• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Really though, what the **** is the point of Overwatch 2 if you scrap the one thing you were touting as the big selling point. You could have done all the character changes and reduced teamsize in Overwatch 1. Overwatch 2 now feels even less necessary of a sequel than it was before.

I could have at least excused it if they kept the PvE mode in, since that was something they hyped the hell out of, but just **** canning it outright is... what the hell? Why does this game exist aside from the obvious answer of money.
This exact question is why the name Overwatch 2.0 was a much much better title

-It conveys that it is really just a massive patch for the original game
-It matches the futuristic aesthetic of the game
-It is in line with Heroes Of The Storm which had a 2.0 patch that was received very well (R.I.P.)
-It can also be used to advertise sequel content

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have now completed the first three battle network games 100%.

I'm going to take a small break before moving to volume 2 so i dont gp through burn out.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Really though, what the **** is the point of Overwatch 2 if you scrap the one thing you were touting as the big selling point. You could have done all the character changes and reduced teamsize in Overwatch 1. Overwatch 2 now feels even less necessary of a sequel than it was before.

I could have at least excused it if they kept the PvE mode in, since that was something they hyped the hell out of, but just **** canning it outright is... what the hell? Why does this game exist aside from the obvious answer of money.
They really should've had the PvE stuff be made for a spinoff game rather than something called Overwatch 2.

I've probably said it before already, but outright canceling something that was supposed to be OW2's main premise is proof of it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ill never forget the day before the new Layton Game announcement, I was at my moms and i looked in my going-out bag and saw the Curious Village manual and said "why is this in here.."

Then bam, Professor Layton and the New World of Steam

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to love playing Overwatch. Blizzard's butchered the "sequel" so badly that my interest in playing is all but gone at this point.

Unless there's enough backlash from the playerbase to convince them to make some significant changes, I don't see myself picking this game up for a while.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I guess I should rank my top games all time. In order:

1. Mario Sunshine
2. Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Dragon Quest 11
4. Wind Waker
5. Kingdom Hearts 2
6. Mario Odyssey
7. Minecraft
8. Terraria
9. Legends Arceus
10. Black and White

I did like ScarVio more than PLA but idk if I can say it's in my top 10 given the game is super buggy. So honorary mention to that.

11-15 would probably be:
11. ScarVio
12. Bowsers Inside Story
13. Mario Galaxy
14. Thousand Year Door
15. Sun and Moon

And to round out top 20:

16. Golden Sun TLA
17. Mario Kart DS
18. Scribblenauts Unlimited
19. New Super Mario Bros DS
20. Final Fantasy VII

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Blizzard, "Overwatch 2 will have a PvE mode!"

Casuals rejoice

Blizzard, "Actually nah."
Blizzard is about to get slapped within the biggest false advertising lawsuit of all time. It’s gonna be hilarious, especially after the UK drama. Microsoft gonna have a field day purging the horrible people in charge over there.

Very interesting to see that they decided to release all the episodes of Echo.
They either have no faith in Echo, or are testing a more typical format, with a show that probably wouldn’t yield them good information.

Or maybe they want Netflix characters shows to work like Netflix show dumps. Which would be weird but I guess I can see why.

Shroob

Sup?
So I guess I should rank my top games all time. In order:

1. Mario Sunshine
2. Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Dragon Quest 11
4. Wind Waker
5. Kingdom Hearts 2
6. Mario Odyssey
7. Minecraft
8. Terraria
9. Legends Arceus
10. Black and White

I did like ScarVio more than PLA but idk if I can say it's in my top 10 given the game is super buggy. So honorary mention to that.

11-15 would probably be:
11. ScarVio
12. Bowsers Inside Story
13. Mario Galaxy
14. Thousand Year Door
15. Sun and Moon

And to round out top 20:

16. Golden Sun TLA
17. Mario Kart DS
18. Scribblenauts Unlimited
19. New Super Mario Bros DS
20. Final Fantasy VII
0/10 doesn't include the greatest game ever made

1684277326504.png

Shroob

Sup?
Blizzard is about to get slapped within the biggest false advertising lawsuit of all time. It’s gonna be hilarious, especially after the UK drama. Microsoft gonna have a field day purging the horrible people in charge over there.

They either have no faith in Echo, or are testing a more typical format, with a show that probably wouldn’t yield them good information.

Or maybe they want Netflix characters shows to work like Netflix show dumps. Which would be weird but I guess I can see why.
Doubtful. They'll just say that plans changed in development and that's that. The game is F2P, and from my understanding, the cosmetic stuff was advertised to be for PVP, not PVE, so anyone who spent money and wanted PVE is **** out of luck.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Doubtful. They'll just say that plans changed in development and that's that. The game is F2P, and from my understanding, the cosmetic stuff was advertised to be for PVP, not PVE, so anyone who spent money and wanted PVE is **** out of luck.
I mean it would be funny if Blizzard got another lawsuit

Shroob

Sup?
I mean it would be funny if Blizzard got another lawsuit
It would be.

I'd say the fact that they went back on their PVP mode is a win for TF2 but

Uhhh, guess it's not much of a victory when your opponent is basically a rotting corpse.

And I won't elaborate which game is the corpse, since both fit well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would have really been cool if the DLC characters being present would give you alternate versions of certain classic modes like how DLC Mii fighter costumes affect certain spirit battles.

Just some DLC characters would really fit certain characters classic mode themes. Like Pyra and Mythra in the Ice Climber route, Banjo-Kazooie in the Duck Hunt route, or Kazuya in Terry and Captain Falcon’s route. Heck, Terry in Captain Falcon’s route too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The next episode of Helluva Boss drops this weekend
Yeeeessss!

Shroob

Sup?
Would have really been cool if the DLC characters being present would give you alternate versions of certain classic modes like how DLC Mii fighter costumes affect certain spirit battles.

Just some DLC characters would really fit certain characters classic mode themes. Like Pyra and Mythra in the Ice Climber route, Banjo-Kazooie in the Duck Hunt route, or Kazuya in Terry and Captain Falcon’s route. Heck, Terry in Captain Falcon’s route too.
It would have.

But it was obvious they didn't really want to do a whole lot of "Having X dlc affects Y thing!"

They could have retrofit in a ton of DLC characters into a ton of previous Spirit Battles, but they chose not to. Too much effort for little payout in the end I'm wagering.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Five Nights At Freddy’s poster!
I could be wrong but one of our first looks at Overwatch 2, I’m pretty sure was a story campaign mission, advertising it would be coming soon.

So if that’s the case, I can’t see them not be in trouble for that. You can’t just go “oh our bad guys, we lied about everything we used to lure you into our game”.

Shroob

Sup?
Five Nights At Freddy’s poster!

I could be wrong but one of our first looks at Overwatch 2, I’m pretty sure was a story campaign mission, advertising it would be coming soon.

So if that’s the case, I can’t see them not be in trouble for that. You can’t just go “oh our bad guys, we lied about everything we used to lure you into our game”.
But the game's also free.

That, and the fine print for the cosmetics was labeled for being PVP.

That's kinda the loophole they got in. If anyone tries to get uppity at them for false advertisement, they can just turn around and point that none of the money spent was for PVE content.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, there goes the only reason I was interested in Overwatch 2.

Also, Marvel's officially announced the leaked stuff, so I'll just say that every single thing that I've seen of the current Amazing Spider-Man run feels like a giant middle finger to the audience. It seems like the only purpose of the series is to make the characters and fans as miserable as possible, and I have no idea why Marvel feels the need to use their flagship franchise for that purpose. (it's especially sad because the previous run seemed to be building up to a more hopeful tone)

I realize that it's likely just building up to Kamala being revived and revealed to be a mutant, but it seems like it was either done for that reason or for shock value, and both are awful reasons. I've seen what happened to Gwenpool when she was retconned into being a mutant, and it was pretty bad. (she went from star of a series to a background character)

Literally the only people that I've seen who have responded to this plot twist in an even remotely positive way have been people who are openly bigoted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom