• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Region bias is pretty big here... But I do agree that a win on Lain is better then anyone P1 has beat so far. But he has multiple wins over Kismet and others which helps show his consistentency. Where as Zinoto being fairly new just needs to keep up his consistency within his region or outside and he should be fit for top 5. Pretty much the diddy arguement here for 5th...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I should note that I'm only listed as Reflex in the Falcon list. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing; it just looks weird when the TheReflexWonder is listed for Wario and PT.

I prefer TheReflexWonder, myself.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The thing bout Zinoto is that he has attended less than 6 offline tourneys and has had never had the chance to go OoS and play anyone. The only OoS player he has played against was Shugo and he actually scared Shugo despite getting 3-1'd

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Although I love zinoto, and I think that he should be on here, at the same time I dont think he should be on here until he proves himself out of region

He's one of the people that you don't know how good he is until you play him, kind of like duck at the beginning in melee.

Thankfuly he's gonna go to vengeance and SKTAR hopefuly, so prepare your anus

scary thing is he's still getting better and better

Coney

Smash Master
Give us some input then, Zak. There's a reason he asked for it.

:phone:
LOL I was just being a jerk, I haven't really done anything with Ness. I mean, I do think I'm top 5 but I haven't done anything to prove it because I get anxious about using him in tournament.

Cassio

Smash Master
it's not circular logic when some of those GA/AL players have already proved themselves OoS. I didn't have a problem with the way vato qualifies his wins except if they're out dated or they're a nobody that doesn't have many good wins back. For example, I've never heard of phoenix before, hasn't really done much OoS AFAIK, but if he beat mikehaze then that'a legit win and I have no problem with him being listed as a good win for vato.
All the wins he listed as recent are good wins he gave reasons for.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
LOL I was just being a jerk, I haven't really done anything with Ness. I mean, I do think I'm top 5 but I haven't done anything to prove it because I get anxious about using him in tournament.
Lol! You're not a jerk in my heart. <3

:phone:

vato_break

Smash Master
this tournament jebus beat paper twicem shiro(top 5 wolf) and hino(PR 6 in vegas) http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11197 http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11196

paper beat mata(top 3 pt that same tournament) and this tournament paper beat tearbear and pitbull(both who are ranked)http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11311

phoenix has beaten paper and myself recently http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12839
a tournament before this pheonix beat mikeHAZE but the results were not uploaded but everyone knows that he beat him. at this tournament pheonix beat jebus and paper http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12812

i also want to mention pitbull is good as hell and i think he is a top 3 lucario, he is the only other person in socal who has almost the same consistancy as me(placing top5 every local/top 10 every regional)

*keep in mind that pools in socal hold the same weight as bracket wins/losses*

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
How is GDX's results?

Im thinking

Player 1 and Vato for 4th/5th to be honest and dropping Player 1 a spot when Vato gets more good results. Im also thinkin Player 1 or Vato will drop completely out of 5th if one or the other is there and replacing them with the new threat when he goes OoS and does well. There's also GDX, if he's got results better than P1, I'd argue 4th GDX/5th Vato/Player1. For now Player1 should keep his position until I see some more noticeable wins from Vato, who deserves it more than the new threat atm.

Felix is inactive and will be axed unless evidence shown that he still plays.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
or we could just, u know, put the guy that places in the stronger region on the top, which would be vato.

vato is better than player 1 anyways from what vids there are of both of them.

and u can say GA and AL made it into bracket, which is incredibly impressive, but more than one from so-cal actually advanced in bracket, again the stronger region.

any wins in so-cal auto outrank GA/AL anyways. just put vato above p1

gdx plays once in a blue moon so if your gonna take off felix it could go gnes>adhd>vato>p1>gdx

Player-1

Smash Legend
Felix is just as active as Zinoto, he plays in his state only and doesn't travel OoS the only notable person in his region really is like Jem and t0mmy.

Reflex advanced in bracket btw, beat vinnie who everyone thought was going to get top 5, just sayin'. DRN also advanced in bracket beating dojo, so lmfao mahabra. Just goes to show how ignorant you are on the scene outside of TX.

You're crazy if you think vato's wins and results are better than mine right now.

Roller

Smash Legend
You all are using way too much Inui logic.

I could go on all day about how Zino has beaten X who has beaten Y. Anybody could for any half decent player, ****s wack.

falln

Smash Ace
is anyone not from ga able to make a testament towards the people p1's listing as wins? right now the diddy thing feels like thread vs p1 and it (at least to me) is apparent that vato's wins are much better than p1's.

vato_break

Smash Master
did all of your region make it into apex bracket and advance? cause mine did except for tearbear. i think my region is harder even if its just by a bit(i also think someone from socal beat reflex, i dont remember who though). you should link to the tournaments where you beat DRN, Kadaj, ect. The people i haven beaten have beaten top tier players e.g concon beat larry, pitbull beat havok, falln beat pwii and ect.

Roller

Smash Legend
Zinoto beat Lain who has beaten M2K and has placed top 3 and top 5 at 2/3 APEXs.

I can play too!! =D

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT.

So Zinoto has beaten ME. And as we all know. I have beaten Z. So Zinoto has essentially beaten someone able to beat top 17 at APEX, meaning Zinoto is ABOVE being ABOVE top 17 at APEX which after all the math meeeeeeeeeeeeans...

Z is free.

vato_break

Smash Master
i think i live in a overall harder stacked region and i think my wins are just as good if not better than player-1s. Harder region+ equally good or better wins= i should be added to top 5 diddys

Player-1

Smash Legend
did all of your region make it into apex bracket and advance? cause mine did except for tearbear. i think my region is harder even if its just by a bit(i also think someone from socal beat reflex, i dont remember who though). you should link to the tournaments where you beat DRN, Kadaj, ect. The people i haven beaten have beaten top tier players e.g concon beat larry, pitbull beat havok, falln beat pwii and ect.
zekey (4god did make it to bracket btw :)) didn't either and lol at this. WC is farther away than GA and a lot more expensive, it would make sense that only good players from the WC would come and enter bracket. Mikehaze beat reflex, PT and Wario Vs Marth aren't exactly close to even MUs btw.

falln, people already vouched for me when we had this same exact discussion like 2 weeks ago. Vato is just ****ing salty that he's not on it and won't shut up til he does. I'm not going to scroll all the way back through this thread to find it lmao.

Roller, we were establishing that the wins we listed were actually good wins and not just people that were bad.

http://alabamasmashleague.com/Tournament Results.html
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313070&highlight=salt+mines

Instead of going off "who you think is better" how about you just go off results? Like...I'm not even sure how you can say vato's results are better than mine, you're just ******** if you think that.

edit: vato, you do live in a harder region than me, but there's NO WAY that your results are better lmao.

vato_break

Smash Master
im not salty, actually i wouldnt mind if youre above me. If i was salty i would be insulting you and such but i am not :). I just feel that im definately a top 5 diddy. no need to throw insults around, we can keep this discussion civilized.

you have wins vs on people like those two ice climbers mains and the wario main but since they don't travel nor do i know if they have good, how do i know if theyre good. They aren't top players of the character they play either. The majority of the people i listed have wins a on top players, this isn't to say that they are better than whoever but to establish that they are GOOD wins. Results only matter to an extent btw, it's all a matter of who you beat. a person can place 1st every tournament but unless they beat good people..it doesnt hold much weight

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
How about I just put Player 1 and Vato on and deal with it for a few months. Vato isnt on the list yet anyways, so him being on at all is good as it is. I think he deserves it.

Just because someone holds a position above you doesnt neccessarily mean they are better than you in all aspects or most for that matter. Just means they are have at LEAST shown promise more and BEFORE the ones below them from my understanding of ratings. Things change quite easily.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Just vouching a little bit for GDX. He's one of the most active players in FL and whenever we do update the PR, he'll likely be on it.

FL literally did not hold any tourneys in January after Apex and only started up again this month. He missed the last one thanks to the SF event on the same day.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Who you beat is part of results....

like wtf...since my people don't travel they don't count? Most of your wins don't travel either. I already listed elev8's wins. 2 on kismet, 1 on DRN, 1 on billy, and 2 on 4god and they all proved them. So yes I DID ESTABLISH THEY HAVE GOOD WINS. I already gave Saint to you that he didn't really travel or beat anyone noteworthy these past 4 months. Micaelis? I keep laughing that people still haven't heard of him, he does travel and he does have good wins. He got to R2 pools at Apex, he got into a 3 way tie twice beating mikeray twice in the tie breakers, but lost the 3rd won. He also has a win on me and a win on GDX, I know this doesn't count, but he took Nick Riddle to game 3 last hit at apex. IMO he's a top 5 wario, but definitely a top 6.

so out of the 3 people you just named Saint was the only one I gave you as not a notable win I guess.

And Ive already stated this in this thread within the past day, why does it seem you aren't even reading my post and I just have to keep repeating myself

vato_break

Smash Master
so the wario player didn't make it out of pools(making it to r2 pools is the equivelant of saying you took someone to game 3; you either make it out or you don't, you with win or you don't), he lost to mikeray and has a win on a non-top 5 diddy and you? so the only person he really has beaten is you? im not sure i would could him as a part of your wins. What about Spade, who has he beaten that makes him a notable win?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Zinoto beat Lain who has beaten M2K and has placed top 3 and top 5 at 2/3 APEXs.

I can play too!! =D

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT.

So Zinoto has beaten ME. And as we all know. I have beaten Z. So Zinoto has essentially beaten someone able to beat top 17 at APEX, meaning Zinoto is ABOVE being ABOVE top 17 at APEX which after all the math meeeeeeeeeeeeans...

Z is free.
...but did you beat z

Player-1

Smash Legend
wtf....making it R2 pools is definitely not the equivalent to taking someone to game 3. Making it to R2 pools mean you actually beat people in sets. Micaelis beat mikeray in 2 sets, he beat gdx (who made it to bracket at apex also), and me. Stop trying to discredit him lmfao.

Vato, seriously...I already told I threw Spade out. This is the 3rd time I've said this. Try actually READING my post.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Vato that is slightly incorrect, but you are on the right track about pools.

Still, who people beat in Pools matters a lot,but you know what? I'm not going to over analyze you two. So don't hurt yourselves. Just keep discreditting each other's wins back and forth until you've fought Z, and I won't care what position you're on.

Roller

Smash Legend
btw P1. 3 of the players you listed as "GOOD WINS" for elev8, a :popo:.. Are. A :falco: lol, a :sheik: LOL, and a :dedede: lmaoooooooooo.

That is seriously the equivalent of saying you beat like.. Ganon.

...with metaknight.

It's not even a hyperbole.

Player-1

Smash Legend
btw P1. 3 of the players you listed as "GOOD WINS" for elev8, a :popo:.. Are. A :falco: lol, a :sheik: LOL, and a :dedede: lmaoooooooooo.

That is seriously the equivalent of saying you beat like.. Ganon.

...with metaknight.

It's not even a hyperbole.
a win is a win. Kismet and Billy know the ICs MU really well btw, falco vs ICs isn't even that bad of a MU lmao. Keep on trying to discredit wins of ICs better than you.

vato_break

Smash Master
-kismet
-kismet
-DRN (ZSS)
-Kadaj
-DRN (MK)
-Billy
-4god
-4god
-Micaelis
-Micaelis
-DaPuffster a jigglypuff main?im not sure if i would could this dapuffster is almost a good jiggly by default
-Saint Out
-elev8
-elev8
-EE Out, he's not ranked anywhere iirc
-Spade Out
-Spade Out

-kismet
-kismet
-DRN (ZSS)
-Kadaj
-DRN (MK)
-Billy
-4god
-4god
-Micaelis
-Micaelis
-elev8
-elev8

Mine

Falln
Hall
Concon
Vicegrip
Shiro
Shiro
Bardull
Jebus
Jebus
Zekey
Pitbull
Mata
Phoenix
Paper

Chuee

Smash Hero
a win is a win. Kismet and Billy know the ICs MU really well btw, falco vs ICs isn't even that bad of a MU lmao. Keep on trying to discredit wins of ICs better than you.
uh.........Falco vs ICs isn't too bad, but ICs vs Sheik is ****ing awful lmao. Knowing the MU isn't going to help you that much. D3 is not as bad, but still a really good MU for ICs.

Player-1

Smash Legend
-kismet
-kismet
-DRN (ZSS)
-Kadaj
-DRN (MK)
-Billy
-4god
-4god
-Micaelis
-Micaelis
-DaPuffster a jigglypuff main?im not sure if i would could this dapuffster is almost a good jiggly by default
-Saint Out
-elev8
-elev8
-EE Out, he's not ranked anywhere iirc
-Spade Out
-Spade Out

-kismet
-kismet
-DRN (ZSS)
-Kadaj
-DRN (MK)
-Billy