• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think Wedge should take 5th spot. No one really cares if you can beat Canadians/Mexicans.

Also if we are talking about who would be better suited to win in any region in the U.S. I'd pick ESAM over Vinnie and obviously Ally over everyone. If we are talking about who would get stomped least in Japan....iono.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think Wedge should take 5th spot. No one really cares if you can beat Canadians/Mexicans.

Also if we are talking about who would be better suited to win in any region in the U.S. I'd pick ESAM over Vinnie and obviously Ally over everyone. If we are talking about who would get stomped least in Japan....iono.
sad truth for the most part.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Spent 20 minutes indulging myself in reading the last 15 or so pages of this thread.

The T5 Wolf list needs a serious update. Choice is inactive. Last tourney I recall seeing him at was Apex and I believe he only entered doubles with Trevonte. Lycan should be put as 4th due to activity and generally high placings (though admittedly he uses a bunch of other characters too, hence I can't discern who he beat with whom) with McPe being moved up to 3rd and Shiro for 5th.

Rest of the Wolf's after Kain need to step it up with their wins/placings. After Kain and Gull, I'd say there's a sizeable skill gap when comparing them to the other 3. Hell, there's a good gap between the top 2 since I'm at it.

Ouch. I think it's fair to compare recent performances/wins. What accomplishments do they both have as of recent? (I know Kuraudo placed 9th/40-ish at P7, the WC Canada Impulse Qualifier regional if that means something).

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
...Am I the only person who thinks Vinnie and ESAM are tied for number 2 or 3 in the country?
M2K, ESAM, Vinnie, Nairo, Anti. Maybe DEHF, but I haven't seen much from him recently. (Haven't been paying too much attention though.)
I'd say Vinnie for top 5 country, just unbelievably good. But by what standard should an "overall" best list be judged (it won't be made, just wondering how you are measuring). If it's purely results over the course of Brawl (including release onwards) I feel as though M2K would still be 1 due to early release domination.

Looks at apex results...dehf why?

Adhd should be on there if he trys
Still think Gnes is better, I mean results show what's true, but ierno Gnes' playstyle is so much better if you ask me. He takes the risks that ADHD doesn't and it pays off.

Vinnie and Ally and Anti would get least stomped IMO. I wanna say ESAM but I don't know Japan's pika-MU experience.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The last time I think I was even considered was breaking out of pools at WHOBO 3. Asides from that, I don't have the showings or don't travel in the more populated States. Best I do is frequent the 4th and 5th place spots at my own monthlies. ...that have about oh...13 or 12 people usually? :p

I'm okay. Just don't fight the list or other players outside our monthlies enough.

Thanks for the props though, H. You guys gotta watch out for this Wolf. Up and rising ftw.

ChuDat

Smash Master
One person could not take 3 stocks off of me in your region in a crew battle. Fact. Seibrik would only lose 3 to one person if he went Wario and got CP'd by coney. Nick Riddle wouldn't lose 3 stocks to a single person either, he is a better player than everybody in your region. My ICs could probably 2 stock everybody from your region with somewhat consistency (Other than Logic since he is getting very good at that MU very fast). My ICs BODY Lie, they would BODY Junebug (ICs/Lucario is a free MU for ICs), my ICs and my ICs would BODY everybody else because they aren't notable. Hell, I'd probably have the most trouble against you as ICs since bair is stupid.
I'm pretty sure I've beaten you the last time we played lol. We did a $10 money match after our set at MLG DC. I didn't even know the Pikachu match-up back then! I've gotten noticeably better since the last time we played soo..... yeah. I'd body your Ice climbers too lol.

If Seibrik recently lost to Speed, then he's going to have some trouble 3 stocking us. Not to mention he didn't even make bracket at Apex. hmmm.....

Nickriddle went 2 and out at Apex, not to mention he got 33rd in doubles LOL. He teamed with Seibrik.

Please crew battle us! LOL We're definitely not on par with people who go 2 and out in bracket.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If Seibrik recently lost to Speed, then he's going to have some trouble 3 stocking us. Not to mention he didn't even make bracket at Apex. hmmm.....
Seibrik made brackets and placed 25th at Apex. I'm a little confused who you're talking about here...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yeah i got 25th,

ANYWAY

only thing ima say is im not an auto loss vs sonic anymoreeeee

ask espy :p

i got wario for that matchup now, and for whatever reason it actually makes sense to me.

i'm not basing it on any results i've had vs sonics, im just basing it on how physically felt

with mk vs sonic i feel like im guessing what to do and im always wrong

but wen i did wario vs espy, i feel like it all just made more sense.

I'm not saying im gona **** speed next time, but i def. have alot more confidence vs sonic and i wouldn't mind mm'ing any sonic at this point

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Alright. That does it. We gotta make an Inui Logic Top 5 list now.

I'm serious about this. LOL
LMFAO!!!! YES!!!

I'm pretty sure I've beaten you the last time we played lol. We did a $10 money match after our set at MLG DC. I didn't even know the Pikachu match-up back then! I've gotten noticeably better since the last time we played soo..... yeah. I'd body your Ice climbers too lol.

Nickriddle went 2 and out at Apex, not to mention he got 33rd in doubles LOL. He teamed with Seibrik.

Please crew battle us! LOL We're definitely not on par with people who go 2 and out in bracket.
Dude plz stop posting about this crap -____- Idk why Pelca started being a **** out of nowhere. HE started it.

SideNote: Next time I'm rooting for you while you on a livestream... dont lose 2 Logic. I lost $20 betting on you against 4 ppl -____-

:sonic:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Would FL pick you 8bitman? I'm not even **** talking, just a question.

And I thought halzy quit?
Halzy quit, but IDC if I was chosen or not. If it were a Top 5 then it would look like:

Esam
Nick Riddle
Seibrik
MVD
Shaky

If it were Top 7, then I might be on that list. Not that I really care, they do they're own shee.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
not to sound cocky but I don't understand why people think
fatal
bizkit
shugo
bloodcross
pelca

are not a threat lol. I want an explanation why they wouldn't beat Florida. I admit ESAM is better than us but I don't think FL is. no disrespect maybe I'm just biased. ( also I could be added to the list)

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I used to like Pelca prior to this post. *Sigh* I shall wait until FL has a National so I can shut everyone up.

No R.O.B plays like me, nor does any other R.O.B compare to the speed and mobility of my R.O.B. This is not me bragging, this is not me boasting, this is the truth, I have yet to see a R.O.B who truly amazes me. No R.O.B main uses him for what he offers.

I would not be talking if I didn't have the skill I have. You're trash talking a player who is far superior to you and I feel you have no right to talk like that. Esam can beat you any day/time of the week, and like I have said before, this is not me bragging, or boasting, this is me telling the truth.

I am not going to sit here and argue placings about me, because you're right, I have never placed better than 4th, but there is a fine reason for that. Because Florida is one of the best damn regions in this Continent, and that is the truth. The main reason is because I am too damn ignorant to choose a cheap secondary like Falco and CG my way to victory, no, I have more respect for this game, and it's players.

I am proud of my region, and I respect every player here, and everywhere else. I can't sit here and let someone trash talk a friend of mine for no good reason, whether they care or not.

BTW Mods, from the way this thread is going, this is very on topic, and might add to any hype future tournaments might hold. :3
8bitman!!!! .....I respect you as a player my friend. The passion you have for your character is the same I have for mine! I feel it!! Carry on and make Rob the best you can! A player like you I would love to face in battle...even in singles! If we ever meet lets make it happen.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
8bit sucks, he beat Esam over a year ago for his 1 good win ever and never did anything else but wants credit cause he plays a character that Chibo can argue a case for being the best with, ****ING CHIBO PEOPLE! Just keep the towels warm and the water cold bench warmer.

:017:

Cassio

Smash Master
fatal
bizkit
shugo
bloodcross
pelca

are not a threat lol. I want an explanation why they wouldn't beat Florida. I admit ESAM is better than us but I don't think FL is. no disrespect maybe I'm just biased. ( also I could be added to the list)

Shugo and fatal are the only ones whove done anything notable at nationals and have beaten more than two or three exceptional players. Compared to like, half of Floridas PR. NE is still good, probably right below FL. But FL is still better.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
8bit sucks, he beat Esam over a year ago for his 1 good win ever and never did anything else but wants credit cause he plays a character that Chibo can argue a case for being the best with, ****ING CHIBO PEOPLE! Just keep the towels warm and the water cold bench warmer.

you sound extremely butt hurt about something.

in other news: I think Chudat should at least be number 2. If he continues to be active and destroying people like before he should be easily able to take number 1.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yo.... No1 gives a **** about NE VS FL! But if Pelca starts BS and all the sudden NE wants 2 follow then of course FL players will defend themselves. Hell I'm not even close 2 top 10. & the was no reason 4 Pelca 2 start posting like he did because I was merely discussing my love 4 Sonic & how good I want 2 be with him w/ Kuruado!

I still haven't said anything towards NE... Sure id love 2 see a crew battle because it would be hype! Crew battles are my fav bcuz its a major team(more than 2 ppl) effort and your repping something big(City, State, Hood, w/e).

So srsly... gtfoh w/ that NE vs FL bs. Or this will turn into a war of posts. I'm throwing logic and reason into the fire. I'm hoping it becomes water instead of oil/dry wood/weave.

FL vs TX is and always will be a fun subject because FL & TX travel 2 the same areas and play each other. NE vs FL wudnt happen until a National IF possible. So please. Every1 STFU ABOUT NE vs FL!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
None of FL is safe from my wrath.
Yo.... No1 gives a **** about NE VS FL! But if Pelca starts BS and all the sudden NE wants 2 follow then of course FL players will defend themselves. Hell I'm not even close 2 top 10. & the was no reason 4 Pelca 2 start posting like he did because I was merely discussing my love 4 Sonic & how good I want 2 be with him w/ Kuruado!

I still haven't said anything towards NE... Sure id love 2 see a crew battle because it would be hype! Crew battles are my fav bcuz its a major team(more than 2 ppl) effort and your repping something big(City, State, Hood, w/e).

So srsly... gtfoh w/ that NE vs FL bs. Or this will turn into a war of posts. I'm throwing logic and reason into the fire. I'm hoping it becomes water instead of oil/dry wood/weave.

FL vs TX is and always will be a fun subject because FL & TX travel 2 the same areas and play each other. NE vs FL wudnt happen until a National IF possible. So please. Every1 STFU ABOUT NE vs FL!

Shut up, plenty of people care, that is why its been a discussion smart guy. This thread has been the most interesting its been in months, its actaully sparking some drive in people and some good ol' **** talk we need, go away.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Fine... carry on about something that would probably never happen. Since everyone else is doing it....

**** NE! For no apparent reason!!!

Player-1

Smash Legend
fatal
bizkit
shugo
bloodcross
pelca

:pikachu2:

Vinnie

Smash Master
Why are people underrating Larry? (2 pages ago)

he lost to 1st and 2nd place at APEX (just like ESAM/Ally/Nairo) and got 9th -.-...

Cassio

Smash Master
Im a big supporter of larry and WC, but Ill admit he doesnt keep up with the game in the same way other top level players do. Larry in practice though is definitely an essential.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
fatal
bizkit
shugo
bloodcross
pelca

3/5 of these players play Falco (Pelca plays Falco...right?) so given that in most crew battles, you don't know the order of the opposing side's team, there's a good chance that you'll see ESAM vs Falco...

And then you consider the fact that the other 2 are Snakes, and ESAM double 3-stocked False at Apex (who outplaced Bizkit)

So even if NE>(FL-ESAM), a crew battle would be like the worst way to do it cause ESAM could realistically take out like 5-7 stocks (assuming 3 stocks per player) and then the rest of FL is good enough to finish the job.

And NE sucks anyway :awesome:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
More importantly, I don't see how past results matter in this kind of discussion at all. "Oh hey guys, so and so placed ____ at such and such, so he'd OBVIOUSLY perform like this in a crew battle!". Like I get the whole theorycraft that goes into that sort of thing, but some of the **** you guys reference to make a point is borderline ********. What matters the most are the individual players' statistics in terms of matchup comfort, matchup experience, past encounters with possible crew opponents (if any), and maybe a couple of the player's more recent results (to better reflect their current performance level). That's it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pretty much what Cassio stated. Shugo and Fatal have done things nationally. Bizkit's claim to fame is almost beating M2K. Pelca's is...beating Dabuz once? Koolaid, AFAIK, has never travelled out of his region, so his true skill is hard to determine (Much like 8bitman)

So, on the ROB thing, 8bitman probably has the most potential as a ROB player. He plays different than any ROB I have ever faced, in a good way. He lacks the overall MU experience that the current top ROBs have due to not travelling out of Florida (Or even outside of Miami). He could be the best, but he won't be until he gets more experience. Chibo and Stingers are still above him at this point. 8bitman is just way better at the Pikachu MU @_@

@Chu Yeah I know about their placings. NR suicided against Shugo when he should've won and played a MU he had never played before. Seibrik...IDK who he lost to in winners and lost to Mr. R in losers. AFAIK the only people to make bracket in Apex from MD/VA were Seagull, Logic, and Coney. Seagull went 0-2 and Coney did a little bit better, as did Logic. Hell, from your logic, Vinnie is *** because he went 0-2 at bracket and Anti didn't even make bracket. I know you beat me the last time we played when neither of us really knew the MU (Also I cared significantly less after I beat you in tournament), but I would go ICs against your region anyway.

Either way, FL has overall stronger players than MD/VA. I'm not saying we would completely annihalate you, but we would probably have 4-5 stocks at the end of a 5v5.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Yes, it should be an honor to contend with the great Chibo!

You're so mad lmao

So, on the ROB thing, 8bitman probably has the most potential as a ROB player. He plays different than any ROB I have ever faced, in a good way. He lacks the overall MU experience that the current top ROBs have due to not travelling out of Florida (Or even outside of Miami). He could be the best, but he won't be until he gets more experience. Chibo and Stingers are still above him at this point. 8bitman is just way better at the Pikachu MU @_@
No debate there, I am absolutely HORRENDOUS at the Pikachu matchup lmao. Every way I go about it in my mind I just can't make heads or tails at it. I think it's fairly bad. But tbh that one win is starting to get sort of stale, have you played him recently?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Spent 20 minutes indulging myself in reading the last 15 or so pages of this thread.

The T5 Wolf list needs a serious update. Choice is inactive. Last tourney I recall seeing him at was Apex and I believe he only entered doubles with Trevonte. Lycan should be put as 4th due to activity and generally high placings (though admittedly he uses a bunch of other characters too, hence I can't discern who he beat with whom) with McPe being moved up to 3rd and Shiro for 5th.

Rest of the Wolf's after Kain need to step it up with their wins/placings. After Kain and Gull, I'd say there's a sizeable skill gap when comparing them to the other 3. Hell, there's a good gap between the top 2 since I'm at it.
I'd consider Choice on the same level as me and Kain, but he went inactive :/...Semifer too, but he is Europe.
That's because with Wario all you have to do against Sonic is Bite lmao
Dats how MalCUM McNutty beats da :sonic:s.

CHIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

in other news: I think Chudat should at least be number 2. If he continues to be active and destroying people like before he should be easily able to take number 1.
Chu should be 1st!
:peach:.
Yes, it should be an honor to contend with the great Chibo!

You're so mad lmao
This quote is disheartening.
Pretty much what Cassio stated. Shugo and Fatal have done things nationally. Bizkit's claim to fame is almost beating M2K. Pelca's is...beating Dabuz once? Koolaid, AFAIK, has never travelled out of his region, so his true skill is hard to determine (Much like 8bitman)

@Chu Yeah I know about their placings. NR suicided against Shugo when he should've won and played a MU he had never played before. Seibrik...IDK who he lost to in winners and lost to Mr. R in losers. AFAIK the only people to make bracket in Apex from MD/VA were Seagull, Logic, and Coney. Seagull went 0-2 and Coney did a little bit better, as did Logic. Hell, from your logic, Vinnie is *** because he went 0-2 at bracket and Anti didn't even make bracket. I know you beat me the last time we played when neither of us really knew the MU (Also I cared significantly less after I beat you in tournament), but I would go ICs against your region anyway.

Either way, FL has overall stronger players than MD/VA. I'm not saying we would completely annihalate you, but we would probably have 4-5 stocks at the end of a 5v5.
Mr.R round 1 sugged. The one player in that bracket whose practice partner uses :wolf: constantly!!! Then just lost to DeLux in losers cause I didn't camp :popo:, but no johns lool.

Mvd was about as good as Takeover before he quit. Seibrik would probably go even with Omni in the ditto. I don't see how you think Fl is stronger then Md/Va. Only you are. We'll send Mekos at you in the crew battle.

I wonder if you have ever played a :samus2: that times you out consistently with morph ball...In brawl.

:018:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom