• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's basically what Im doing right now, going through my backlog and slowly chipping away at it. Said backlog mostly consists of games I own either on Switch or PC, even ones I have no recollection of buying

My physical Switch collection is first on the chopping block and I hope to finish most of it by 2025
Yeah, most the games I own are RPGs or quick single player games so it shouldn't take too long.

And then I have Stardew Valley.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Being real Fire Emblem is probably top 8 in terms of biggest Nintendo franchises nowadays.

Like I put Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon ahead of it and that's about it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also it looks like the Fallout Power Armor, will not be in the Battle Pass.

Or maybe it is and the art doesn’t show it.
I think it is almost certainly the secret skin

They made a special teaser for the Power Armor

and they sometimes don't have the secret skin in the key art

Korra is in this season's battle pass, but was not in the art.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bingus???
Bingo
I kinda stopped with the whole digital vs physical thing but I tend to make larger purchases physical while smaller purchases are digital. My biggest exceptions was Smash Ult for no reason outside of laziness, DQ11 cause I just got to college, and Origami King cause the pandemic and everything was shut down.

Oh and Splatoon 3 cause I was in college.

And Legends Arceus cause I was in college.

And SV cause I was in... yeah maybe I really don't care.
Idk when this convo happend but I love digitsl games. Less plastic in the dump and more space in my room

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My 3DS's memory card stopped working recently and I'm beating myself up for only having a few physical games for that system cause now everything else is just gone

Shroob

Sup?
So weird that Nintendo ported a bunch of Wii U games over to the Switch and recently started porting and remastering so many GameCube games but never re-released Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD
Guessing they didn't want to go through the hassle of removing the gamepad integration from em, or all the Miiverse stuff from TP?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Guessing they didn't want to go through the hassle of removing the gamepad integration from em, or all the Miiverse stuff from TP?
I'm not a gamedev but I really doubt it would be a huge deal, I played Wind Waker for a bit with just a pro controller and it functions just fine

As for Twilight Princess, I haven't played it but something tells me Miiverse support isn't that essential to the game

Jondolio

Smash Hero
God, please.

The Switch has become a haven for Gamecube boomers like me.

Sunshine, Wind Waker, Pikmin 1+2, and TTYD would be such a huge get on a modern console.
Don't forget about Metroid Prime

I went from not having a single GameCube game under my belt to having 2 and a half this year, and had an amazing time with all of them. Now granted two of them were Pikmin and were just straight ports but still, I always appreciate easier access to older games

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not a gamedev but I really doubt it would be a huge deal, I played Wind Waker for a bit with just a pro controller and it functions just fine

As for Twilight Princess, I haven't played it but something tells me Miiverse support isn't that essential to the game
The WiiU version of TP added a ton of new treasure chests with Miiverse stamps in them.

They'd either need to remove all said chests, or put something new in em prob.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So weird that Nintendo ported a bunch of Wii U games over to the Switch and recently started porting and remastering so many GameCube games but never re-released Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD
Those two have to happen eventually. They would be a fairly simple port that would undoubtedly sell really well. And I know we've been saying this basically every year since 2018, but it'll probably happen this year. We have a whole lot of Literally Nothing releasing for the rest of the year.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean the Miiverse stamps were kept for Mario 3D World but without the Miiverse functionality, they could just do something like that
Fair enough.

I've been waffling around if I wanna get Pikmin 1+2, I've heard that Pikmin 1's port is a bit... shoddy, especially when it comes to Yellow Pikmin and how they handle bomb rocks.

That and my Switch and Micro SD are running out of space lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fair enough.

I've been waffling around if I wanna get Pikmin 1+2, I've heard that Pikmin 1's port is a bit... shoddy, especially when it comes to Yellow Pikmin and how they handle bomb rocks.

That and my Switch and Micro SD are running out of space lol.
I played Pikmin 1 for the first time on Switch and I had a great time with it. I don't have the GameCube version to compare it to but it's functional if nothing else, and I heard they fixed some bugs from the Wii version.
Those two have to happen eventually. They would be a fairly simple port that would undoubtedly sell really well. And I know we've been saying this basically every year since 2018, but it'll probably happen this year. We have a whole lot of Literally Nothing releasing for the rest of the year.
Man I hope you're right cause I wanna play both of these games and booting up my Wii U in 2024 is just depressing, I'm embarrassed to even own this thing

Shroob

Sup?
I thought it was the Switch port of Pikmin 2 that was a bit scuffed with the dungeon generation and no real world capitalism in my Pikmin game
Yellow Pikmin in 1 are kinda, braindead.

They take a LOT longer to throw bombrocks, and in the Emperor Bulblax fight, it's extremely hard to go deathless due to it.

That, and the fight's actually harder since it's stunned for less time if it eats a Pikmin and Bomb Rock at the same time.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I thought it was the Switch port of Pikmin 2 that was a bit scuffed with the dungeon generation and no real world capitalism in my Pikmin game
I'm going to fistfight whoever was responsible for the cave generation

They also removed Ai no Uta, an iconic Pikmin song that the Pikmin occasionally sing because the license deal expired which is a shame because I love that song, but otherwise it's still a functional version of Pikmin 2. Problem is, it's Pikmin 2

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now here's what I find funny:

The Wii U was build off preexisting Wii hardware and software. Which in turn ran off preexisting Gamecibe hardware and software. Modders found out that the Wii U can play GameCube games natively with almost no issue whatsoever. Nintendo refused to release Gamecube games on virtual console. They did release Wii games on the virtual console even though the Wii U was already backwards compatible with Wii games from the jump. And to ice the deal, they re-released Gamecube controllers... and it only worked with ONE game.

Meanwhile, the Switch, which has 0 backward compatibility and an subscription service for their old games, releases Gamecube games that can play natively and you can own forever. Also the Gamecube Controller works for a multitude of titles.

Truly one of the companies of all time.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Now here's what I find funny:

The Wii U was build off preexisting Wii hardware and software. Which in turn ran off preexisting Gamecibe hardware and software. Modders found out that the Wii U can play GameCube games natively with almost no issue whatsoever. Nintendo refused to release Gamecube games on virtual console. They did release Wii games on the virtual console even though the Wii U was already backwards compatible with Wii games from the jump. And to ice the deal, they re-released Gamecube controllers... and it only worked with ONE game.

Meanwhile, the Switch, which has 0 backward compatibility and an subscription service for their old games, releases Gamecube games that can play natively and you can own forever. Also the Gamecube Controller works for a multitude of titles.

Truly one of the companies of all time.
This is why I have my doubts about WW and TP releasing this year. It makes all the sense in the world, which is why they probably won't do it

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly tho, what DOES Nintendo even have this year?

SMT Vengeance drops next month and then....... what? Pokemon ain't til sometime next year, there has to be something to fill the gap.
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon remake next month. I wasn't gonna pick it up but then my 3DS died so now I have no way of playing the game anymore, so I might grab it eventually.

Otherwise I got nothing

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon remake next month. I wasn't gonna pick it up but then my 3DS died so now I have no way of playing the game anymore, so I might grab it eventually.

Otherwise I got nothing
So basically, after June we don't know **** til prob like... Feb for Pokemon.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So basically, after June we don't know **** til prob like... Feb for Pokemon.
I'm personally cool with it, it gives me more time to work on my backlog and less incentive to buy more games.

I assume they're gonna hold a June direct and show off some neat stuff here and there but if not? Well I'm a Nintendo fan so I'll complain, but I won't actually care

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also the Gamecube Controller works for a multitude of titles.
Technically it works with every game, provided you don't actually need ZL...or Select...or clickable thumbsticks.

Mario Odyssey works fine, but Splatoon does not.

Top Bottom