• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
FEH finally remembered Engage exists:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yo, don't act while upset about the loss.

Take some time and think before you sell it.
I’m still kinda leaning to it a little. I’ve only EVER won two Splatfests (Water and Sweet). My first two Splatfests I picked the dead last teams and Shiver won both too (I picked Scissors and Grub). It makes me feel worse that Shiver gets the “easy” options and three of my Twitter friends ALWAYS pick Shiver every Splatfest.

maybe I’ll sleep on it but… idk. This splatfest held significance for me because strawberry ice cream is associated with a happy memory of my late dad…

it doesn’t help that I’m going thru a tough time caring for aunt right now and jobless.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mint with a Chocolate Ripple is the GOAT Ice Cream for me. It simply melts in your mouth.

Too bad it's extremely hard to find, especially in-store. I can't go back to regular Mint Chocolate Chip. The balance and texture just aren't there.

I usually go with Cookies n Cream, Cookie Dough, or Cake Batter if I can't find the above.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I slept on it. I think I will give an ultimatum.

I will not play the next splatfest… UNLESS it’s a theme that really interests me. But if Shiver wins again AND the team I would have chosen gets nothing once again, then I will sell my copy.

If it is Shiver I would have picked (unlikely as I only picked her once and she lost that one anyway, Dark Chocolate) I will be fine either way as long as the other teams get at least some points (BOTH Frye and Big Man) or there’s a Frye/Big Man sweep.

I know this seems petty but I’m going thru a tough time rn and just needed SOME semblance of things going right for once.

although if Side Order does come soon I may not sell.

Needless to say I won’t be touching Splatoon 3 for at least a month

…second thought, if it’s a theme I care about more, losing will hurt more. I’ll just sit it out period.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I slept on it. I think I will give an ultimatum.

I will not play the next splatfest… UNLESS it’s a theme that really interests me. But if Shiver wins again AND the team I would have chosen gets nothing once again, then I will sell my copy.

If it is Shiver I would have picked (unlikely as I only picked her once and she lost that one anyway, Dark Chocolate) I will be fine either way as long as the other teams get at least some points (BOTH Frye and Big Man) or there’s a Frye/Big Man sweep.

I know this seems petty but I’m going thru a tough time rn and just needed SOME semblance of things going right for once.

although if Side Order does come soon I may not sell.

Needless to say I won’t be touching Splatoon 3 for at least a month

…second thought, if it’s a theme I care about more, losing will hurt more. I’ll just sit it out period.
Don't wanna sound rude here but I don't think Splatoon's the issue here. It's also super unhealthy to put so much stock into something that you can't control, especially for something such as a competion in a children's shooter. Idk how to word this properly, but if it is really tanking your mentality that much, then take a break and find another hobby that can be a bit more relaxing and fufilling/accompolishing while you're in full control. Maybe like an art project, learn to play an instrument or a song. Don't gotta be something big, but just the feeling of making progress will truimph.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't wanna sound rude here but I don't think Splatoon's the issue here. It's also super unhealthy to put so much stock into something that you can't control, especially for something such as a competion in a children's shooter. Idk how to word this properly, but if it is really tanking your mentality that much, then take a break and find another hobby that can be a bit more relaxing and fufilling/accompolishing while you're in full control. Maybe like an art project, learn to play an instrument or a song. Don't gotta be something big, but just the feeling of making progress will truimph.
Good point… it’s a tough time for me rn after all so I should do some self care in a much calmer activity

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yo, don't act while upset about the loss.

Take some time and think before you sell it.
I wouldnt sell splatoon 3
But im not gonna lie when I say I sick and tired of shiver wins because 1. Its repetitive 2, shiver fans are a ****ing nuisance and annoying little braggers that love to fan flames and throw oil on fires when they win

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good for the Xbox fans?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Bull****, Brilliant Diamond isn't worth nearly as much as that.

Or you actually scammed the hell out of someone
Okay I'll recount what happened

So basically I went into the retro game store around me (they also sell modern games) to check if they have a regular ass copy of TotK, but all they had was the special edition. They owed me some money from a few games I gave them a while back and also we're generally on good terms so they gave me a discount. Add Brilliant Diamond to that and that's half the original price of the special edition, which is almost as much as the regular edition.

So yeah I clickbaited you but I did get rid of my BD copy for this

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sonic Superstars was rated E by the ESRB

I thought for sure this was going to be Sonics foray into M Rated games 😔

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got a Poipole on the GTS

I just need Zeraora and Kubfu and my main dex is complete, though I still need help getting my different sized Gourgeist

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bull****, Brilliant Diamond isn't worth nearly as much as that.

Or you actually scammed the hell out of someone
They said “got rid of” because GameStop only offered them $0.12 and a mini-FUNKO pop keychain to trade it in. There was never an equivalent exchange. :troll:

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Before someone ask it, 404 Game Re;Set is an old gacha mobile game from yesteryear about SEGA "winning?" the console wars, and becomes an evil world dictatorship and turns classic arcade games into anime girls. and it was created by Yoko Taro.
Me after realizing that the game is just a few months old:
tumblr_mx576qbgmL1sxudx7o2_r1_500.gif

:4pacman:
Weird that it still doesn't have a Street Fighter girl, considering that Virtua Fighter and Fatal Fury already got representation.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Could anyone maybe hop on SwSh to help me evolve my different sized Pumpkaboo before I start TotK? I would really appreciate it

D

Deleted member

Went to the stores today and bought some dope pieces of clothing today:

Now I finally have some shoes to wear at home which don't dirt the floor.

Also on an unrelated note, I brought this up on a profile post but I will likely take holidays from social media and this forum through all of August to focus on new videogame, LEGO and other releases, to spend more time with family and friends and to relax my mind from writing so much in English. Hopefully ya'll understand :)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lol I don't have GameStop in my country
At least you were not disillusioned as a child to believe a career in video game retail would be a dream job. I learned that the hard way. :colorful:

Adding a Mini-Funko makes it the most expensive Gamestop exchange of all time
It was the clearance FUNKO.

20B76981-AF6B-4A96-AABE-05F924B0EB5C.jpeg

Top Bottom