• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

If you guys spent as much time proving your worth as you do *****ing about the list, you'd have a better chance of being on it.

I mean I agree being recognized is nice and everything but is it really worth a week's worth of discussion to decide whether you are arguably the 4th best Jigglypuff?
Coney plz quit trying to ruin the fun.

So long as their is a thread with a list that implies one player is better than another there will always be drama and arguing involved.

And myself and other users will continue to enjoy watching it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
What am I supposed to do at work? Work?

What am I supposed to do in Nebraska? Play Brawl? Nah, we went over that, everyone but me is terrible and it's a waste of time.

Cassio

Smash Master
I saw the discussion earlier but I dont see why Zex is being moved down when he wins everything in norcal. Him not using primarily marth at nationals really shouldnt make a difference when basically every US marth (except mike) is doing poorly at nationals in the first place. The only one potentially above him is NEO because of that one X games where he beat several good players, but he still has a pretty small sample compared to what Zex has done and imo consistency > a handful of good wins. Norcal as a region gets overshadowed by socal, but theyre probably slightly better than PA, on par with GA, and slightly worse than MD/VA.

Also almost everyone who brought up snake mentioned havok needing to be in the top 5 (in the 4th spot)

For GW I heard someone named patches is really good and should be on the list rather than place holders.

Bloodcross is probably better than SK92 for now.

And I think several people (and wolves) mentioned putting shiro where AC.'s spot is in 4th.
1. Because GDX is quitting
2. Because we have more than just Apex to compare, we live in the same region, we've played each other, been to some of the same tournaments, and play the same people and I've always done better except for Apex. Apex isn't the end all be all tournament. Zekey and 4God don't have like...anything to compare except Apex.
lol, you cant have it both ways. If apex isnt everything then zekey has many better wins than 4god. Maybe thats only because hes been doing better longer, but consistency is more important that barely doing better at one tournament (as you implied). Otherwise its a double standard to write off GDXs being one of the only diddys to make bracket.

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol, you cant have it both ways. If apex isnt everything then zekey has many better wins than 4god. Maybe thats only because hes been doing better longer, but consistency is more important that barely doing better at one tournament (as you implied). Otherwise its a double standard to write off GDXs being one of the only diddys to make bracket.
I disagree with zekey having better wins

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Thanks for clearing that up instead of one sentance responses Cassio.

Ill commit changes when I get back from subway with some clarifications / fixes. Keep em comin if needed.

Player-1

Smash Legend
bloodcross just won a tournament with vinnie, fatal, mikeray, etc. in attendance. Being above SK wouldn't be farfetchd at all

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
GDX isn't quitting. He's only going to nationals that have more than JUST brawl at them. He's still active in fl...

Cassio

Smash Master
I made that long paragraph about Marth, but Im fine supporting NEO at second. Mostly I dont think zex should be below third and definitely not off the list completely as some people indicated.

Edit: 4God and Zekey are really debatable. Dont want to just pull the socal card, so Ill say the bigger reason Zekey deserves the nod for now is because hes been doing well for about a year. Not that he should always be allowed to hold that over 4gods head, but its a relevant criteria when both are new-ish and something that can be looked at again when 4gods been around a bit longer. Also agree that co18 should either be 5th or not on at all .-. At least someone like vex still enters.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
The thing with Zex is that no one has actually proved who he beats with Marth. All we have is Maharblar's word.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Ac is still on, but Holms is removed? Explain? They're both just as inactive. I think it'd be easier if we just did a top 3 list to be honest. Much easier to rank and less bickering involved.

:018:
Much Easier I dont think so. Tbh it wouldnt be fair to the other contenders Joe and you know it would be near impossible to get on top 3 than it is to get on top 5, especially for wolf. You and Kain are safe that would make choice a target if it was Top 3 joe. Top 5 is better this way.

Roller

Smash Legend
Kryz, maybe you should actually consider switching to top 3. It would end all this low-mid level *****ing by P1, Xavier, MRM, etc.

Most of the players who actually probably deserve the 4-5 spot recognition either don't post here, don't care at all, or don't even want to be on this kind of list.

falln

Smash Ace
when i see zex at norcal tournies i occasionally attend he's normally marth. sometimes vs sean he'll go mk but norcal's been running mk banned for a while now

i can also see bloodcross over sk but there's a pretty big tourney next week in socal and im pretty sure sk's going so maybe see what happens then first?

also zekey > 4god imo

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Bloodcross should be top 3 for Falco

2. Conditions for change reqeusts are as follows:

-Provide results (which means placement and wins / losses, all which can be found in a normal SWF tourney result thread; along with this, if character icons etc. . . aren't included in the results posted, please refer to how much of which character(s) you or the person in question used
-Specifically highlight changes. Don't just say "so and so should be first." . . . Say who should move down or up or off as well in order to accommodate the change. This should be done in posts in this thread only. Do not send me PMs unless I've clearly ignored your requests (or am simply too blind to see them as sometimes happens)
-TRY to follow a trend. That means stay with the current topic and abide by my requests for more information, so that more changes can be made faster!

mikeray4

Smash Ace
bloodcross just won a tournament with vinnie, fatal, mikeray, etc. in attendance. Being above SK wouldn't be farfetchd at all
I wasnt in attendance...

Where do you get your information from? Like seriously...everything you hear about me is incorrect

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I already posted his results Fuujin ;)

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3. Bloodcross
4. SK92 (Unless you wanna wait until his next few tourneys)
5. Kismet

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Meekspeedy should be #3 sonic imo He beat Mr. R

Speed lost to Roller, and D1aos I havent seen anything from him in a while

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Committed changes.

Obv not everyone will like.

Im off to play LoL, be back when sheetstorm is over.

btw top 5 thread is staying top 5. top 3 = not enough rep, top 8 = too much rep.

However I could do a top 3 with the rest of the players in a funsies "HM" type thing.

Later.

Roller

Smash Legend
To be fair, sonics in general lose to me. lol, matchup is ********.

But I must agree that Meek should without a doubt be #3.

Meek has better wins than both (Mr. R alone was better) and places among the top in his region consistently.

D1aos does as well, however his region is significantly weaker with no real threats imo.

Speed does ok and has some solid wins, but is not even close to as consistent as Meek.

Speed got 4th seed in rd 1 of Apex btw, only beating a player nobody else lost to either. Granted the pool consisted of #1 in PA, #4 in MI, #3 Sonic, #1 Lucas in Europe, #5 Yoshi...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Speed's been on a decline for a while. I should have his spot.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Committed changes.

Obv not everyone will like.

Im off to play LoL, be back when sheetstorm is over.

btw top 5 thread is staying top 5. top 3 = not enough rep, top 8 = too much rep.

However I could do a top 3 with the rest of the players in a funsies "HM" type thing.

Later.
TY.

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
UTDZac is not a #3 Game and Watch. Definitely 2nd best, arguably 1st.
He still plays and is extremely good.

He got third at a tournament recently only losing to Denti and myself.

He's also winning or placing second in relatively all Dallas / Forth Worth tournaments which are really stacked.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I was wondering, like, why people saying he quit, Imma start just cross checking results (like I should be but don't have time to)...

Anyways Ill put him back to 1st or 2nd. I always believed he was either or. He made pro bracket in MLG I think. He's what made it impossible for me to make pro bracket. His GW from first hand experience is unsurpassable. But then again I've never played anyone of the other really good ones (sigh)...

btw someone link me penta's results recently

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
UTDzac is third cuz he enters stuff like once every 6 months lol. Not doubting that he couldn't be first again if he went active though :T.

Vinnie still has a few recent accomplishments with G&W that makes him first but he's been using him less and less
Results wise, Alphicans deserves the second spot as well.

@ kyrs
my old post i made here
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13950869&postcount=6758

also a tourney i entered this weekend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318587

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom