• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think you could make Space Invaders into a Smash fighter?
Question, out of either the Skeledirge line or the Meowscarada line, who’d have more interesting playstyle potential for Smash or a platform fighter in general?
Meowscarada no doubt. Yo yo magician zorro with plant powers? Sign me up!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Question, out of either the Skeledirge line or the Meowscarada line, who’d have more interesting playstyle potential for Smash or a platform fighter in general?
I love Skeledirge but it's a big, slow fatass who probably can't jump for ****. Meanwhile Meowscarada's got all its ****boy magic tricks so you could probably make a cool gimmicky moveset out of that.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I shouldn’t have laughed
I can’t believe Greg Heffley has cancer

As much as i don’t like this show as someone on the spectrum, it has its amusing moments

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would agree but truth is I kinda don't doubt this given the report that they didn't get royalities from Mania (and clearly didn't pay enough given they needed funding for another game), as well as the fact that Sega did kinda **** over the Mania team again with Sonic Origins going off what Stealth said.

This isn't me siding with Zippo, but rather that I believe Sega may have ****ed things up. Wouldn't be the first time either.
I get your mindset but like. Devs do not get royalties. It's why people who worked on Terf Wars Slave Owning Legacy said "Hey saying you just want to support the devs as an excuse for buying this doesn't check out". That's just capitalism, Stealth was also happy to report that he's working on Plus and assuring fans that the game's getting fixed. Sega does fumble the bag a comical amount of times but I'd sooner take Kishimoto's word on plans for more 2D games in the future

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love Skeledirge but it's a big, slow fatass who probably can't jump for ****. Meanwhile Meowscarada's got all its ****boy magic tricks so you could probably make a cool gimmicky moveset out of that.
I do find it amusing its basically a magician yet it’s more of a physical attacker

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just realized about the next nintendo direct coming soon for the summer. I don't want to open pandora's box for some, but I'm wondering what games would be announced.
Screenshot_20221115-081503_YouTube.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just realized about the next nintendo direct coming soon for the summer. I don't want to open pandora's box for some, but I'm wondering what games would be announced.
View attachment 371919
A mostly reliable guy implied the next Direct is in September. Makes sense as Nintendo's got what they consider some of their biggest titles front and center with Zelda and Pikmin out and want to focus almost exclusively on that

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm pretty sure Iron Hands beats Mighty Chesnaught through and through.

Edit: And cheese stick man too for that matter.
I'm thinking Gholdengo might be the wave, just because Chesnaught has stupid physical defense.

Or maybe it's just gonna be ape time again. Who knows.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm thinking Gholdengo might be the wave, just because Chesnaught has stupid physical defense.

Or maybe it's just gonna be ape time again. Who knows.
Honestly, this is the one raid I'm not evenly remotely excited for. While I do like Chesnaught, I would rather much have Delphox.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The car ride scene is PEAK.

But yeah the Euphoric Brothers are extremely sus.

Let alone they made a game about school shootings that involved "Gen Z humor".
I haven't finished watching the third game yet, but it's been fun watching Jacksepticeye slowly but surely lose his sanity and patience as he plays through each of the games.

It's like watching Markiplier's playthrough of Security Breach, only Jack is more vocal about his criticisms and the blatant flaws of the game.

But yeah, that other game alone is not a good sign for them as developers.

This game is such ass, a fan remade the game and it was actually terrifying.

That alone is funny as hell.
For what it's worth, I do think the first two games have their moments. Namely, the ominous build-up to the creepy Squid Game-style playground with oddly human-shaped trees being slowly lit up from pure darkness, the spider chase, and the giant blank-face snake thing in the liminal hotel/Backrooms area.

The games and their concept had potential but the developers truly don't seem to care enough to polish it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Once again promoting the poll for my article. If yall want to fill it out feel free ^_^
Surprised Annihilape wasn't brought up, I would've voted for him

Shroob

Sup?
I haven't finished watching the third game yet, but it's been fun watching Jacksepticeye slowly but surely lose his sanity and patience as he plays through each of the games.

It's like watching Markiplier's playthrough of Security Breach, only Jack is more vocal about his criticisms and the blatant flaws of the game.

But yeah, that other game alone is not a good sign for them as developers.

For what it's worth, I do think the first two games have their moments. Namely, the ominous build-up to the creepy Squid Game-style playground with oddly human-shaped trees being slowly lit up from pure darkness, the spider chase, and the giant blank-face snake thing in the liminal hotel/Backrooms area.

The games and their concept had potential but the developers truly don't seem to care enough to polish it.
His name is Zolphius and he is a good boi.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Her character arc is beautiful.

She gets a family and becomes racist
Appears
Doesn't explain anything
Demands you feed it
Proceeds to ****ing die
Comes back with a family
Becomes racist
Partakes in the newest Fast and Furious movie
****ing dies(Again)

Truly, gaming has never been graced with a more nuanced character before this moment.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Feels odd to not pick up a new mainline Zelda game for the first time in a long time. But I couldn't get into Breath of the Wild at all so it is what it is.

I'll use this time to finish my playthrough of Immortals: Fenyx Rising instead.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What do I hope in a new Nintendo Direct?

I think a 2D Zelda would be pretty cool. I love RPGs so I truthfully have zero issues seeing more of them (but I got a huge backlog so getting more ain't happening). Wouldn't mind a new DKC game either.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've already preordered Tears of the Kingdom but I'll probably have to wait to play it anyway because my mom is coming to visit and I have to get the apartment ready.

Bleh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What do I hope in a new Nintendo Direct?

I think a 2D Zelda would be pretty cool. I love RPGs so I truthfully have zero issues seeing more of them (but I got a huge backlog so getting more ain't happening). Wouldn't mind a new DKC game either.
As a Fire Emblem fan who has heard the juicy rumours, I, well...
FmPphC1XoAc-p_3.jpeg

I have certain expectations.

New 2D game would be cool, one like Zelda 2 could unironically go hard

Top Bottom