• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
Another year, another Microsoft showcase where Banjo fans assume there will be a Banjo game for some reason

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Microsoft's showcase looked strong overall. I guess my problem is, it's hard to get excited with their stuff since you never know what kind of BS the studio shut-downs and the like. So when we got South of Midnight being a cool looking action game with a unique stop motion style, how can I feel good knowing that it could get screwed over like Hi-Fi Rush.

Doom looks cool, Perfect Dark looks alright too. That 33 game seems solid. And I'm glad they bothered to bring Gears back as a staple series.

While everyone as always, was hoping for Banjo, I'm just waiting to see KI port or something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've used up half the time my mom gave me to work on my room. I got a big headstart early on but i haven't done much of anything since that first day of work. Thankfully it hasn't gotten WORSE, but still... a month is simultaneously a lot and not a lot of time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hadn't been caught on to date on things as I've been lately playing TTYD. Now on Chapter 6.

Did an Nintendo Direct happen?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did an Nintendo Direct happen?
Dude it was crazy

They announced Super Mario Galaxy 4, Breath of the Wild Deluxe Remix, Pikmin: Louie's Revenge, Kirby Apocalypse, Donkey Kong Country: K Rool's Krazy Konspiracy, Fire Emblem x Ape Escape, and an F-Zero farming sim.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Dude it was crazy

They announced Super Mario Galaxy 4, Breath of the Wild Deluxe Remix, Pikmin: Louie's Revenge, Kirby Apocalypse, Donkey Kong Country: K Rool's Krazy Konspiracy, Fire Emblem x Ape Escape, and an F-Zero farming sim.
Don't forget about the Sonic x Shadow Generations footage they showed, that gay sex scene was crazy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've used up half the time my mom gave me to work on my room. I got a big headstart early on but i haven't done much of anything since that first day of work. Thankfully it hasn't gotten WORSE, but still... a month is simultaneously a lot and not a lot of time.
I get executive dysfunction, I have the same issue for loads of stuff. Again, try putting some music on to help make it less of a chore

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I should try out the Perfect Dark series one of these days.
The original game's worth playing, at least. (I've only played the Xbox 360 version, so I'm not sure how different it is from the N64 version) It's like a better version of Goldeneye.

I have Perfect Dark Zero, though I haven't played much of it. (it doesn't feel as polished as the original, but that's based on early impressions)

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Can't believe we're gonna get Mother 3 coming to the west, Super Mario Odyssey 2, Metroid Prime 4 trailer, Silksong, new F-Zero game, Kid Icarus Uprising 2 and a new DKC game announced in the new Nintendo Direct. :4pacman:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Dude it was crazy

Don't forget Project X Zone 5
Weird that they skipped the third and fourth entries lol

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can't believe we're gonna get Mother 3 coming to the west, Super Mario Odyssey 2, Metroid Prime 4 trailer, Silksong, new F-Zero game, Kid Icarus Uprising 2 and a new DKC game announced in the new Nintendo Direct. :4pacman:
I don't care about all that, just give me Twilight Princess and Wind Waker so that I can smash my Wii U onto the pavement already

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I have Perfect Dark Zero, though I haven't played much of it. (it doesn't feel as polished as the original, but that's based on early impressions)
Unless you're trying to get achievements to 100% Rare Replay, don't play it on Perfect Agent difficulty.

Turns an already mid game into a nightmare where one wrong move sends you back to the beginning of a 30 minute level.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I get executive dysfunction, I have the same issue for loads of stuff. Again, try putting some music on to help make it less of a chore
I decided to do one thing in my room every time I go into it in the hopes that it will all stack up to an acceptable state by the end of the period I was given. I’m hoping breaking it down into more manageable chunks will help.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idk if this is a hot take or not, but I don’t think history will look back fondly on live service games if any kind, even ones that do it “well” and are popular like Fortnite. Just because of the floodgates the genre making money opened.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Idk if this is a hot take or not, but I don’t think history will look back fondly on live service games if any kind, even ones that do it “well” and are popular like Fortnite. Just because of the floodgates the genre making money opened.
It's really not a hot take for the vast majority of live service games, a lot of them don't know how to get the audience on board so live service ends up being a black hole of money until the servers shut down. Success stories like Fortnite are extremely rare.

That said, it's good for developers as live service keeps developers retention rates high as they'll always be needed to update the game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Choose your own adventure

IMG_8902.jpeg

We’re
Animan-ey! Totally insane-y!

IMG_8898.jpeg

John Mulaney!
IMG_8897.jpeg

Alice N’ Chain-ey!
IMG_8899.jpeg

Vice President Cheney!