• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, I have some predictions for the direct.

Pikmin 4 info is more on wrapping up before July 21 weeks away.

Xenoblade 3 is finished, so I doubt another sequel will be ready for preview.

Metroid Prime 4 may or may not appear since Retro Studios could show Metroid Prime 2 Echoes remastered preview.

Might show more games being delivered to the NSO. IDK what titles are showing up.

IDK what's the next big game title that Nintendo will hype up for the upcoming year.

I got nothing for anything else.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really need to give up on Tomodschi Life on switch lol
It might not be Tomodachi life but I wouldn't be shocked if we see a Grezzo project in the direct. There was a two year gap between Link's Awakening and Miitopia, and it's been another two years since Miitopia. Whatever they have cooking might be ready to be freed from the oven. I could see them being the devs for the Mario RPG remake, if that rumor is true.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This Pyoro guy everyone is talking about did post the dancing movie Detective Pikachu gif earlier today.

I hope he's not playing my strings. The sequel to the 3DS game was announced 4 years ago and we're stick with cliffhangers in the first game

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'm gonna eat a sweaty sock.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone know how well the Advance Wars remake did on Switch? Between that and Metroid Dread, I'm hoping that Nintendo will be more willing to let other companies use their lesser-used IPs (such as letting Sumo Digital make an F-Zero game, for example), though I don't want to get my hopes up.

I have a gut feeling that we'll get a proper reveal for Metroid Prime 4 as the "one more thing" at the end of the Direct, though with a vague and/or far away release date, though that feels wildly optimistic on my part.

Part of me hopes for something Earthbound related (ex. an Earthbound Beginning remake in the style of Link's Awakening's remake, with proper playtesting of the endgame this time, or Mother 3 released on the GBA Online service to encourage people to sign up for the more expensive service), but that seems even less likely than the other ideas that I mentioned.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Does anyone know how well the Advance Wars remake did on Switch? Between that and Metroid Dread, I'm hoping that Nintendo will be more willing to let other companies use their lesser-used IPs (such as letting Sumo Digital make an F-Zero game, for example), though I don't want to get my hopes up.

I have a gut feeling that we'll get a proper reveal for Metroid Prime 4 as the "one more thing" at the end of the Direct, though with a vague and/or far away release date, though that feels wildly optimistic on my part.

Part of me hopes for something Earthbound related (ex. an Earthbound Beginning remake in the style of Link's Awakening's remake, with proper playtesting of the endgame this time, or Mother 3 released on the GBA Online service to encourage people to sign up for the more expensive service), but that seems even less likely than the other ideas that I mentioned.
AW remake is still not releasing in Japan for unknown reasons

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As of today I’ve been on this site for five years.

Half a decade.

I don’t even know what to make of that :138:
Even though we are edit: roughly the same age I feel a lot older because I’m about to hit 10 years on Smashboards. :skull:

Last edited:
Top Bottom