• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The next Call of Duty game is over 300 GB in size.

Stuff like this shouldn't be allowed.
Fun fact: They force you to always be online to play it, even for the single player campaign, because they want to stream data to you while you play it so it saves on hard drive space.

Which makes me wonder just how big the game would be if they hadn't done that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I know Call of Duty is popular, but WHO would want to buy a game that would take up so much space on their system’s hard drive? I mean, it is quite too much if you ask me.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
For some reason I started thinking about my dog who passed like two years ago and crying about it. I blame that Shnuggle Bunny song that got posted here yesterday.
Oh uh...you mean that video I posted?...uh...

LOOK A MOOSE! hides

(In all seriousness, I am very sorry I accidentally ended up bringing those feelings back...truly, I am.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh uh...you mean that video I posted?...uh...

LOOK A MOOSE! hides

(In all seriousness, I am very sorry I accidentally ended up bringing those feelings back...truly, I am.)
It's no problem. I really have no idea why that video made me think of my dog, i mean accept for how much I loved him. But it's not like you could have known.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It's honestly crazy how Wild Kratts does so well at making its villains the most punchable jerks ever put to paper.

Especially you Zach, you pile of human garbage. There's a whole episode where the Kratts come to understand that he's an irredeemable monster.

Even though I think Wild Kratts is the best PBS Kids show airing right now (and may well have a reputation for being one of the all-time best PBS Kids shows in the future, along with Mister Rogers and Sesame Street), I think one thing that it's not quite on top of is villain writing. The villains in WK are well-written to make you HATE them, but not much beyond that. I think Wordgirl shines the brightest in that department.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

From what I read, the 300GB is because it's part of the "all new games in one place" app.

So that's three games... but the 2020 game takes up over 200 GB on my Xbox alone.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just realized that next year is the 40th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

It was obvious already, but now I think there’s no way we don’t get a big new Mario next year.
Are we already that far out from the 35th Anniversary?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Something I always found cool about the Splatoon games is how the community has had a direct influence on the series.

Callie was the one kidnapped in 2 because Marie won the Splatfest. 3 takes place in a Mad Max-esque wasteland because of 2’s final Splatfest being chaos vs order.

Each final fest is essentially voting for what you want the next game to look like, and that’s really radical. Makes me wonder what 3’s will be like.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Someone graduating high school this year was a kid when Odyssey dropped. It’s absolutely time for a new one.

And considering there’s also a new console coming next year, I think all the timing lines up :yoshi:
crazy that I graduated high school and started college mere months before Odyssey came out and 3 months after the Switch dropped…why I gotta be old

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

This really is for that one guy who plays one game on one console and nothing else. I'm all for a new Zombies mode that comes around with new CoD games but not enough to delete all my other games just to play it. This is just foolish.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
300 GB is already about half of the internal storage space of a PS5 and XSX.

Now about SMB's 40th, I hope they don't execute him again like they did with the 35th.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Capcom's been making a lot of collections of their series lately, so I hope they do one for Final Fight or the 3D Fighting games. Obviously, I can't get to them all, but if they slowly work on all of those, it'd be great.

I'm not sure what I want to see outta Nintendo outside of Metroid Prime 4, at least out of the things that are feasible.

I DO want a Soul Calibur 2 port with Link, Heihachi and Spawn all on the same version. Mods have gotten close to getting that perfect version of the game at least. Some other extra features like a color edit mode, some of the Weapon Master exclusive stages and rollback netcode would be awesome too. Everything else could just be the console version's extra stuff and the game's basically perfect as it is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbh Sanji isn't too bad rn, he's kinda likeable.

I know Toei destroyed his character in the anime so hopefully the manga doesn't do that later on.
Ahaha. That's what I thought. He's only gonna go downhill from here.

Then become insanely peak for one arc.

Then instantly become worse right after.

Btw how do you feel about the Merry

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I love Sanji despite his annoying moments. I think at his best he's cooler than Zoro and his character is genuinely really likable, his bad moments are just really bad.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love Sanji despite his annoying moments. I think at his best he's cooler than Zoro and his character is genuinely really likable, his bad moments are just really bad.
Tbh I'm kinda with you on Zoro, so far he's kinda undercooked as a character, at least compared to the rest of the crew. I still like him though, his gags are pretty funny and he fights cool, but as a character? Eh.... he's ok

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tbh I'm kinda with you on Zoro, so far he's kinda undercooked as a character, at least compared to the rest of the crew. I still like him though, his gags are pretty funny and he fights cool, but as a character? Eh.... he's ok
I didn't really mean to imply that Zoro isn't a good character. He has some really great moments later down the line and he's one of my top 5 favorites and even though I think Sanji has some cooler moments, they don't happen as often as Zoro's and Zoro doesn't have the annoying perv moments so it balances out in my opinion

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I didn't really mean to imply that Zoro isn't a good character. He has some really great moments later down the line and he's one of my top 5 favorites and even though I think Sanji has some cooler moments, they don't happen as often as Zoro's and Zoro doesn't have the annoying perv moments so it balances out in my opinion
I mean I didn't want to imply that either, it's just that Zoro so far isn't fleshed out like the rest of the crew. But it is great to hear he gets good moments down the line

Top Bottom