• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Wait, what event? I probably wasn't around when it happened. I was actually wondering where you'd gone
^This

I wasn't aware anything went down.
It's better to just move on and forget about It honestly.

I did dumb stuff that day, the other person I involved also did dumb stuff... It will likely never get solved so we'll just go on with our lifes and not repeat any of that again.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It's better to just move on and forget about It honestly.

I did dumb stuff that day, the other person I involved also did dumb stuff... It will likely never get solved so we'll just go on with our lifes and not repeat any of that again.
Well, I agree.

It's important to move forward from the past and use what we learned from past incidents to become better people in the future.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Well, I agree.

It's important to move forward from the past and use what we learned from past incidents to become better people in the future.
Exactly!
And in my case, I also need to work out on my self steem and focus more on my well being and mental comfort rather than trying to become something I am not to please everyone else.

Because there are times when I care too much about the words of people whose faces I haven't even seen.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Age of mythology getting a remake is ****ing sick

That was my favorite stupid pc game as a kid
I only new how to be Greek and my main strategy was to make an ocean of hoplites

but dammit brosidens bros will rise again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The crystal stars in the finale of Paper Mario:
IMG_0747.jpeg

“Attention Epic Gamers, Mario needs your help to defeat the shadow queen.

To do this he’s going to need to channel your energy through us.

But he’s also going to need your credit card, the numbers on the back, the 3 digit Secruity code, and the expiration date.

Hurry so that Mario can defeat the shadow queen, save the princess and the world”

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Poor Solgaleo. Its typing is weak to a lot of common threats in Regulation G, and its attack stat while impressive at 137, is still pretty weak for a restricted pokemon.

But worst of all its outclassed by Duskmane Necrozma, who has a better stat spread and an ability that helps it overcome its weaknesses. The main thing Solgaleo has over Necrozma is Fully Metal Body which blocks stat drops, but even that can easily be replaced with a clear amulet now. I want to use Solgaleo because I love that pokemon - but you're telling me the only viable way to use it is by attaching a space parasite to it? That just feels cruel.

I did make a cute team around Solgaleo that tried to take advantage of its somewhat higher speed so that it can operate under both Tailwind and Trick Room and while it was fun on low ladder I just ended up using Trick Room mode 99% of games and so Dusk Mane would probably still have been better.

Honestly between Mewtwo, Lugia, and Solgaleo...so many cool psychic types are just underwhelming or outclassed. #JusticeForNebby

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think instead of getting Sonic Superstars I'll just go back and complete Sonic Mania once I'm done with Frontiers

Is there a trick to the special stages? Cause I could not beat those for the life of me
If you wanna make a sharper turn you can jump, jumping more than once can kill a lot of speed though, Mach 2 is perfectly fine to nab the emeralds and it's best to focus on rings if you reach mach 2 unless you're confident in controlling mach 3, which requires using sharper turns.

Also you can beat the main game without all emeralds, it respawns all special rings so you can just grind the one you'll always find in Green Hill 1 if you want, just replay the final boss when you get all emeralds for the other boss

osby

Smash Obsessed
Funny how Twitter could be the best social media ever if it just had an option to automatically block blue checkmarks.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okaaaaay, so I know the people of this thread likely has a decent amount of bad will against me (I personally don't, ya'll are cool people in my eyes and better than other kinds of persons I've met on the internet) due to... That one event.

But I'm not gonna talk about that event, rather I wanna share with ya'll something I shared on a profile post a few minutes ago. Something which is kinda worrying me about the upcoming long-awaited release of the 3D Brawler game Dragon Ball:Budokai Tenkaichi 4. Mostly because I am aware there are a good number of fighting game fanatics here.

Gonna put It all under a spoiler tag because I don't wanna flood the chat:
Before getting to the point: I respect MaximiliamDood and Matt McMuscles as persons. They have done so much good for the fighting game community online and usually love their stances on fighting games and media. Also, I understand cultural differences and how they can affect the way one views specific media compared to the rest of the world (specially the USA which got into anime and other japanese media waaaaaay later than the rest of the world).

... With that said, I feel weirded out by the way he has been treating Budokai Tenkaichi 4 as this "other 3D fighting game" and straight up acting as if It was almost anime shovelware whenever It appears at events. Comparing the Budokai franchise to straight up bad Bandai Namco games from recent times such as the JJK game or Jump Force.
Now, I get that people have preferences and that he's more of a 2D fighter person... But you are showing your reaction to what IS the most awaited game by all of LATAM and Spain combined besides GTA VI. If you don't care that much about It at least say so while admitting that the game does still have a huge cult following... Instead of the way he just casually ignored the whole trailer from Summer Game Fest while talking about an announcement from way earlier in the show.

The worst part is that It isn't him only. Even Matt McMuscles did the exact same thing. The two of them are seen as these big icons of the online fighting game community... And they are outright rejecting one of the most awaited fighting games ever. Heck, even on the comments section of Maximiliam's YouTube upload of his SGF reaction there are people commenting about how weirded out they also were about Maximiliam not being as excited as they had hoped, to which they get replies such as "Dragon Ball fans are on high copium" or "of course he isn't excited. It's literally like the other Dragon Ball games we have constantly gotten" (which isn't true).

My main concern with all of this is the fear of finding ourselves in the same scenario as the recently released Alex Kidd Remake: a highly praised game in the news outlets from countries where the character was popular... While people in the USA were bashing It for "not being Sonic" and "being too hard", which led to the game getting really divisive general score numbers.

And the thing is, Budokai Tenkaichi isn't just "another anime brawler"... It was THE best 3D Brawler franchise and is considered one of the best Dragon Ball videogames ever. Everyone in Spain and LATAM had at least one of the PS2 games at their houses, everyone loved to do their fan favourite battles of their dreams and also the silly ones, the attention to detail and references was scarily on point (specially in the 3rd game), and It was the closest thing ever to actually playing real Dragon Ball battles we see in the show and manga.

So yeah, tl;dr: I fear MaximiliamDood and MattMcMuscles+the whole cultural barriers between the USA and the rest of the world may make the release of Budokai Tenkaichi 4/Sparking Zero more awkward than It seriously needs to be. The release of this game right now in spanish speaking communities is almost on the same levels of hype and excitement as GTA VI. I only pray that people get to understand so and don't ruin this long-awaited moment by both the Dragon Ball fandom and the spanish-speaking side of the internet by being weird about It due to lack of context.

Wanna apologize to those who have made It to this point if I ever came off as toxic during this long text. I insist that I respect MaximiliamDood and Matt McMuscles as people because they genuiely have done more good than harm to the internet. I just want ya'll to understand that I wish they could be as empathic as they usually are with the Dragon Ball gaming community.
That's all, just my two cents on that topic. Gonna tag some fighting game enthusiasts from the thread to hear their thoughts as well on this worry.
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi (he liked Pokkén I think so he may count) osby osby (I guess he played Persona 4 Arena) dezeray112 dezeray112 @Megadoomer
Missed this because Sonic brain but I can assure you that the 'bad will' is paranoia, nobody's out to get you

It's also completely ok for people to not be interested in games you like, it shouldn't take away your enjoyment, especially as I personally have seen next to nothing but absolute joy about Sparking Zero. If people don't want to understand that those games have actual substance and isn't a cash grab arena fighter, then you know they don't know what they're talking about

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think you're way overanalyzing this.

I didn't watch Matt's reaction but the reason Max mostly ignored the Dragon Ball trailer is because Terry and Mai from KoF (also popular in LATAM) got announced as characters in Street Fighter not even 3 minutes before.

That's absolutely monumental in the fighting game space because SF has never had guest characters before.
It is monumental indeed for the Street Fighter franchise as this is the first time (other than Final Fight and Rival Schools) that they included guest characters outside of their property.

I know that there are arguments for and against guest characters, but I grew accustomed to them within the fighting game genre for quite a while.

If Street Fighter 6 were to include other guest characters, who would you want them to be?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It is monumental indeed for the Street Fighter franchise as this is the first time (other than Final Fight and Rival Schools) that they included guest characters outside of their property.

I know that there are arguments for and against guest characters, but I grew accustomed to them within the fighting game genre for quite a while.

If Street Fighter 6 were to include other guest characters, who would you want them to be?
I know I'm not the person you quoted, but I might as well throw my two cents in for the time being.

A T-Rated Sub-Zero. Injustice 2 managed that. I think seeing a Japanese company tackle an MK character could be really neat. Since they take their animation more seriously, I'd be down to see Kuai Liang go crazy with his established fighting styles(Shotokan Karate and Dragon Style) If they bring in mechanics from MK, they'd have a LOT more strings compared to SF characters, so Sub having a lot of target combos would make sense, IMO. Maybe he can have a run as a move too, in place of MK3/Trilogy/4/X having the run button. We know how SF handles Ice users with Kolin and Gill. Obviously, this can still apply to Scorpion as well.

I still think SF6 needs more overall Street Fighters in it though, namely from 3 and maybe Alpha eras. We got most of the SF2 guys, and most of the new characters have been well received. I guess it just kind of sucks both SF and Tekken are only doing 4 per year, since I think some of the negative reception would've been handled better if it were even 5 new characters instead of 4.

My first thought WAS Tekken, but since SFxTK exists, I'm not exactly AS hungry to see them in that style again. But also, Jin's my OG main in games as a whole, so I wouldn't mind him coming back either.

For the Sparking Zero stuff, I don't play a ton of Arena fighters, but I know that the DBZ ones got some extra depth that most of the others don't. I mostly gas up DBZ Budokai, and how those games have some legit depth while being approachable. I do think FGC people do lump them in all together and notice the quality gap between them.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who didn't want guests in SF and if I had to choose it would have been Terry.

If we get more guest characters?

I'd probably go with a Tekken character, specifically King (Although let's be honest, it'd be one of the Mishimas).

I want it to be someone who at least doesn't feel out of place in Street Fighter.
I'd be pretty upset if we get a Negan in Tekken situation where they just picked some random character from a TV show the director happened to like.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My cat gave me both a heart attack and a scavenger hunt all in one. Knocked over my drugs and I had to make sure they were all found.

He didn't eat any fortunately, but that was a real **** move, Goji.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And there we go.

We're getting more Pikmin 4 stuff so that's cool.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
And there we go.

We're getting more Pikmin 4 stuff so that's cool.
Dudes

Imagine how ****ing sick it would be if they made a Pikmin type that glows

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I still think SF6 needs more overall Street Fighters in it though, namely from 3 and maybe Alpha eras. We got most of the SF2 guys, and most of the new characters have been well received. I guess it just kind of sucks both SF and Tekken are only doing 4 per year, since I think some of the negative reception would've been handled better if it were even 5 new characters instead of 4.
This is my main gripe tbh.

We've barely got enough Street Fighters in our Street Fighter game and they're already dedicating half of the second season to guest characters that aren't even from different series.

This is also the first time in a long time that Street Fighter's looked great and played great and I feel like an opportunity's being squandered not really exploring how characters from beyond SF2 would look and play.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Wait, what event? I probably wasn't around when it happened. I was actually wondering where you'd gone
sounds like the classic "anxiety attack blowing things out of porportian mentally until its unbearable" adhd brain shenagins that I used to do in my ****ty asshole teen years here

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A trailer for Among Us was uploaded but removed.

The content in question had a June 18th release date, likely to shadowdrop after a Nintendo Direct

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Ay congrats!

I still have bo clue what I am but I hope your transition goes well
main problem rn is still financial and my fear of needles but some of my transfem friends who are already on hrt have told me the appointments are the most expensive part then the actual medicine is like, $15 tops, so I'm pretty hopeful, I don't want to rush into it if I can help it since my income is below the poverty line and starting a substance that basically makes me addicted to it wouldn't help if I have to go into debt for it but we'll see - anything to be a girl, aye?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
main problem rn is still financial and my fear of needles but some of my transfem friends who are already on hrt have told me the appointments are the most expensive part then the actual medicine is like, $15 tops, so I'm pretty hopeful, I don't want to rush into it if I can help it since my income is below the poverty line and starting a substance that basically makes me addicted to it wouldn't help if I have to go into debt for it but we'll see - anything to be a girl, aye?
Some places offer sliding scale pricing. I believe Planned Parenthood does this, so if you have on that offers transgender services nearby it might be worth inquiring when you feel ready.

Btw I wouldn't really call it an addictive substance. I've missed a few doses with no ill effects. I think losing access would probably be more of a blow to my moral then something that sends me into chemical withdrawal...but of course with all that said no rush, hrt is still a personal choice and you don't have to start it if you don't feel ready for it.

Edit: Ah I saw that you were already inquiring about Planned Parenthood. I shoulda read the whole page. But definitely still ask them about sliding scale prices.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Remember when Capcom conducted their own "Super Election" poll a while back, here are the results:

Darkstalkers 5th overall within the "Are there any Capcom game series (including spinoff games)that you would like to see get a sequel or new game?" category.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They're announcing the Pikmin no more permadeath DLC
You joke but this alone would actually substantially improve the game.

I actually really like Pikmin 4 the permadeath of surface enemies was just a really bad decision with the format and gameplay the series has..

Top Bottom