• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Thousand Year Door remake should have an extremely well-hidden secret boss where you fight all three of the Tail siblings at once.

With Hooktail's and Gloomtail's stats buffed to be near those of Bonetail's, at that.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Hey, I'm back. Been a couple of weeks. How's everyone doing?

I've been playing Super Mario 3D World on the Switch lately, and I got to Champion's Road yesterday... I've already died 300+ times and can't get past the really fast disappearing platforms section.
IMG_0070.JPG

I also had my birthday last week, and finished Super Mario Wonder. Haven't done the post-game though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just spent $3 to get Catherine Full Body dud to a $9.99 discount, 100 gold coins that Mario lent me, and $5 on the E-Shop that I forgot about…amazing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hate to admit it but I have 3 positive things to say about TTYD so far, the vibes of Rogueport are pretty cool, dark crimeridden city with delightfully cheery music works oddly enough. I also just had Peach talk to a computer and goddamn she's hilarious. Third... There's a Dutch localization, that's cool, I've always wondered how rough kids had it here who didn't grow up on English, I only saw the official website but Milleniumport is a cooler name than The Thousand Year Door at least lmao

Shroob

Sup?
I hate to admit it but I have 3 positive things to say about TTYD so far, the vibes of Rogueport are pretty cool, dark crimeridden city with delightfully cheery music works oddly enough. I also just had Peach talk to a computer and goddamn she's hilarious. Third... There's a Dutch localization, that's cool, I've always wondered how rough kids had it here who didn't grow up on English, I only saw the official website but Milleniumport is a cooler name than The Thousand Year Door at least lmao
1716524281859.png

You like TTYD, don't you Gwen?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 389876

You like TTYD, don't you Gwen?
Oh no I absolutely do not enjoy the slow ass combat making everything take forever, coins and EXP are gotten at such a slow pace that it makes them feel even more sluggish, the item limit is stupidly low which makes me end up selling most of them so I can get more badges lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh no I absolutely do not enjoy the slow ass combat making everything take forever, coins and EXP are gotten at such a slow pace that it makes them feel even more sluggish, the item limit is stupidly low which makes me end up selling most of them so I can get more badges lmao
The more I learn about Paper Mario and Pokemon, the more I understand why Nintendo fans hate JRPGs.

Shroob

Sup?
Ah, seen what the new Tattle Logs are.

The majority of them are just "The boss, but again!" ala the Shadow Sirens and Bowser's rematch fights.

Though the XNaut/Fuzzy Horde 100% have them this time. As do the new tutorial enemy.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
  • Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake (this has been rumored for years)
  • Metroid Prime 2 and 3 (rumors say this is happening too)
  • Yoshis Wooly World (another Wii U game that could be brought to switch fairly easily, 3DS
**** I would actually be really excited for all of these

I think Yoshi's Woolly World is the least likely of the bunch but I would love it if it happened, it would straight up invalidate my Wii U along with WW and TP and I'll finally be able to get rid of it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Played the Anton Blast demo a bit ago. It's pretty cool.

Also, my copy of F-Zero GX has been struggling lately.

Shroob

Sup?
Star Fox is a game with soo much potential.

But nah, let's tell the same story from Star Fox on the SNES for the .....4th time?

I get that Adventure was a slapdash game that was never meant to actually be a Star Fox game to begin with, and that Command is... a mess, especially since it has like 14 different endings and none of them are confirmed to actually be canon, but why can't we just... continue the story that Assault told? Hell, throw in elements from Star Fox 2 now that it's technically been released.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Star Fox is such a weird series to me cause it's one of the original 8 series in Smash, but it's so much more niche at this point. Metroid had its periods of dormancy but it's clear that Nintendo knows what it's doing with the series. Star Fox is just "throw stuff at the wall every few years and see what sticks"

I don't really have a huge connection to the series either in comparison to the other 7. I played 64 3D and liked it just fine but I'm not really clamoring for more, and I think a lot of my generation feels this way cause I'd be very surprised to meet a big Star Fox fan under 30

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Starfox seemed to be at it's most successful in it's early years when it's gameplay and graphics actually stood out, while Adventures and Assault seemed to be more successful for changing things up considerably and adding some new well-received characters.

Since then, it's either struggled to find it's own identity or just faltered in either it's storytelling, gameplay,, or both. I haven't really played any games in the series besides 64, but based on what I know about it the series definitely still has potential, and I'd like to see it reach more of that potential for improved games and story, and also hopefully rejoin Nintendo's usual line-up of flagship series once again as result.

...At the end of the day, though, the series is at least still in a better state than F-Zero.

Shroob

Sup?
Starfox seemed to be at it's most successful in it's early years when it's gameplay and graphics actually stood out, while Adventures and Assault seemed to be more successful for changing things up considerably and adding some new well-received characters.

Since then, it's either struggled to find it's own identity or just faltered in either it's storytelling, gameplay,, or both. I haven't really played any games in the series besides 64, but based on what I know about it the series definitely still has potential, and I'd like to see it reach more of that potential for improved games and story, and also hopefully rejoin Nintendo's usual line-up of flagship series once again as result.

...At the end of the day, though, the series is at least still in a better state than F-Zero.
It wouldn't even be hard. You're in space, the place of near infinite potential.

But the issue is, it's like they're scared of moving too far away from the whole Andross storyline, and when they do like in Command, it's just a jumbled mess that gives us like 12 different endings that all contradict one another that never will be followed up on.

The next time we see Star Fox, if ever, I swear there's gonna be a "Somehow, Andross returned."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It wouldn't even be hard. You're in space, the place of near infinite potential.

But the issue is, it's like they're scared of moving too far away from the whole Andross storyline, and when they do like in Command, it's just a jumbled mess that gives us like 12 different endings that all contradict one another that never will be followed up on.

The next time we see Star Fox, if ever, I swear there's gonna be a "Somehow, Andross returned."
Bowser always lives, K. Rool always does as well, Ganondorf either gets revived or reincarnated, and Ridley and his clone have both returned several.times over, sometimes without explanation in the former's case.

Andross returning again would be fine in of itself, imo. He's the overarching Big Bad and the heroes' arch-enemy, so I get. It sounds like rhwg just need to do something new with the story and his character if they do.

...That said, yeah, they need to tread lightly with the multiple endings thing if they go that route again in later games. Having 12 to 13 drastically different endings is way too much.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Bowser always lives, K. Rool always does as well, Ganondorf either gets revived or reincarnated, and Ridley and his clone have both returned several.times over, sometimes without explanation in the former's case.

Andross returning again would be fine in of itself, imo. He's the overarching Big Bad and the heroes' arch-enemy, so I get. It sounds like rhwg just need to do something new with the story and his character if they do.

...That said, yeah, they need to tread lightly with the multiple endings thing if they go that route again in later games. Having 12 to 13 drastically different endings is way too much.
Ehhh, Ridley's always had reason, Metroid's timeline is just weird. You just gotta remember it goes: OG Metroid > Prime Trilogy > Metroid 2(3DS one) > Super and then he's ****ing dead and it's his clone in Other M/Fusion.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ehhh, Ridley's always had reason, Metroid's timeline is just weird. You just gotta remember it goes: OG Metroid > Prime Trilogy > Metroid 2(3DS one) > Super and then he's ****ing dead and it's his clone in Other M/Fusion.
I wonder when Prime 4 will take place

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did they ever explain how he survived exploding in the first game/Zero Mission?

...Actually, now that you mention it, it makes.sense that's probably just for gameplay and graphical limitations and that
he actually wasn't completely obliterated in-universe lmao.

Shroob

Sup?
Hell, honestly, if they WANT to, they could even bring Ridley back with the excuse of "Oh, a space pirate ship escaped Zebes at the last second and Ridley had been laying low for years."

I wonder when Prime 4 will take place
Depends on how different the game's story has changed over time I guess. I honestly expect a drastic change from whatever they were planning at the end of Prime 3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A Nina drawing I did that I wasn't too happy with, but I'll share most of my art as it is anyway. It DID make me draw another Nina Williams like right after, which I was MUCH happier with. You'll see that one soon enough.

Also, if you haven't yet, I would recommend watching Sand Land and Scavenger's Reign. Sand Land is from Akira Toriyama and is on Hulu in the States, dunno which countries specifically went to Disney Plus instead though. Scavenger's Reign is like a Sci-Fi Horror animated series on HBOMax if any of you guys have that. Assuming you all just don't Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A Nina drawing I did that I wasn't too happy with, but I'll share most of my art as it is anyway. It DID make me draw another Nina Williams like right after, which I was MUCH happier with. You'll see that one soon enough.

I liked the pose here. It really fits the expression of Nina. Looking forward to the other version.

Top Bottom