• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Star Wars Outlaws looks interesting. If I ever plan to get it, it'll be years later where I can get everything at a more reasonable price.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No Rayman

I can't believe I got my hopes up, I keep tuning into these shows expecting something different but all they show is slop. I bet they don't even remember that next year is Rayman's 30th anniversary

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So many people are trying to use the Tera raid events as a tool to predict the Legends Z-A starters.

Guys, they’re not dropping hints. I promise you :239:
They definitely do drop hints occasionally, but the Terra raids are just going through all the starters because money.

However I still believe the DLC trailer was 100% hinting at the starters for this game.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Noipoi

Howdy!
They definitely do drop hints occasionally,
Oh totally. Every game has some kind of covert hint to the next game that only makes sense in hindsight.

They just aren’t hunting at starters with these raids :4pacman:
However I still believe the DLC trailer was 100% hinting at the starters for this game.
See I can’t entirely buy that because of Torchic. We already know that every Kanto and Hoenn starter pokemon will be in the game, because they all have Megas. Torchic will be in the game no matter what.

So if we get another set of mixed starters I don’t think Torchic would be part of the line up when they have the chance to pick someone who wouldn’t be present otherwise, like Litten, Scorbunny, Tepig, etc.

I really think the trailer thing was just a coincidence. But hey what do I know, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh totally. Every game has some kind of covert hint to the next game that only makes sense in hindsight.

They just aren’t hunting at starters with these raids :4pacman:

See I can’t entirely buy that because of Torchic. We already know that every Kanto and Hoenn starter pokemon will be in the game, because they all have Megas. Torchic will be in the game no matter what.

So if we get another set of mixed starters I don’t think Torchic would be part of the line up when they have the chance to pick someone who wouldn’t be present otherwise, like Litten, Scorbunny, Tepig, etc.

I really think the trailer thing was just a coincidence. But hey what do I know, I could be wrong.
That is fair, but Gamefreak has also given us at least one Pokemon per Gen that got a mega, another form. So I feel like regional starters is fair game, regardless of if it gets a mega again or not. Which I could still be wrong, or we could just get the Kalos ones again with megas. Which would be fair game. I definitely wouldn’t rule out a regional mega evolution at this point. If they do give us a blaziken one, then maybe we get megas for the other two as well. Which would be really interesting to have regional forms and mega forms. I’d love to see how Gamefreak approaches a concept like that though.

Alright, what last minute preparations do I need before I enter the Palace of Shadow?
What level are you?

Also kind of depends on your badge layout. But if you have done the pit of 100 trials before the final area, normal enemies should be a breeze. They are all ones found in later floors. Otherwise, if your partners are all powered up they should shred. As the enemies are fairly tailored to make you sweep with each partner depending on matchup.

Area also has five boss battles so beware of that. Maybe take a life shroom or two. But some general healing items will be fine and if you have badges for FP and heart recovery, that greatly lowers your need for healing items.

Final boss is also pretty tricky to dodge attacks for, so you may want those life shrooms or healing for that.

Other than that, if you’ve had no issues with fights before now, it should be easy enough.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What level are you?

Also kind of depends on your badge layout. But if you have done the pit of 100 trials before the final area, normal enemies should be a breeze. They are all ones found in later floors. Otherwise, if your partners are all powered up they should shred. As the enemies are fairly tailored to make you sweep with each partner depending on matchup.

Area also has five boss battles so beware of that. Maybe take a life shroom or two. But some general healing items will be fine and if you have badges for FP and heart recovery, that greatly lowers your need for healing items.

Final boss is also pretty tricky to dodge attacks for, so you may want those life shrooms or healing for that.

Other than that, if you’ve had no issues with fights before now, it should be easy enough.
22. With Ultra Rank partners.

I was thinking about hitting the Pit to grind a little before the final boss. Probably not gonna beat it, but if I get that far that’d be rad.

I haven’t had too much trouble with any of the bosses so far, but I like to be prepared.

Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I found another one of those "who gets the aux" things on the internet. This one's for How to Train Your Dragon (which I know SOME of you like wink wink)
1718053827827.png

Snoutlout's got bangers so I'm going him. Though the Twins listening to Limp Bizkit is disturbingly accurate

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
22. With Ultra Rank partners.

I was thinking about hitting the Pit to grind a little before the final boss. Probably not gonna beat it, but if I get that far that’d be rad.

I haven’t had too much trouble with any of the bosses so far, but I like to be prepared.
Definitely might be a little low level wise, but there’s a lot of exp your get. So you probably finish around 25-27. Which is definitely solid for the last stretch of the game. Ultra partners will pop off in most fights if you use their FP moves. So just make sure you have that covered.

If you do the pit you should fall into the same level range. I started the pit at level 25 and came out of it at level 29 for example.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think instead of getting Sonic Superstars I'll just go back and complete Sonic Mania once I'm done with Frontiers

Is there a trick to the special stages? Cause I could not beat those for the life of me

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Okay so I think Puppy Dog Pals is my favorite show. Like, period.

I can't say it's objectively better than shows like Bluey or Bojack Horseman or Avatar or Breaking Bad, but this show has made me laugh out loud so much while also warming my ol' heart of stone.

It really does feel like a canine version of Phineas and Ferb. It's fast-paced, self-aware, loaded with clever references, it's fun, it's funny, the characters are cute as all get out and love each other deeply like a wacky family, it's everything I love in TV!

It also gives such warm fuzzies. Very few characters are actually straight-up mean, and there's even some character development to go around (Cupcake truly surprised me, she started out like a normal mean girl but she really changed in a great way). In fact, the heck was this doing on Disney Junior? This should've been on the Disney Channel proper. Maybe then it'd get more love, and it should, cuz this is absolutely one of Disney's very best.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think instead of getting Sonic Superstars I'll just go back and complete Sonic Mania once I'm done with Frontiers

Is there a trick to the special stages? Cause I could not beat those for the life of me
Try your best to avoid going Mach 3 if you're unfamiliar with the layout of the Special Stage and don't be afraid to cut corners and go off road for shortcuts. Besides that, it really just boils down to memorizing the path that the UFO takes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my brain randomly told me that WBD’s debt is bigger than Ridley and idk why

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My dad started watching WandaVision for the first time, a show I’ve already seen, and just those first two episodes are freaking me out because I know what’s going on.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Okaaaaay, so I know the people of this thread likely has a decent amount of bad will against me (I personally don't, ya'll are cool people in my eyes and better than other kinds of persons I've met on the internet) due to... That one event.

But I'm not gonna talk about that event, rather I wanna share with ya'll something I shared on a profile post a few minutes ago. Something which is kinda worrying me about the upcoming long-awaited release of the 3D Brawler game Dragon Ball:Budokai Tenkaichi 4. Mostly because I am aware there are a good number of fighting game fanatics here.

Gonna put It all under a spoiler tag because I don't wanna flood the chat:
Before getting to the point: I respect MaximiliamDood and Matt McMuscles as persons. They have done so much good for the fighting game community online and usually love their stances on fighting games and media. Also, I understand cultural differences and how they can affect the way one views specific media compared to the rest of the world (specially the USA which got into anime and other japanese media waaaaaay later than the rest of the world).

... With that said, I feel weirded out by the way he has been treating Budokai Tenkaichi 4 as this "other 3D fighting game" and straight up acting as if It was almost anime shovelware whenever It appears at events. Comparing the Budokai franchise to straight up bad Bandai Namco games from recent times such as the JJK game or Jump Force.
Now, I get that people have preferences and that he's more of a 2D fighter person... But you are showing your reaction to what IS the most awaited game by all of LATAM and Spain combined besides GTA VI. If you don't care that much about It at least say so while admitting that the game does still have a huge cult following... Instead of the way he just casually ignored the whole trailer from Summer Game Fest while talking about an announcement from way earlier in the show.

The worst part is that It isn't him only. Even Matt McMuscles did the exact same thing. The two of them are seen as these big icons of the online fighting game community... And they are outright rejecting one of the most awaited fighting games ever. Heck, even on the comments section of Maximiliam's YouTube upload of his SGF reaction there are people commenting about how weirded out they also were about Maximiliam not being as excited as they had hoped, to which they get replies such as "Dragon Ball fans are on high copium" or "of course he isn't excited. It's literally like the other Dragon Ball games we have constantly gotten" (which isn't true).

My main concern with all of this is the fear of finding ourselves in the same scenario as the recently released Alex Kidd Remake: a highly praised game in the news outlets from countries where the character was popular... While people in the USA were bashing It for "not being Sonic" and "being too hard", which led to the game getting really divisive general score numbers.

And the thing is, Budokai Tenkaichi isn't just "another anime brawler"... It was THE best 3D Brawler franchise and is considered one of the best Dragon Ball videogames ever. Everyone in Spain and LATAM had at least one of the PS2 games at their houses, everyone loved to do their fan favourite battles of their dreams and also the silly ones, the attention to detail and references was scarily on point (specially in the 3rd game), and It was the closest thing ever to actually playing real Dragon Ball battles we see in the show and manga.

So yeah, tl;dr: I fear MaximiliamDood and MattMcMuscles+the whole cultural barriers between the USA and the rest of the world may make the release of Budokai Tenkaichi 4/Sparking Zero more awkward than It seriously needs to be. The release of this game right now in spanish speaking communities is almost on the same levels of hype and excitement as GTA VI. I only pray that people get to understand so and don't ruin this long-awaited moment by both the Dragon Ball fandom and the spanish-speaking side of the internet by being weird about It due to lack of context.

Wanna apologize to those who have made It to this point if I ever came off as toxic during this long text. I insist that I respect MaximiliamDood and Matt McMuscles as people because they genuiely have done more good than harm to the internet. I just want ya'll to understand that I wish they could be as empathic as they usually are with the Dragon Ball gaming community.
That's all, just my two cents on that topic. Gonna tag some fighting game enthusiasts from the thread to hear their thoughts as well on this worry.
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi (he liked Pokkén I think so he may count) osby osby (I guess he played Persona 4 Arena) dezeray112 dezeray112 Megadoomer Megadoomer

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okaaaaay, so I know the people of this thread likely has a decent amount of bad will against me (I personally don't, ya'll are cool people in my eyes and better than other kinds of persons I've met on the internet) due to... That one event.

But I'm not gonna talk about that event, rather I wanna share with ya'll something I shared on a profile post a few minutes ago. Something which is kinda worrying me about the upcoming long-awaited release of the 3D Brawler game Dragon Ball:Budokai Tenkaichi 4. Mostly because I am aware there are a good number of fighting game fanatics here.

Before getting to the point: I respect MaximiliamDood and Matt McMuscles as persons. They have done so much good for the fighting game community online and usually love their stances on fighting games and media. Also, I understand cultural differences and how they can affect the way one views specific media compared to the rest of the world (specially the USA which got into anime and other japanese media waaaaaay later than the rest of the world).

... With that said, I feel weirded out by the way he has been treating Budokai Tenkaichi 4 as this "other 3D fighting game" and straight up acting as if It was almost anime shovelware whenever It appears at events. Comparing the Budokai franchise to straight up bad Bandai Namco games from recent times such as the JJK game or Jump Force.
Now, I get that people have preferences and that he's more of a 2D fighter person... But you are showing your reaction to what IS the most awaited game by all of LATAM and Spain combined besides GTA VI. If you don't care that much about It at least say so while admitting that the game does still have a huge cult following... Instead of the way he just casually ignored the whole trailer from Summer Game Fest while talking about an announcement from way earlier in the show.

The worst part is that It isn't him only. Even Matt McMuscles did the exact same thing. The two of them are seen as these big icons of the online fighting game community... And they are outright rejecting one of the most awaited fighting games ever. Heck, even on the comments section of Maximiliam's YouTube upload of his SGF reaction there are people commenting about how weirded out they also were about Maximiliam not being as excited as they had hoped, to which they get replies such as "Dragon Ball fans are on high copium" or "of course he isn't excited. It's literally like the other Dragon Ball games we have constantly gotten" (which isn't true).

My main concern with all of this is the fear of finding ourselves in the same scenario as the recently released Alex Kidd Remake: a highly praised game in the news outlets from countries where the character was popular... While people in the USA were bashing It for "not being Sonic" and "being too hard", which led to the game getting really divisive general score numbers.

And the thing is, Budokai Tenkaichi isn't just "another anime brawler"... It was THE best 3D Brawler franchise and is considered one of the best Dragon Ball videogames ever. Everyone in Spain and LATAM had at least one of the PS2 games at their houses, everyone loved to do their fan favourite battles of their dreams and also the silly ones, the attention to detail and references was scarily on point (specially in the 3rd game), and It was the closest thing ever to actually playing real Dragon Ball battles we see in the show and manga.

So yeah, tl;dr: I fear MaximiliamDood and MattMcMuscles+the whole cultural barriers between the USA and the rest of the world may make the release of Budokai Tenkaichi 4/Sparking Zero more awkward than It seriously needs to be. The release of this game right now in spanish speaking communities is almost on the same levels of hype and excitement as GTA VI. I only pray that people get to understand so and don't ruin this long-awaited moment by both the Dragon Ball fandom and the spanish-speaking side of the internet by being weird about It due to lack of context.

Wanna apologize to those who have made It to this point if I ever came off as toxic during this long text. I insist that I respect MaximiliamDood and Matt McMuscles as people because they genuiely have done more good than harm to the internet. I just want ya'll to understand that I wish they could be as empathic as they usually are with the Dragon Ball gaming community.
That's all, just my two cents on that topic. Gonna tag some fighting game enthusiasts from the thread to hear their thoughts as well on this worry.
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi (he liked Pokkén I think so he may count) osby osby (I guess he played Persona 4 Arena) dezeray112 dezeray112 Megadoomer Megadoomer
I mean… A: they don’t have to cover every game as enthusiastically as each other. There’s no law of equity.
B: Arena fighters like the budokai games don’t exactly have the best reputation. A lot of them are really bad. And especially after something like FighterZ happened, I can’t blame them for not being excited for another arena fighter.

I understand worrying that a game will fail just because people never even played it because it wasn’t what they wanted. But like… max and Matt’s jobs are to make videos sharing their opinions and experiences with fighting games. Not to say your opinions in a video and give you validation.

Also I am a fighting game people

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

I think you're way overanalyzing this.

I didn't watch Matt's reaction but the reason Max mostly ignored the Dragon Ball trailer is because Terry and Mai from KoF (also popular in LATAM) got announced as characters in Street Fighter not even 3 minutes before.

That's absolutely monumental in the fighting game space because SF has never had guest characters before.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

Wait, what event? I probably wasn't around when it happened. I was actually wondering where you'd gone

Top Bottom