• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
God I love the Puppy Dog Pals episodes that focus on Bob's job and workplace. They scratch my brain in a similar way to the Imagination Movers Warehouse. The place looks so fun and the transport tubes remind me of Odd Squad!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
disappointed but not surprised

if it isn't happening already I'm assuming a deep rooted conversation happening between the safety council, the TO guild, and sendou rn, I'd be surprised if they don't take the nuclear option
I would love to see nintendo go "ah, you know what, we have a new version of that banner"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s not an actively terrible game or anything. But the gameplay is shallow, the story is an absolute mess, and the whole game just reeks of desperation.

They threw in a million things that they thought the fanbase would like, like Classic Sonic and the Wisps and a “darker” story with little knowledge or care as to why the audience liked those elements, so they were all implemented poorly.

And the only reason they were so desperate to get back some good will is because they somehow managed to **** up the franchise again after Lost World and 3 years of Sonic Boom, even though Sonic was in a very good position after Generations and all they had to do was keep doing that.

Sonic Team confounds me :239:
And then after that they decided to **** ip the franchise even more, except everyone liked it this time.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I feel that.

I started HRT without telling my parents. It's gonna be such a shock to them when I come out to them...but honestly that's their problem.
Unfortunately that's not really an option for a few reasons.
  • I'm still on my parent's insurance
  • I don't have a driver's license (and I'm in a rural area so walking or biking to an informed consent clinic is unfeasible)
  • I'm on other medication, and my mom is the one that goes and gets it from the pharmacy. Not sure how to justify going there by myself.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I told ny parents that I might be trans pretty early into my gender questioning journey, just to rip off the band-aid. Fortunately they were accepting so that's good.

Unfortunately I still haven't figured out whether or not I want to transition

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Ya'll, since this was a sensitive topic I was thinking about sharing this with my most trusted persons of the site on PMs. But you know what? These news are so great that I'll just post them here under a CW and spoilers:
THEY FINALLY KICKED THE GIRL WHO SEXUALLY HARASSED ME ON MY FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE OUT OF THE CLASS GROUP I WAS WITH HER IN!
It may have took 4 years, and I may not be in the class anymore, but these news make me so happy because I feel some sort of justice has finally been served on my side.

Looks like she was being very problematic with other classmates as well and they had enough.

So yeah, I have so much joy right now that It isn't normal. I'm gonna celebrate this so much tomorrow.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I told ny parents that I might be trans pretty early into my gender questioning journey, just to rip off the band-aid. Fortunately they were accepting so that's good.

Unfortunately I still haven't figured out whether or not I want to transition
it probably helps like ALL of my siblings are lgbtq to some degree, its pretty hilarious

my hyper religious parents have mellowed out a lot over the years too

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My direct prediction is the Nintendo Switch will not have games.

After its behavior on the Jimmy Fallon show, it will be replaced by the new and shiny switch 2, which will get all the games.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hey guys.

I don't know if anyone here plays Hypixel or any Minecraft Bedrock servers, but if you ever see "TheCJBrine" in Minecraft Java/Bedrock or in any game on Xbox, it's not me anymore.

Explanation:
I fell for a Discord verification scam which cost me my Microsoft account, using one of those "single use" codes; someone on Hypixel sent me a friend request and made me think we would voice chat on a Discord server, only for it to seemingly not let me do anything until I verified my account. I forgot you could do a Discord call instead + I already heard of Discord verification scams before, I don't know why I didn't register anything wrong or remember anything I had known until after the fact :S

My brother and I got in contact with Microsoft, but they apparently can't do anything, not even close the account. The account's email/alias was changed, so it just tells me it doesn't exist if I try to login with the original email. 2FA was set up on it too, I guess I either didn't do it previously despite it being recommended by people (and me kinda feeling like I tried it) or the hacker was able to bypass it and change it completely; either way, the hacker controls it now and the 2FA is why Microsoft won't close it.

I've had Minecraft for 13 years and made some good memories on that account, got a lot of stuff/progress on Hypixel and, in recent years, got some cool official Minecraft capes (including the 15th Anniversary cape I love), so it really sucks. I also had Cuphead and A Hat in Time on it, not sure if I had anything else besides some Minecraft Bedrock marketplace stuff.

Don't worry though, it isn't too bad. It sucks extremely, but, it could've been worse, and at least I'll be smarter from now on. I guess I'll have to start a new leaf on a new Microsoft account (and eventually get back Cuphead and A Hat in Time but on Steam this time). It just is what it is I guess.

Whenever I get a new account with Minecraft on it, I'll let y'all know.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

So apparently, if this has not been posted yet, an Nintendo maintenance is happening on the 17th. Plus, the Nintendo American site is under maintenance as of now. Would we get an announcement for the Direct then and the Direct the following day?
Well, earlier today GameSpot messed up and they accidentally leaked something with a June 18 date.

So it's completely believable.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Started Mario RPG.

With this, the last Mario RPG I have yet to play is Color Splash. I have yet to beat Partners in Time as well.
A reminder that your bros attacks are items in Partners in Time. So, make sure to stock up when possible along with healing items.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So slight gripe so far, the dialouge makes no noises whatsoever, and it throws me off cause I'm used to some kind of feedback. Especially in the HQ cutscenes where the models flap their gums but no noise comes out at all. You know, the Pokemon issue

Also, I can't get the timing of Mario's punch down.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Started Mario RPG.

With this, the last Mario RPG I have yet to play is Color Splash. I have yet to beat Partners in Time as well.
Low key both are mid, even though I like aspects of both of them.

Replayed the first 3 Mario and Luigi games and partners in time held up the weakest imo. Story just feels like it’s going from point a to b and is super slow. Weakest final boss imo of the 3 as well. Which is a shame because the babies and time travel aspect are really great concepts that could have been used on a way bigger scale.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just watched Max Dood’s video about the MvCI mod he’s developing. And man… it frustrates me.

Like I don’t like the new art style. I don’t like how he’s just arbitrarily switching out characters voices he “doesn’t like”. And I worry that, if it ever gets to the point where they can add new characters like they can in UMvC3, that it’s just going to be the same flood of x-men characters and irrelevant stuff from the 90s.

I loved MvCI when it was out and the game’s life was tragically cut short because people didn’t like the graphics and were mad about it not having the X-Men. I want the game to have a second chance. But I don’t want it to become homogeneous with the other MvC games which I think had a lot of bad creative decisions, just because people are nostalgic for them.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Remember when Capcom conducted their own "Super Election" poll a while back, here are the results:

Darkstalkers 5th overall within the "Are there any Capcom game series (including spinoff games)that you would like to see get a sequel or new game?" category.
Seeing Breath of Fire (and Breath of Fire 3) break Top 10 in this brings me joy.

Shroob

Sup?
Just watched Max Dood’s video about the MvCI mod he’s developing. And man… it frustrates me.

Like I don’t like the new art style. I don’t like how he’s just arbitrarily switching out characters voices he “doesn’t like”. And I worry that, if it ever gets to the point where they can add new characters like they can in UMvC3, that it’s just going to be the same flood of x-men characters and irrelevant stuff from the 90s.

I loved MvCI when it was out and the game’s life was tragically cut short because people didn’t like the graphics and were mad about it not having the X-Men. I want the game to have a second chance. But I don’t want it to become homogeneous with the other MvC games which I think had a lot of bad creative decisions, just because people are nostalgic for them.
I mean, it's his mod.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Well when you make a mod you can put all the stuff you like in it

Edit: ****ing mushroom man ninja’d me

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wow you really don't like anything unless nobody likes it huh?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If that commercial that awkwardly edits footage from Deadpool and Wolverine into a Heineken add isn’t in the movie shot for shot, including the part where they try to sell you Heinekens, then they’ve missed out on one of the best joke possibilities ever handed to anyone on a silver plater.

Top Bottom