• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Garden of Banban is 2023 horror game.

That's it. It's a 2023 horror game.

...Actually, it's a game I think is actually kinda worth talking about. It feels like one of those games that really has potential because it has a few creative ideas and does have a few genuinely creepy moments, but it's bogged down by unpolished and wonky gameplay along with a few really questionable attempts at scares.

Instead, it just ends up being a game that feels oddly unfinished and offers more than a few unintentional; laughs amongst what would otherwise be a creepy atmosphere. When I see released games with this much unrealized potential like this, I wish the developers had done more for it, but w/e.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just decided that for my reworked movesets project, I was going to completely rework most of Zelda's kit to use her Rapier and Light magic from Hyrule Warriors. I'm either a genius or stupid... not sure if i'll do something similar with Sheik and that knife she wields...

Shroob

Sup?
The Garden of Banban is 2023 horror game.

That's it. It's a 2023 horror game.

...Actually, it's a game I think is actually kinda worth talking about. It feels like one of those games that really has potential because it has a few creative ideas and does have a few genuinely creepy moments, but it's bogged down by unpolished and wonky gameplay along with a few really questionable attempts at scares.

Instead, it just ends up being a game that feels oddly unfinished and offers more than a few unintentional; laughs amongst what would otherwise be a creepy atmosphere. When I see released games with this much unrealized potential like this, I wish the developers had done more for it, but w/e.
The car ride scene is PEAK.

But yeah the Euphoric Brothers are extremely sus.

Let alone they made a game about school shootings that involved "Gen Z humor".

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think the brothers honestly started out trying to make a 'scary' game, but they've gone full self referential and meme now. The god damn car ride scene with racist Banban and Opila Bird.
I'll admit, when the jellyfish said something like "I am struggling to locate the being who requested your opinion"

That was good **** :4wario2:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What would you have them do, then?
I don’t know. Some sort of MK crossover or maybe a far back prequel. Ideally I’d have them make a different fighter with a different IP but if they’re set on doing a new MK right away, they could at least put a twist on it.

Plus with how meh 11 was and what WB games did with Multiversus and that Suicide Squade game…

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
that’s depressing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seeing rumors that Sonic Mania 2 was cancelled over pay disputes amd Sega being Sega.

Like Ik it's a Zippo leak and I always had the feeling that there was never gonna be a Sonic Mania 2 because of just that and yet my day is ruined hearing this.
Bro why listen to such blatant delusions "Ooooh Sega and Headcannon are not on good terms so Mania 2 got cancelled! Please just don't look at who Sega hired to help with Sonic Origins and the upcoming Sonic Origins Plus, it would destroy my nonexistant credibility even further"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bro why listen to such blatant delusions "Ooooh Sega and Headcannon are not on good terms so Mania 2 got cancelled! Please just don't look at who Sega hired to help with Sonic Origins and the upcoming Sonic Origins Plus, it would destroy my nonexistant credibility even further"
I would agree but truth is I kinda don't doubt this given the report that they didn't get royalities from Mania (and clearly didn't pay enough given they needed funding for another game), as well as the fact that Sega did kinda **** over the Mania team again with Sonic Origins going off what Stealth said.

This isn't me siding with Zippo, but rather that I believe Sega may have ****ed things up. Wouldn't be the first time either.

Top Bottom