• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finna attempt my first ever solo midnight release pickup for TOTK (even tho it’ll be 9pm when I pick it up)

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I think it may be time for Disney to consider doing a Kingdom Hearts film or series.

But then again, Bob Iger is not wrong with his statement.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Iirc, it's likely a remake of FE4 that was supposed to come out before Engage.

Fire Emblem is huge nowadays, so strike the iron while it's hot.
Whatever. I don’t get how something so technically and smart-brained can be so popular.

I actually might play Engage. The use of classic characters appeals to me. But I’m still not sure because I’m scared of difficulty and strategy. I could play the Mario + Rabbids games pretty well though.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Idk what you mean by that, but it's popularirty can be attributed to:

1. FE's popularity with the Smash community
2. Anime is huge nowadays
3. RPGs are huge nowadays
4. It's fun to many
The first choice was exactly how I became a fan of the Fire Emblem franchise ever since Marth and Roy's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

4. It's fun to many
You have to think a lot and like make strategies and stuff to even play. That’s not very accessible to the average person.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

4. It's fun to many
5. They added more modes and eventually mechanics that made the games accessible to people otherwise turned off by permadeath.
6. Dating Sim/Matchmaking elements were elevated
7. They actually marketed the games
8. All of the above happened with a game they released worldwide and not just a Japan only remake
9. Even without casual mode or rewinds, all but the Conquest route, Cindered Shadows DLC and Fell Xenologue DLC were really easy.

You have to think a lot and like make strategies and stuff to even play. That’s not very accessible to the average person.
Awakening, Birthright, Revelation, Houses and Engage are piss easy.
Awakening and Houses especially just let you build stupidly OP characters.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean you also gotta remember that the average person doesn't play single player games like that. Tactical RPGs are pretty niche, so FE wouldn't be on their radar regardless. So Nintendo is smart, they don't market it to the nuclear family, they go for the nerdy weebs which is a very sizable market in their own right, and it paying off, Three Houses sold pretty well and they're doing the same tactic for Xenoblade which is expanding in popularity.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How would you feel if Lego and Nintendo expanded their collaboration with these Mario themed minifigure series blind bag waves?

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Kamek
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Shy Guy
Accompanying this wave is a big-fig of Bowser with a small buildable Goomba and Bo
  • Rosalina (with buildable Luma)
  • Pauline
  • Yoshi
  • Iggy Koopa
  • Larry Koopa
  • Lemmy Koopa
  • Ludwig von Koopa
  • Wendy O. Koopa
  • Roy Koopa
  • Morton Koopa Jr.
  • Hammer Bros.
  • Lakitu
Accompanying this wave is a Donkey Kong big fig
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong
  • Cranky Kong
  • Professor E. Gadd (with buildable Boo)
  • Poochy (iffy on this one. Might be a buildable accompaniment instead)
  • Birdo
  • Foreman Spike
  • Chargin Chuck
  • Monty Mole
  • Jimmy T
  • Ashley
  • Captain Syrup
Accompanying this wave is a Funky Kong big fig

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh man just glancing at TotK reviews, they seem to be emphasizing sidequests and how much longer the playtime is which in turn implies there's just a lot more to do. This really is the Majora to BotW's OoT
Too bad they didn’t bring back transformation masks but this time with the dead champions. Come on! It was right there!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
TotK comes out tomorrow, and it looks pretty cool, I like the new mechanics letting you build things and mash items together. I haven’t played BotW yet though, I’m interested in it but idk haven’t gotten it yet.

but anyway, in 2 months, we’re also getting PIKMIN 4 BABY WOOOOOO LET’S GO GAME OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR IT’S PIKMIN 4 ONLY TWO MONTHS AWAY YEAH GOTTA LOVE PIKMIN ahem yeah 🅱ikmin :olimar:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bayonetta Origins should’ve released before Bayo 3 cause my god does it make 3’s story make more sense for the most part (even makes sense out of the Cerezita/Luka love connection that many people hate)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bayonetta Origins should’ve released before Bayo 3 cause my god does it make 3’s story make more sense for the most part (even makes sense out of the Cerezita/Luka love connection that many people hate)
I’m never gonna be okay with them straightening her out, no matter what origins says. She went to hell and back for Jeanne and always treated Luka like a child. Kamiya is just homophobic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m never gonna be okay with them straightening her out, no matter what origins says. She went to hell and back for Jeanne and always treated Luka like a child. Kamiya is just homophobic.
can’t straighten out a Bayonetta that is already straight tbf

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I talked about Seven Deadly Sins this week, and I actually realized that I watch too many good shows so I decided to pick it back up for a hatewatch

I then remembered why I only watch good shows

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yesterday the N64 Switch Online app got an update.

All it did was fix a bug in Pokémon Stadium where some of the moves of rental Pokémon would incorrectly show as illegal moves.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Bees are okay in my book, they pollinate flowers and are generally pretty chill

Hornets on the other hand can go straight to hell, and I'll gladly help them get there if I see one near me and have an opening

Last edited:
Top Bottom