• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Willy's Wonderland is such an overlooked gem.
It's a good movie

But the fact Nick Cage doesn't speak, which is probably one of the reasons he's most famous, is really sad. He's a great physical actor in terms of body language sure, but you just lose a part of Nick Cage when he's not allowed to be himself fully.

Shroob

Sup?
Just ten

You underestimate him.

This movie alone is gonna feed his family and keep his lights on for a year.
Insert that one meme channel which takes AI Matpat and has every theory boil down to the watcher being fatherless and getting no *******.

Shroob

Sup?
Question

Do people who are into comic books like, care about characters dying?

Because as an outsider who's not super into the genre, all I can do in regards to comic book deaths is shrug. They never stay dead and they always feel extremely cheap and kinda manipulative to prey in the emotions of the people who liked that character.

I'd almost call them outright scummy since it feels like more often than not, they're using a character's death to try to push sales more than anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Five Nights At Freddy’s poster!

I could be wrong but one of our first looks at Overwatch 2, I’m pretty sure was a story campaign mission, advertising it would be coming soon.

So if that’s the case, I can’t see them not be in trouble for that. You can’t just go “oh our bad guys, we lied about everything we used to lure you into our game”.
Why does the movie poster look like it’s using 3D models?

Shroob

Sup?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
God, I'm still laughing at the OW2 stuff.

You make a sequel to your game

Advertise a thing that people want(PVE)

and then

Your game is just the same game with:

Some hero adjustments

Some map adjustments

1 less player per team

A Battle Pass

And sorry we're scrapping the PVE mode actually
And most of the adjustments are bad, as the rotten cherry on top.

The change to the 5v5 format was also a dumb decision.

A part of me still can't believe that a Five Nights at Freddy's movie is actually going to be a thing.

Come to think of it, I can't really recall any other indie video game being turned into a theatrical movie, so that's a pretty big feat for FNAF.
Markiplier himself just finished filming for a movie based on Iron Lung.

Shroob

Sup?
And most of the adjustments are bad, as the rotten cherry on top.

The change to the 5v5 format was also a dumb decision.

Markiplier himself just finished filming for a movie based on Iron Lung.
Iron Lung's an interesting one for a movie.

Though, I wonder how it'll play out. The sub was super small, and aside from the few encounters with the sea monster, not a lot happens. A whole bunch of self-monologuing and self-introspective?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Question

Because as an outsider who's not super into the genre, all I can do in regards to comic book deaths is shrug. They never stay dead and they always feel extremely cheap and kinda manipulative to prey in the emotions of the people who liked that character.

I'd almost call them outright scummy since it feels like more often than not, they're using a character's death to try to push sales more than anything.
Sucks if your favorite character is effectively in the time-out corner for months or a year or two. Worse is if your favorites is an obscure character who only gets brought back to life like a decade and a half later cause no one remembers them. Which sucks that one of my favorite Spider-Man characters is Kaine, cause they barely acknowledge him lately and it lame since he's had a pretty good arc.

But hey, that's editorial. The REAL villain of pretty much any story. Except that guy who convinced Toriyama to make Cell. He's the one dude who didn't **** it up and lead to PEAK FICTION.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Question

The last half is why people care for a comic character’s death, but caring in a negative way if done wrong. It’s currently bad for Kamala since she’s a 9 year old creation that influences Muslims fans around the world…and with a holiday month (holimonth) like Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (or AAAPIHM for short) only makes it come off as a touch motivated by racism and a lotta other negative things Kamala fans online have been claiming.

at this stage the only comic deaths that actually matter comes from the stuff not put out by Marvel and DC (especially anything Walking Dead related since…ya know…someone like Glenn)
Sucks if your favorite character is effectively in the time-out corner for months or a year or two. Worse is if your favorites is an obscure character who only gets brought back to life like a decade and a half later cause no one remembers them. Which sucks that one of my favorite Spider-Man characters is Kaine, cause they barely acknowledge him lately and it lame since he's had a pretty good arc.

But hey, that's editorial. The REAL villain of pretty much any story. Except that guy who convinced Toriyama to make Cell. He's the one dude who didn't **** it up and lead to PEAK FICTION.
well **** I’m only just realizing Kaine has been gone for years now. He was one bad mofo, tho I guess he’s better off staying hidden than to get hit with the Ben Reilly treatment cause massive oof right there

Also yeah Cell is peak, but I bet they wish they found a way to take out the spots for future use, even tho he’d look weird

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Question

It depends, some series aren't cheap about death but in this case it's more the audacity because it's exactly done to push sales out of shock value, from what I understand this run has had Peter cry to Osborne like a ***** because he can't take Vulture, the Paul MJ cuck fetish thing, Spidey getting energy boobs before going to hell and now killing off Kamala which is just completely odd.

Meanwhile Miles Morales can create swords with his Venom Strike which fans are freaking out about how cool they are. I think I know which Spiderman readers like this time around

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also announced was that the first 4 Indiana Jones films would hit Disney+ at the end of the month.
That makes sense conisdering that Dial of Destiny comes out in theaters next month.

They either have no faith in Echo, or are testing a more typical format, with a show that probably wouldn’t yield them good information.

Or maybe they want Netflix characters shows to work like Netflix show dumps. Which would be weird but I guess I can see why.
It could go one way or the other in which I am assuming that the bolded might be a way to test and see how and whether this format will work.

Reactions: Z25

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Looks like Tears of the Kingdom hit big.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This time for sure
Kingdom-Hearts-4-1.jpg

I'm gonna look like a clown when it's not there

Top Bottom