• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
don't really see myself finishing Adventure 2. I would basically have to start all over since I haven't touched the game in years
You say this like it's bad thing. Like, oh no, gotta go through City Escape, Metal Harbor, Security Hall and Cosmic Wall again, oh nooooooo...
my most vivid memory of it being the spike pit in the penultimate level
If that bothers you then you should probably ignore the other Advance games, 3's got some real ****y level design and 2 has a boss that just OHKOs you and I simply do not accept that idea

Noipoi

Howdy!
Iirc it's only legally available on XBox.

Since you know... Sega does severe damage control and removes all games with a below 60 Metacritic score.
Which is bull**** by the way.

Unleashed isn’t a perfect game, but it deserves way better than the score it got. Unfortunately we were still two years out from 06 and it was peak “**** on Sonic” hours, so everyone just goofed on the werehog and left it at that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I'm not sure I'll play every game I got recommended but to recap:

Adventure 2
Heroes
Rush
Rush Adventure
Unleashed
Black Knight
Colors
Superstars

I should really into the IDW comics though, I have the first three volumes and I've only read the first

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I should really into the IDW comics though, I have the first three volumes and I've only read the first
Ooooh the IDW stuff is pretty damn good, I'd say it peaks early on but the first major story arc caters to me specifically so, I can't think of any bad OCs in the comics and I'd love to see them in the games more. Rip Freedom Fighters I guess but Tangle, Whisper, Starline, Surge and Kit? Amazing

Noipoi

Howdy!
As a Sonic Comic aficionado (reason #500 why I'm single) I can say that the IDW comics are pretty damn good.

...But they do feel a bit restrained at times. SEGA mandates dictating what characters can and can't do definitely makes it feel a tiny bit subdued. And the fact that the comics are canon, meaning they can never have events that go beyond the game series, can throw the pacing off. But when the comic is firing on all cylinders it goes crazy hard, the action's great, the new characters are fun, and it's just a rad comic.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also in case you're wondering why I consider myself a big Sonic fan even though I haven't played that many of the games, it's cause Sonic X was one of my childhood shows. I wasn't allowed to watch it much but it really stuck with me, and years later it led me down a rabbit hole that probably wasn't good for me at the long run but now that I'm past my cringe era I can look at this stupid franchise and say with confidence that I love it more than some members of my family

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I'm not sure I'll play every game I got recommended but to recap:

Adventure 2
Heroes
Rush
Rush Adventure
Unleashed
Black Knight
Colors
Superstars

I only recommend Black Knight if you want to try a storybook game. If you don't care, don't bother.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyone know how to get the walrus guy to restock his inventory in the Rogueport area? I still need a couple badges of his.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve been watching Kaiju No 8 and it’s been really good. Love the story and show. Gives me attack on Titan/One punch man vibes.

I can’t get over how much the main character sounds like Eddy from Ed Edd and Eddy lmao

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Iirc it's only legally available on XBox.

Since you know... Sega does severe damage control and removes all games with a below 60 Metacritic score.
I looked it up earlier. Odd. I thought the game was running well or even improved in some areas of itself. On PlayStation Now.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone know how to get the walrus guy to restock his inventory in the Rogueport area? I still need a couple badges of his.
Every time you leave the city and come back, his wares change. So take the pipe to a different area and come back, and his inventory will be refreshed

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

Adventure 2
Heroes
Rush
Rush Adventure
Unleashed
Black Knight
Colors
Superstars

I'd also highly recommend Sonic Lost World if you'd like to try a Sonic game with a different formula from the normal stuff. It's got some really interesting level design, beautiful artwork, excellent music and you've heard me defend the Deadly Six a lot by now lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'd also highly recommend Sonic Lost World if you'd like to try a Sonic game with a different formula from the normal stuff. It's got some really interesting level design, beautiful artwork, excellent music and you've heard me defend the Deadly Six a lot by now lol
Probably not gonna play it but I respect the dedication to the things you love

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When it comes to Sonic games, I think there's two games that everyone has to try, and that's Sonic 3&K and Adventure 2. Imo, both are the two most important games of the franchise in terms of the future and the tone it set for the rest of the games.

With that said, Adventure 2 isn't a top 5 Sonic game imo. But still, I say every Sonic fan should at least beat the game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I might also replay the og genesis games, haven't played them in years. Gonna wait for when Origins plus is on sale

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Society needs to stop being afraid of the Trackball and play Segasonic The Hedgehog

(also the game is bad)
The final level is genuine bs, Sega really want to guzzle the quarters. Never beat the game despite the many attempts I did.

Jokes on Sega though, the arcade that carried this was one lf those where it was a one time fee. Shoutouts to the largest arcade in the world for the best bang for your buck.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard about the trackball in Segasonic the Hedgehog today I'd have 3 nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened thrice
I'm a generous guy, so take one more.

The trackball sucks.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So apparently my steam account that has Sonic Adventure 2 is the one I'm currently using. Guess I have no excuse, I'll play it once I beat Frontiers.

Also Colors Ultimate and Origins Plus are now on my wishlist, I know those are flawed versions of these games but I'm the type of gal who pays extra for bad effort ports because I'm lazy

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Which is bull**** by the way.

Unleashed isn’t a perfect game, but it deserves way better than the score it got. Unfortunately we were still two years out from 06 and it was peak “**** on Sonic” hours, so everyone just goofed on the werehog and left it at that.
Tbf the Werehog did suck but it was Sega's call to delist all the games.

Now if you ask me they should put them back, it's been about two decades but you know they won't

KillerCage

Smash Master
No I have not. I've been also wanting to get around to watching the original Ultraman which I got the complete series of but haven't gotten around to it yet since I'm busy with other movies and shows I'm watching.

Is seeing the original series to get an idea of the movie required?
I got some general references (via pop culture osmosis), but otherwise I went in blind and had no problems understanding it as I think it was made for newcomers in mind.
I actually think it's a decent Father's Day movie.

Top Bottom