing Nexus onto these lists otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom