• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If you have to argue yourself for top5 you probably shouldn't be top 5...

Like, that just doesn't seem how it should be. Other people should be ADVOCATING FOR YOU if you really deserve to be on it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I dont mind people posting results for themselves. Arguing with people on why your wins are so much better is directly violating any chances you could get bumped up or on in the first place unless... As Hawkeye says.

You can be bold if you can back it up.

And by that I mean literally taking no prisoners and being a force on a level equal to that of M2K Ally Gnes etc...

Ill make an update later too tired from my fail tourney (7th out of 20 I think... sigh :c )

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Uh....I don't even know who Foxxy is...

Midwest East (OH, MI, KY, IN, West PA, and possibly Wv)
Midwest West (IL, KS, MO, IA, NE, WI)

Edit: If we even counted Anime convention tourneys then I beat Atomsk in a B/O 1 match LOL!
[collapse=5/17/10]

[/collapse]
[collapse=4/7/10]

Skilled but not on for whatever reason: Sushi-Man, Dub, Dr. Peepee, Mitsurugi[/collapse]
I'm just saying I've played against people outside of my region, I didn't say it was incredibly meaningful outside of the personal interaction. People trying to make it sound like I'm saying more than what I'm saying.

Also, yeah, he got 7th in a circuit, that's ****ing impressive.

Also that regional alignment should be looked at for actual proximity, but sure, I'll concede that.

Also, I'm not saying anything other than the 4 wins matter for this, at this point I feel I should defend Future because he was great for a period of time and I bet he'd beat the majority of you in beer pong.

Also, MO doesn't have a PR. They refuse to make one. We've talked about that after KS and NE made theirs.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Your political science vocabulary can't save you now.

Results from every tournament in the midwest ever until they stopped.

#1-Random OOR
#2-Wichita
#3-Wichita
#4-Wichita/Random OOR
#5-Wichita
#5-Future.

Wichita is a really fun word, and it really doesn't look like I'm spelling it right.
Results from every nebraska tournament until oos people realized that they can't make profit off you guys and you all play completely worthless characters and don't practice at all to get better and you all cry really hard about everything in the game so people don't even come to chill/have fun cause it's a pain to listen to it so there wasn't even a point to go there anymore especially when you have to drive through a blizzard every time and your cigarettes got stolen one time and the TO are so ******** at making brackets that people place 13th in a 9 person tournament:

#1-Random OoS
#2-Random OoS
#3-Random OoS
#4-Random OoS

and the other 5 were from nebraska (1 of them places 13th wtf y would you do that)

Now Nebraska just has 5 person tournaments with ******** stage-lists like summit.

top 5 wolf

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I dunno, Trent got 96th or something out of like 63 people in Iowa. Don't ask me how that stuff works.

Last 3 tournaments in Nebraska had more than 10 people.

And why would you hate on a side event?

Also I don't complain about stuff and I work to get better. Unless you are talking about people other than me.

Shiro he's from North Carolina, and I had an extra X. It's foxy, he was #2 and #5 in the NC PR's back in mid/late '10.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
It's the top 5 of each character thread, and yet these pages are whether or not Future is good and can be cited as a notable win.

If MO had had a PR for the time MRM is referencing, Future would've been second or third or fourth because based on tournament results and wins, that's where he fell. Cook, Legan, FAE, Nicole and Hylian were all above and around him on the PR (when I secretly made one based off wins/results/region strength of tournament attendance). Future is good but he also gets easily frustrated and it causes him to not play as well in tournament sometimes.

Tl;dr- If PR people from certain other states count, Future should count. Though it's a stretch, to say the least, to say he was the best in the MW:W or MW at one point.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think Future is better than I am

I just disputed that he was "the best player in the midwest west" as Rob tried to claim.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Future was actually better than me when I first moved to the midwest. He was one of the reasons I felt the desire to compete again(after beating me and placing 4th at a big tournament in indiana) which lead to my prime. Like Jowii said he gets frustrated easily and pretty much stopped practicing after his wii broke so he fell off a bit.

At one point though, he was very very very good, and has always had the potential to be. It's just rare that he doesn't get frustrated or try/practice.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Isn't he this wolf main http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=149513

From PA other furry guy met him like super long time ago and well he quit

he went by foxxy

:228:
That's Apollo. He also went by the name FURnace if I recall correctly.
It's the top 5 of each character thread, and yet these pages are whether or not Future is good and can be cited as a notable win.

If MO had had a PR for the time MRM is referencing, Future would've been second or third or fourth because based on tournament results and wins, that's where he fell. Cook, Legan, FAE, Nicole and Hylian were all above and around him on the PR (when I secretly made one based off wins/results/region strength of tournament attendance). Future is good but he also gets easily frustrated and it causes him to not play as well in tournament sometimes.

Tl;dr- If PR people from certain other states count, Future should count. Though it's a stretch, to say the least, to say he was the best in the MW:W or MW at one point.
Pretty much. Future was/is (He still play?) good, but I never considered him one of the best in the MW/MW:W.
I think Future is better than I am

I just disputed that he was "the best player in the midwest west" as Rob tried to claim.
I don't know who is better between you to and I don't feel comfortable enough to make that judgement without looking at some results/tourney wins.
I dunno, Trent got 96th or something out of like 63 people in Iowa. Don't ask me how that stuff works.

Last 3 tournaments in Nebraska had more than 10 people.

And why would you hate on a side event?

Also I don't complain about stuff and I work to get better. Unless you are talking about people other than me.

Shiro he's from North Carolina, and I had an extra X. It's foxy, he was #2 and #5 in the NC PR's back in mid/late '10.
LOOOOOOL. I totally remember when Trent got 97th out of like 60 something. He posted in the thread that he quit brawl afterwards, but he came back.

:018:

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
If you have to argue yourself for top5 you probably shouldn't be top 5...

Like, that just doesn't seem how it should be. Other people should be ADVOCATING FOR YOU if you really deserve to be on it.
FOR ONCE I AGREE WITH YOU :I

And I hope you also mean that you shouldn't have already mentioned yourself and then other people just jumped on the bandwagon I:

hyesz :pichu:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Luigi:

Boss BigLou YoshQ JBandrew Scatt
to:

1. Boss/YoshQ
2. YoshQ/Boss
3. Mr. ConCon
4. Zhao
5. Mr_L/Jbandrew

Fixed:

1. Boss
2. YoshQ*
3. Mr. ConCon**
4. Zhao**
5. Jbandrew*

Jbandrew to be replaced with Mr. L. very soon after if someone can effectively vouch for his performance in recent times. I'm guessing JB has not been performing well or not going to tourneys?

Falco

DEHF Shugo SK92 Bleachigo Arty

to

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3/4. SK92/Bloodcross
5. ??? (Arty, Kismet, ???)

fixed:

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3. SK92
4. Bloodcross**
5. Kismet**

Arty removed, performance from his falco declining, he's been going GW here and there as well. May move back on if I see him perform well at another local (1-3) or regional at least. Kismet if I'm not mistaken travels a bit at least right?

GW

Vinnie UTDZac Alphicans GIMR Vex
to
G&W:
1. Vinnie
2. Alphicans
3. GIMR (idk enough about)

Fixed:

1. Vinnie
2. Alphicans*
3. GIMR*
4. Vex*
5. UTDZ*

Until someone can replace UTDZ since he's inactive/quit, I'll leave him on here as a placeholder.

Ness:

FOW Shaky Vicegrip Tyson MIB

to

1. FOW
2. Shaky
3. Vicegrip
4. Red X**
5. Rockmix**

No fixing required.

Diddy Kong

ADHD Gnes Lie Player-1 Felix
to

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Lie
4. Player-1
5. Vato

Felix removed due to inactivity. Vato will move up / Player-1 will move down if and when events prove solidarity of their commitment to their characters (Vato) and their performance OoR (or bad performance otherwise). Good luck to you two.

And remember to beat Z.

Dedede:

Coney Atomsk CO18 LingLing Zekey

1. Coney
2. Atomsk
3. CO18
4. Zekey*
5. 4GOD**

I have removed LingLing as an update. I don't think I've heard much about them. Please correct me if needed.

Wolf:

1. Kain
2. Seagull Man
3. Choice
4. AC
5. MCPE**

I need to actual usernames for these guys btw for there swf profile.

Snake:

1. Ultimate Razer
2. Ally
3. Fatal
4. MVD
5. Mikeray**

Mikeray on, bizkit off. Questions?

Marth:

MikeHaze
Kadaj
Neo
Minty
Zex

Dunno what any of them do except Mike Kadaj... I'd be happy to quickly replace someone on the list if needed (Darc I think bc said but I want discussion kthx)

commiting changes shortly... ask questions now

Player-1

Smash Legend
the D3 list is a joke, Co18 hasn't played in...I don't even know how long, and why would zekey be above 4god? 4god placed got into bracket at apex, zekey didn't. Atomsk uses D3 once in a blue moon, should be moved down.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
So many debates on who should be top 5 lets just make it top 3, it will be funny and will make 4-5 more hungry.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ac is still on, but Holms is removed? Explain? They're both just as inactive. I think it'd be easier if we just did a top 3 list to be honest. Much easier to rank and less bickering involved.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
for GnW: Zac just played at a tourney yesterday and placed 3rd, but idk if he'll keep entering. Penta could def be put in top 5 tho, he just got 5th at a tourney yesterday with NE and NY players there, and has wins against good players recently.

D

Deleted member

the D3 list is a joke, Co18 hasn't played in...I don't even know how long, and why would zekey be above 4god? 4god placed got into bracket at apex, zekey didn't. Atomsk uses D3 once in a blue moon, should be moved down.
GDX got into bracket at apex, Player 1 didnt.
Why would player 1 be on the diddy list?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Marth:

1. MikeHAZE
2. NEO
3. Kadaj
4. Zex (if it can be confirmed that he actually wins all of Norcal with Marth)
5. Killlock

If Zex can't be confirmed, then move Killock up and put Bladewise in 5th.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Why not do top 8 so every one wins. Honestly there is no reason Havok, and Mikeray shouldn't be recognized snakes. As well Killock should be on the list for marths.

Player-1

Smash Legend
GDX got into bracket at apex, Player 1 didnt.
Why would player 1 be on the diddy list?
1. Because GDX is quitting
2. Because we have more than just Apex to compare, we live in the same region, we've played each other, been to some of the same tournaments, and play the same people and I've always done better except for Apex. Apex isn't the end all be all tournament. Zekey and 4God don't have like...anything to compare except Apex.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
but then two more would wanna get on and make it top 10...the madness would continue and half of the lists would be inactive.

Top 3 sounds fun but then you DO have a problem of underpresentation.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Not exactly,cuz top 3 is soooo dividing, you cant debate things like MVD over fatal or AC over choice. Maybe Nairo over Anti but Maybe

allshort17

Smash Ace
I feel like if we did top 3 for characters, expect for a few characters near the top tier, the lists would represent the highest level for each character better than the lists now do.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ac is still on, but Holms is removed? Explain? They're both just as inactive. I think it'd be easier if we just did a top 3 list to be honest. Much easier to rank and less bickering involved.

Yeah, top 3 is way way way better, most of the #4-5 for non-high tier players are "good" players and not "Great".

Remember when Reflex mentioned that he had never played a good Fox before and that one guy was like "Hey, I"m gonna go put a gun in my mouth now?" Then Reflex was all like "No, I meant a GREAT fox".

Zeton is #4 on that list. That's how hard it should be to get on for every character.

Krystedez.

Wolf list is bad.

Do you read posts?

Do you go by your own criteria?

-Shiro- is ahead of MCPE.

AC was taken out of the discussion a long time ago, Holms was the one to keep due to fan love.

I don't even care that you are bad at math in regards to myself and MCPE (4<1), -Shiro- should be way ahead of MCPE since -Shiro- has like 10 quality wins to 1.

I hope MCPE actually, like...you know...wins matches against good players instead of blowing massive leads next time so I feel he deserves to be ahead of me, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Kain
Seagull
Choice
-Shiro-
MCPE*

*I guess.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I agree with this top 3 thing.

Top 3 would increase the butthurt, rage, drama, meat riding,desperation to get your name on the list, etc (all of the essential things that make this thread entertaining) by tenfold.

I say you should do it Krys!

Coney

Smash Master
This thread.

If you guys spent as much time proving your worth as you do *****ing about the list, you'd have a better chance of being on it.

I mean I agree being recognized is nice and everything but is it really worth a week's worth of discussion to decide whether you are arguably the 4th best Jigglypuff?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^this

Lmfao, have any of you even recognized that relatively ninety percent of the people named in this thread don't even post in it? Good players usually don't care if their second or third best, they just want to improve.

In fact, they are probably practicing or have had practiced to get where they are now. Not posting on smashboards top five thread every other hour of their lives.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
^this

Lmfao, have any of you even recognized that relatively ninety percent of the people named in this thread don't even post in it? Good players usually don't care if their second or third best, they just want to improve.

In fact, they are probably practicing or have had practiced to get where they are now. Not posting on smashboards top five thread every other hour of their lives.
I agree with this man, even though he has over 8k posts in 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom