• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

dream1ng

Smash Champion
If Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars gets a remake, I can see it be in an HD-2D style that Square-Enix loves to do for the past few years.
A Mario RPG remake would be amazing.

And that's why it'll never happen :101:
The person who started that SNES remake claim has also tweeted out a pic of big Yoshi from SMRPG and liked tweets suggesting it was that game.

So, idk. I would think the long rumored FE4 seems likelier, but that's not what this person seems to be hinting at.

D

Deleted member

Yo, so I am still bored and I decided to reorganize the games of my Switch main menu so I can see all my favourite games on the system without having to put any cartridge:

Sonic Mania isn't really part of this collection, I'm saving that space for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in case a certain character gets announced eventually.

But yeah, quite a solid list of games if you ask me.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
A remake of both Project X Zone games in one package, but are now a 3v3 2.5D fighting game a là Marvel vs. Capcom, and only featuring Non-humanoid Scrimblo Bimblo characters such as Sonic, Pac-Man, Klonoa, whatever Capcom has in it's library of IPs, etc.
TL;DR: "Sonic SmackDown without Eggman and with Capcom and Namco cartoony characters"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
what could’ve been

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I somehow managed to acquire a Shiny Eevee in Violet through a Surprise Trade. She’s lvl 90, only Good Stats and Run Away so I don’t think she’s been hacked in. Summary says she’s from Kalos. No nickname either so I can name her whatever

Also the OG Trainer is named SniffCopium so that’s amusing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
never thought I’d ever see Logan Paul work a Money in the Bank ladder match…I need to see him dive off a ladder just once

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think my brain is always going to default to the way the characters were portrayed in MK1-3 and MK9 (because both timelines use basically the same framework as a base) when I think of these characters in their ideal states. The new era feels like something they’re going to stick with for a while and then in like a decade or two we’re going to get a “nostalgia reboot” that reverts back to that original status quo. Idk, just… changing it this much just doesn’t feel sustainable in terms of having a brand identity.
Well, nothing wrong with that first part. Most people default a character with the version they know best. A lot of the Tekken cast I think of their Tekken 3 versions in particular, if they were in that game, for example. I don't see why your view, or anyone else's, of the MK cast would be different.

I think it's neat conceptually. Liu trying to make the best situation possible that is. And the eventual craziness that'll still go down despite it all. My main issue with the MK9 Timeline is that the whole basically revolved around the mess Raiden made and Sindel's ass-whopping having to be slowly un-done, only for timeline shenanigans. So they wrote themselves into a corner twice as fast as the OG timeline. I have no doubt the The old versions will be back in some major capacity, visually, SubZ and Scorp are fairly close to their old versions, Kitana, Mileena and Kenshi are still recognizable visually, ect.

MK11, had they bothered to keep things going, could've had a new "Deadly Alliance" with Liu and Kitana like the ending suggested, but they swept that under the rug immediately and I'm still disappointed by that personally, lmao.

With the new story, I'm curious as to WHO Scorpion is, cause Sub-Zero is Bi-Han(this was confirmed), and the two are brothers now, is Kuai Liang Scorpion now, or is Hanzo related to Sub-Zero directly? If so, Where's Kuai Liang? Is he still Tundra? So I wanna see where that goes. Same with Kitana and Mileena.

Mechanically, I'm glad the traditional meter is back. I like the Assist system, it seems pretty in depth and fun. And I'm glad they added air combos again, but made them a little less goofy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If the SNES game ends up being Mega Man X1-3 done in HD like the Wily Wars were, of the time up to date versions of MM1-3, I'm popping off. But that probably won't happen.

I'd be down for Run Saber HD, but I'm one of twelve people who know about that one unfortunately, and I really want a re-release of it.

Reactions: ---

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, nothing wrong with that first part. Most people default a character with the version they know best. A lot of the Tekken cast I think of their Tekken 3 versions in particular, if they were in that game, for example. I don't see why your view, or anyone else's, of the MK cast would be different.

I think it's neat conceptually. Liu trying to make the best situation possible that is. And the eventual craziness that'll still go down despite it all. My main issue with the MK9 Timeline is that the whole basically revolved around the mess Raiden made and Sindel's ass-whopping having to be slowly un-done, only for timeline shenanigans. So they wrote themselves into a corner twice as fast as the OG timeline. I have no doubt the The old versions will be back in some major capacity, visually, SubZ and Scorp are fairly close to their old versions, Kitana, Mileena and Kenshi are still recognizable visually, ect.

MK11, had they bothered to keep things going, could've had a new "Deadly Alliance" with Liu and Kitana like the ending suggested, but they swept that under the rug immediately and I'm still disappointed by that personally, lmao.

With the new story, I'm curious as to WHO Scorpion is, cause Sub-Zero is Bi-Han(this was confirmed), and the two are brothers now, is Kuai Liang Scorpion now, or is Hanzo related to Sub-Zero directly? If so, Where's Kuai Liang? Is he still Tundra? So I wanna see where that goes. Same with Kitana and Mileena.

Mechanically, I'm glad the traditional meter is back. I like the Assist system, it seems pretty in depth and fun. And I'm glad they added air combos again, but made them a little less goofy.
Mechanically I have no problem with it. Assists look cool and traditional meter is great. Not to mention long combos and air combos. It looks like a very fast and kinetic game. I’m just not intrigued by the new era concept all that much. Especially because “it’s the characters gameplay but not the personality and story you fell in love with” was one of the things that ruined two of my faves in MK11 (Sindel and Kabal) for me. Like, I don’t want “a new twist” I want the thing I fell in love with done really well and continued.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ya ever think about how Fairly Oddparents of all thing had canonical Mpreg?

I wish I hadn't.
Ngl, FOP had quite a few messed up things in it when you look back on the series as a whole.

Hell you could say the same for several Nick shows

Top Bottom