• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alt colors for my recent Black Panther drawing. Since there's times he's shading in gray or in blue or in purple, I wanted to do all 3, so here's the other 2 I hadn't gotten to showing off yet!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is my main gripe tbh.

We've barely got enough Street Fighters in our Street Fighter game and they're already dedicating half of the second season to guest characters that aren't even from different series.

This is also the first time in a long time that Street Fighter's looked great and played great and I feel like an opportunity's being squandered not really exploring how characters from beyond SF2 would look and play.
Yeah, I get ya. I don't mind guests in most games, so long as they fit decently enough. There's plenty of characters that could get a glow-up, as well as some brand new fighters if they keep up their momentum from what was made so far.

Remember when Capcom conducted their own "Super Election" poll a while back, here are the results:

Darkstalkers 5th overall within the "Are there any Capcom game series (including spinoff games)that you would like to see get a sequel or new game?" category.
In Japan, the 2nd most requested was Mega Man, being neck and neck with Monster Hunter. Shows there's still an audience for smaller scale games I think.

In general, Mega Man and Devil May Cry were pretty high on these lists, which has me happy, shows I'm not crazy in wanting more from the #4 and #5 series at Capcom.

Also Dante and Mega Man X being in the top 3 for the character polls shows that they are indeed PEAK FICTION! REAL PROTAGONISTS!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One of my main wants for a direct would be Paper Mario Legends mode or something like that. A suped up hard mode of Thousand year door, maybe with some new bosses/content as there are still some unused things from the original game.

That and its weird how enemies have the mechanics to and can hold badges, but they don’t do much with them. A few like implementing that could change the game so much and make for a really fun replay through

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
non-sequitor but not me talking to planned parenthood of anything seeing if the local branch in a town an hour away offers hrt appointments-
Congrats!

I've been planning on trying to get on it for the better part of a year, but I haven't gotten around to it. I'd have to come out to my parents and I really don't want to have to do that (they aren't transphobic, they're just... annoying)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nami girl stop punching poor Luffy unless he deserves it

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Congrats!

I've been planning on trying to get on it for the better part of a year, but I haven't gotten around to it. I'd have to come out to my parents and I really don't want to have to do that (they aren't transphobic, they're just... annoying)
I've told my parents + sent them a picture of me in a dress but they're still in the "i don't get it" phase

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Congrats!

I feel that.

I started HRT without telling my parents. It's gonna be such a shock to them when I come out to them...but honestly that's their problem.
View attachment 390911

A closer look at several of the upcoming Kalos Sitting Cuties
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokeplush/s/ZzLfA5JVWT
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokeplush/s/ojUIH9YfMZ

Noivern’s face is looking a tiny bit smushed, but goddamnit this is the best I’m gonna get and it still looks good!
Can't wait for Silvally and Type: Null to finally get official plushies when they finally get around to the next generation. Their lack of merch was such a crime.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Skydance/Paramount deal has been rejected.

Also, the upcoming live action Power Rangers show at Netflix is no longer moving forward with Netflix.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I deleted all of my Sonic Mania saves cause they were too overwhelming for me, gonna start the game all over again

So far I made it to the sixth zone with Sonic & Tails and I have all 7 chaos emeralds. Probably gonna do the rest of the characters after I'm done with Frontiers

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I deleted all of my Sonic Mania saves cause they were too overwhelming for me, gonna start the game all over again

So far I made it to the sixth zone with Sonic & Tails and I have all 7 chaos emeralds. Probably gonna do the rest of the characters after I'm done with Frontiers
Oh but wait, the Mania fun doesn't end there, it's actually a prequel to Sonic Forces.

So you gotta play Sonic Forces too. Thems the rules.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
winning splatoon team gets tag background in splatoon 3

everyone cheers

turns out probably all of the team mates in that team ar racists

LMAO what a u turn
disappointed but not surprised

if it isn't happening already I'm assuming a deep rooted conversation happening between the safety council, the TO guild, and sendou rn, I'd be surprised if they don't take the nuclear option

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic Forces is not as bad as people act like it is.
It’s not an actively terrible game or anything. But the gameplay is shallow, the story is an absolute mess, and the whole game just reeks of desperation.

They threw in a million things that they thought the fanbase would like, like Classic Sonic and the Wisps and a “darker” story with little knowledge or care as to why the audience liked those elements, so they were all implemented poorly.

And the only reason they were so desperate to get back some good will is because they somehow managed to **** up the franchise again after Lost World and 3 years of Sonic Boom, even though Sonic was in a very good position after Generations and all they had to do was keep doing that.

Sonic Team confounds me :239:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s not an actively terrible game or anything. But the gameplay is shallow, the story is an absolute mess, and the whole game just reeks of desperation.

They threw in a million things that they thought the fanbase would like, like Classic Sonic and the Wisps and a “darker” story with little knowledge or care as to why the audience liked those elements, so they were all implemented poorly.

And the only reason they were so desperate to get back some good will is because they somehow managed to **** up the franchise again after Lost World and 3 years of Sonic Boom, even though Sonic was in a very good position after Generations and all they had to do was keep doing that.

Sonic Team confounds me :239:
the 3 years of Boom shall be forgiven simply because
1. The show is peak
2. One of Roger’s best work as Sonic
3. Amy with the character improvement that grew to be implemented into the mainline life
4. Feminist Knuckles

Noipoi

Howdy!
the 3 years of Boom shall be forgiven simply because
1. The show is peak
2. One of Roger’s best work as Sonic
3. Amy with the character improvement that grew to be implemented into the mainline life
4. Feminist Knuckles
Oh don’t get me wrong, the show was good.

But the games were ass, and the main Sonic series was MIA during this time so they were all we had.

Top Bottom