• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Shroob

Sup?
can you sent me the stuff from modelworlds like the temple and lego head house please because they are lost
Hey, fella.

No offense, but last time, he told you he was done with helping you because you were being extremely bossy and demanding. It's EXTREMELY rude to just, keep being extremely bossy and demanding after he told you he was done.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I give up. Shiver’s gonna win everything AGAIN.

it certainly makes me feel worse that some of my friends exclusively pick Shiver every Splatfest. I’m switching to P5R now.

all I want is for Frye to get a Sweep, or no, just FOR SHIVER TO STOP WINNING 99% OF THE TIME.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hate it when you stick up for yourself and the other person makes you feel like the bad guy :239:
Yeah, been there at university and It is quite a tough situation.

Here's the thing, every person reacts differently to stuff. In some cases, you can be as respectful as possible or within your mental/emotional reach... And said person can still feel overwhelmed or threatened by the way you act, specially if they have severe anxiety.

What we need to do is give them time, keep ourselves closer to people who do enjoy our presence such as cousins, friends or maybe a family member... And after a few days or weeks when our minds are at a better state without stress and such approach them to reach a middle ground. In my case said middle ground was sadly dropping out of university as said person wasn't really confortable with my presence due to my ADHD and the like, with me being unable to do anything else.

And even if said person tells you that they don't want to hear anything from you anymore... We gotta think about the people who do care about us, as silly as It may sound. In my case they are my little cousins, my IRL friends, my older cousins, my father's family and my uncle. In your case It could be your friends over here or in your personal life. Basically just be able to realize that we aren't truly alone, and that while a connection may have been lost with someone... Maybe It was for a reason which will do us better with time.

Sorry for the long text Noi, but I did feel the need to give you some feedback and support similar to how my psychologist has helped me out. Sometimes talking this stuff out does help.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t get to talk **** about people's SpongeBob fears, but I saw a tweet saying that the Tom Kenny hot sauce face was scary…I might be the only person who thought that was pretty cool

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still deciding if I'll buy a new Game Boy Advance at the game convention to prep up for Shantae Advance.

I have one but it got some annoying dead cells. I don't anything too fancy- just one that looks nice, has a backlight, and works as intended.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I noticed I havent been eating much as I used too and idk why
I give up. Shiver’s gonna win everything AGAIN.

it certainly makes me feel worse that some of my friends exclusively pick Shiver every Splatfest. I’m switching to P5R now.

all I want is for Frye to get a Sweep, or no, just FOR SHIVER TO STOP WINNING 99% OF THE TIME.
I stopped at Champ. I'm literally too tired to keep playing Turf War. One Thing I like seeing though is I have been seeing a lot of announcements that team chip has won the multiplier matches. I really go into every splatfest expecting shiver to win so when I lose it doesn't really hurt as much

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I decided to start a marathon for Sonic Underground. The show itself is pretty mid…but I stay watching for 2 completely valid reasons

1. Jaleel White
  2. The theme song

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hate it when you stick up for yourself and the other person makes you feel like the bad guy :239:
That's my sister's entire M.O

A few days ago she complained in the family group chat about the dishes being uwashed in a very aggressive manner (nevermind the fact that she rarely ever does her dishes or any chores for the house) and me and my other sister responded in kind. So she started playing the victim, as she always does.

And that was in text form. God forbid you ask her to do anything in person because she will go from 0 to 100 instantly. She's 20 years old how is she like this

osby

Smash Obsessed
The second episode of Ultraman Blazar is like really good

This is probably the series that will properly Ultra-pill me.

It helps that the dub is quite good
Agreed - I thought the first episode was a bit slow and didn't have much that Shin Ultraman didn't but the characters and humor in this episode sold me to the series.

I haven't decided whether I'll continue with dub or sub yet but both are pretty good so far for me.

D

Deleted member

The second episode of Ultraman Blazar is like really good

This is probably the series that will properly Ultra-pill me.

It helps that the dub is quite good
Agreed - I thought the first episode was a bit slow and didn't have much that Shin Ultraman didn't but the characters and humor in this episode sold me to the series.

I haven't decided whether I'll continue with dub or sub yet but both are pretty good so far for me.
I do wonder if there's a dub for Spain of these Ultraman shows.

I know that over here anime was really huge in the early 2000s, 90s, 80s and 70s due to the heavy ties between Asia and Spain for cinematic productions as I mentioned before... But It is weird that stuff such as Kamen Rider or the Super Sentai didn't frequently show up on TVs (although the later could be to not get kids confused with the Power Rangers) more so when a decent chunk of Japanese comedy shows did get a release over here. Will do some digging around the web to see if the show does have a dub.

Edit: ok, so I did some research and various Ultraman shows did get released in Spain during the 90s through various dubs of Televisión Española.

It seems however that nowadays the franchise in Spain is having Pretty Cure syndrome where only the firts shows did get dubs and the most recent ones haven't got anything yet. A shame, I feel that with anime and japanese media having a resurgence in Spain It would be a great chance to localize these shows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do wonder if there's a dub for Spain of these Ultraman shows.

I know that over here anime was really huge in the early 2000s, 90s, 80s and 70s due to the heavy ties between Asia and Spain for cinematic productions as I mentioned before... But It is weird that stuff such as Kamen Rider or the Super Sentai didn't frequently show up on TVs (although the later could be to not get kids confused with the Power Rangers) more so when a decent chunk of Japanese comedy shows did get a release over here. Will do some digging around the web to see if the show does have a dub.

Edit: ok, so I did some research and various Ultraman shows did get released in Spain during the 90s through various dubs of Televisión Española.

It seems however that nowadays the franchise in Spain is having Pretty Cure syndrome where only the firts shows did get dubs and the most recent ones haven't got anything yet. A shame, I feel that with anime and japanese media having a resurgence in Spain It would be a great chance to localize these shows.
Idk if it's European Spanish or American Spanish but Spanish is listed as an option for subtitles on the videos, though the only other dubs I'm aware of are Hindi and Chinese

The characters feel more like real people than just the people working in the SKaRD unit, especially the gag about fighting over who pays the bill, I know I've had that with my friends plenty of times whenever I want to treat them
Still haven't watched the Ultraman show, I do want to but I might not have the time
Damn, what's gotten you so busy then if I may ask?

D

Deleted member

Idk if it's European Spanish or American Spanish but Spanish is listed as an option for subtitles on the videos, though the only other dubs I'm aware of are Hindi and Chinese
That's really dope, I personally don't mind It being either so just the fact we have an official spanish translation at all is very awesome and a great move.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
huh, I tried typing in the url for this site precisely and it took me to a spyware site (thankfully I was on my phone) but when I Google searched and clicked everything was normal

Jondolio

Smash Hero

The characters feel more like real people than just the people working in the SKaRD unit, especially the gag about fighting over who pays the bill, I know I've had that with my friends plenty of times whenever I want to treat them

Damn, what's gotten you so busy then if I may ask?
I need to find a job

D

Deleted member

You know, I was divided about whether or not to share these photos in case ya'll found them too weird... But probably not, since It was just for fun and going to movie premieres in costumes is awesome.

So yeah, here are two photos of me and my IRL friends going to the Mario movie release in my city:

We had a lot of fun with the movie and the theater experience was really good: there were other Mario fans of all ages (a few with costumes too), we all laughed with various of the jokes from the movie and almost everyone was there for the two post-credit scenes. I even remember one person saying "Oh god, I hope the post-credit scene is Daisy" and when It was Yoshi the whole theater had a wholesome reaction.
also I just came back from a car trip with my mother throught the north and coast of my island and let me tell you, today I remembered why I love this place a lot. So beautiful and diverse, easily accessible places no matter where you are and a lot of cool people. Wouldn't change It for anything.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I thought there would be 0 MS/ABK news on a Sunday.

I was wrong

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought there would be 0 MS/ABK news on a Sunday.

I was wrong

You mean they aren't putting the cod series to the sword? ****.

D

Deleted member

I got really bored so I made my own Mario Kart roster:

I know that these kinds of things have been controversial on Twitter recently, but I do have fun browsing and learning about Mario characters and choosing which ones I enjoy the most and have fond memories of.

Btw, this took me a long time between browsing images, cropping them and turning them into individual renders, so I will tag some cool people so hopefully my work pays out.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I got really bored so I made my own Mario Kart roster:

I know that these kinds of things have been controversial on Twitter recently, but I do have fun browsing and learning about Mario characters and choosing which ones I enjoy the most and have fond memories of.

Btw, this took me a long time between browsing images, cropping them and turning them into individual renders, so I will tag some cool people so hopefully my work pays out.

Ah yes, Kart is my favourite racer.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know, I was divided about whether or not to share these photos in case ya'll found them too weird... But probably not, since It was just for fun and going to movie premieres in costumes is awesome.

So yeah, here are two photos of me and my IRL friends going to the Mario movie release in my city:

We had a lot of fun with the movie and the theater experience was really good: there were other Mario fans of all ages (a few with costumes too), we all laughed with various of the jokes from the movie and almost everyone was there for the two post-credit scenes. I even remember one person saying "Oh god, I hope the post-credit scene is Daisy" and when It was Yoshi the whole theater had a wholesome reaction.
also I just came back from a car trip with my mother throught the north and coast of my island and let me tell you, today I remembered why I love this place a lot. So beautiful and diverse, easily accessible places no matter where you are and a lot of cool people. Wouldn't change It for anything.
One of these days I’m gonna go to a con, cosplay as Bowser, and just ask everyone if they’ve seen Peach anywhere.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
crazy comeback
The one Gen Z Pixar employee brought it back with the Clod meme and let the population believe they came up with the idea. :iwatadirect: /s

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Top Bottom