• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So? He got to r2 pools, and still best jiggz, still a good win. Bardull has only been to 1 tournament in the past 4 months also so he shouldn't be on your list with that logic also

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
EE was ranked till we changed our PR to 5 people after Apex. P1 has a win over me form October, but I don't know how far back you're going.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
October? Seagull it was in like July I'm pretty sure lol. So yeah I counted you as outdated

Nah. It was either the end of September or the beginning of October. I wasn't in Nc in the summer.

Just look at my set with Esam on youtube cause I always put the date of the tourney in the description.

Player-1

Smash Legend
hey vato were all of you wins with solo diddy?

I'm only asking you because I'm kind of curious if you were beating jebus in diddy dittos lol ;D

I support zinoto for top 5 diddy as well, I'm 0-2 with him in 5$ MM's (my sheik) which roller forgot to add on.

Also knowing the IC MU really well as Sheik doesn't change the fact that it's our worst MU. something along the lines of -3.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
wtf....making it R2 pools is definitely not the equivalent to taking someone to game 3. Making it to R2 pools mean you actually beat people in sets. Micaelis beat mikeray in 2 sets, he beat gdx (who made it to bracket at apex also), and me. Stop trying to discredit him lmfao.

Vato, seriously...I already told I threw Spade out. This is the 3rd time I've said this. Try actually READING my post.
no he didnt.

He beat me in 1 set

then the pool had to be reset

when we played the reset match he lost

Stop making **** up

Edit:
In all reality , I shouldn't have lost to him the first time I played him. I played like an idiot and got punished for it. When I beat zori 2-0 and forced a 3 way tie, I played MUCH smarter and 2-0'd him quite solidly. Losing to him made me realize never to sleep on people I've never heard of. But he isnt some wario god, and I honestly don't think he's a top 5 wario.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i beat jebus in diddy dittos
did you beat everyone that you listed with diddy only? I know you said you used MK in a game to beat zekey

no he didnt.

He beat me in 1 set

then the pool had to be reset

when we played the reset match he lost

Stop making **** up
I'm not making **** up, I'm just going by what I heard, calm the **** down.

Edit:
In all reality , I shouldn't have lost to him the first time I played him. I played like an idiot and got punished for it. When I beat zori 2-0 and forced a 3 way tie, I played MUCH smarter and 2-0'd him quite solidly. Losing to him made me realize never to sleep on people I've never heard of. But he isnt some wario god, and I honestly don't think he's a top 5 wario.
No johns bro, you lost get over it.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
did you beat everyone that you listed with diddy only? I know you said you used MK in a game to beat zekey

I'm not making **** up, I'm just going by what I heard, calm the **** down.

No johns bro, you lost get over it.
1. who told you false information? Almo? (lmao for believing almo)
2. I have no need to john, I won where it matter most ;)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
wasn't trying to take anything from you, I'm just explaining to you why people think he's better than you, because he looks better than you. What do you expect people to go off of if they refuse to go off of wins ;)

I dunno, Rob. The more I think about it, the more I think you should have to beat Tyser or Joker in tournament before you get on here. I realize that most people don't even know who either of those dudes are, but on a personal and more local level, it would probably mean more to him and Nebraska than him doing anything other than top 5 at a regional. Unless he beat MJG, I've witnessed that man do magical things in my own living room.
Dan you were making too much sense for anyone to take you seriously around here. And if I beat Tyser I'm like the only person whose ever beaten a D3 with Wolf. (Tyser is a top 5 Samus in NA...for melee, but his D3 would be top 5 if he would actually play the game more). I doubt any of these guys would care if I beat him, but beating Joker would for sure be good enough, any of these guys who don't think Joker is good are fools.

(literally, my middle name is John.)
I've got uncle Johns.

Everyone loves this avatar, Rob. Lol.
I think everyone just loves you, I'm the only one who likes it for being Mega Man. I guess you're alright, too. :p

How about I just put Player 1 and Vato on and deal with it for a few months. Vato isnt on the list yet anyways, so him being on at all is good as it is. I think he deserves it.
Yeah, I mean, obviously I have something to gain by telling P-1 to suck it, but his wins are really good. Vato's are just as good imo. So...

What have Felix or Lie been doing lately? I mean, if they can't match those recent wins, I don't see why they should remain on.

Also, Zinoto has good wins, but I think he needs to do a bit more to get on, or wait a bit longer. Good thing I don't play diddy, lolololol....that's a long list of quality people ahead of you when you're winning tournaments, lol.

i beat jebus in diddy dittos
Holy Buckets.

Player-1

Smash Legend
1. who told you false information? Almo? (lmao for believing almo)
no lmao not almo, i know how dumb almo can be. It was just people watching the pool I asked, I don't know who specifically. If there's no need to john then don't, and I wouldn't say it mattered the most since in both cases if you lost you were out.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I should learn from you.

Yep, I'll think about it. Lie was def. on because of his recent performance in MW and other wins people kept bantering off, but if he's slipped since then let's hear it. What's he done since October?

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I should learn from you.

Yep, I'll think about it. Lie was def. on because of his recent performance in MW and other wins people kept bantering off, but if he's slipped since then let's hear it. What's he done since October?
learn wat from me...I know nothing

anyway update the snake list

I should be above bizkit.

Player-1

Smash Legend
lmao at taking Lie off...no, we had this discussion like 2 weeks ago and it was "YEAH lie should definitly be #3 diddy" and now you're taking him off lolz. He won a tournament recently beating coney and I think omni among other people. He won that one MW tournament also. He's done other stuff, but I don't remember everything. The only thing about Lie is that he doesn't solo Diddy, he uses lot's of other characters too. Me and Lie should be #3 and #4 interchangeable #5 should be either felix or vato if you think felix is too inactive.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Not to knock the applicants for the top 5 spot, but it's kind of crazy to me to think that the 2nd to best character on the tier list's best of the best features 3/5 that can't win their own region >_>

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Not to knock the applicants for the top 5 spot, but it's kind of crazy to me to think that the 2nd to best character on the tier list's best of the best features 3/5 that can't win their own region >_>
So true...

Nebraska Brawl 2011 Year End Power Rankings
#1 MegaRobMan :wolf: :link2: :marth: :luigi2:
#2 ResTy :dedede:
#3 Trent :sonic:
#4 Thugz :pikachu2: :metaknight:
#5 Cue :snake:
#6 MK Mike :samus2: :falcon:
#7 JBM :marth:
#8 LeRoy :rob: :falco:

Vote MegaRobMan, President, 2012. He's #1 in his own region.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yo Rob. I've beaten Zekey in a MM of :dedede: vs :wolf: before. I only lose to Atomsk and Coney (Both people I can give a hard time to and win on certain stages against).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, there's a reason you're unquestionably with Kain as the two best Wolves in NA.

Tyser D3 > All D3's not Atomsk and Zac Swagger. He's just gotta go out and prove it. The videos of him playing me I think even he would say is him not even trying at all.

DeLux

^ That's a hyperbole if I've seen one

4God and Zeke have both played even with me. They have strong D3 results regionally/nationally. I don't think Tyser would be able to do that with his D3.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
DeLux, if I remember correctly, your playing experience with Tyser is

get wrecked by his falco in friendlies

Tyser says I suck because I lose to your climbers.

Is this fair? Tyser only loses to Joker because it's in his head.

DeLux

I don't think I've ever lost to (or played) his Falco. This is evidenced by the fact that pretty much anyone that's spoken to me since Apex would tell you that I had never played against a Falco before in tournament, so was super worried about my pool.

I've only played his D3 and then he tried TL when we first met at my third tournament via friendlies, which I beat. I was naive back then and was under the impression that it was an accomplishment and didn't realize nobody from Nebraska even plays Brawl. Then he played a friendly or two with me at BTEH1 where I beat his D3 again >_>

Even if what you did say is true, he doesn't have strong regional or national results with D3. He wouldn't pass under scrutiny that the other D3s did.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So you are saying you've never played him in tournament and friendlies don't matter?

Or have you succumb to the idea that friendlies are all that matter in Nebraska?

I didn't say that he is even on the list, I just said he should be based on skill.

MK Mike, aka Mexi, aka will beat you up, seriously probably should be #5 on the :samus: list iirc, he got 13th in Kansas before out of like 40 people.

DeLux

Even if what you did say is true, he doesn't have strong regional or national results with D3. He wouldn't pass under scrutiny that the other D3s did.
I think you overrating Nebraska absurdly. You're indisputably their best player, but you lose to the number two player. Matchups aside, your locality is probably the shallowest talent-wise in the MWW sub-region. If he had the skills you say he does, he'd be a threat to win our subregion. Nobody from Nebraska is.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I thought this thread was to overhype the **** out of your region so it looks better when you get blown up at locals?

I'll just quit while I'm ahead and say, if Tyser cared about Brawl, we would be a force. But he focuses on melee because he's one of the best Samus players in the world in that game. I can respect it.

But, the deal is, he's actually been playing me in brawl sometimes.........like....more than twice every 6 months, more like 5 times a month. Which is unquestionably the most training I have gotten since I just started playing competitively.

So, at least I'm getting better prepared for tournament play.

DeLux

The difference is that ATL South and Socal are really good regions so their wins matter and that's where the other D3's reside. The MWW is pretty bad overall in comparison.

Hype all you want, it won't change anything in reality. You shouldn't need Tyser to be a force.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Who am I supposed to play against? Tyser is clearly the next best player in my area. Joker lives 2.5 hours away. You live 3.2 or something hours away. I think MJG is 3 hours too, but I don't know if he would want to kick it afterwards.

There is gonna be a UNLincoln tournament that has the best rules ever, 3 stock, 4 minutes, FD only, no infinites. It should be a good way to recruit people and see if there's a prayer, because there wasn't at UNO. Making the Melee people play brawl is the best option because they are all superior in every facet of understanding and in the case of Tyser and Sm3esh/Cue when they feel like, they are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom