• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Okay but what if they make a cartoon based on Bloons Tower Defense that goes more intense than the game itself, gives the Heroes some fun characters, and expands on the lore?

Arcane crossed with M*A*S*H with monkeys, maybe

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay but what if they make a cartoon based on Bloons Tower Defense that goes more intense than the game itself, gives the Heroes some fun characters, and expands on the lore?

Arcane crossed with M*A*S*H with monkeys, maybe
How do you even come up with this stuff?

I mean I'd watch the hell out of it (Bloon Tower Defense 3 best flash game all time) but still

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Decided to scrap most of my cross-gen evolutions from my Fakemon region. I currently only have 3 regular cross-gen evolutions (Parasect, Ledian, and Komala) and 2 regional evolutions (Numel and Mightyena).

Tbh I don't think I'll do more regular cross-gen evolutions since I gave it to the mons that needed it most in my opinion, but I might do more regional evolutions.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here's the thing about The Flash.

WB's is losing money fast. Cancelling near completed movies is a good way to waste a big budget (and also burn bridges). They can't do that. They can recast, but that'll also cast time and money and we know WB doesn't wanna spend more. They're cheap like that. Thus Ezra's Flash is (unfortunately and really shouldn't be) staying for now.

As for why DC refuses to recast them in future projects is beyond me. It's kinda more annoying for me given that Ray Fisher got blacklisted for less.
Cancelling Batgirl had already burned bridges amongst fans (and harming their brand) that had anticipation before it was pulled out and I am aware that WB cannot afford to spend any more money etc.

In addition, I believe James Gunn said that their films will not just connect with their tv slate but also to future video games and even though I understand what they are trying to do, but at the same time it is rather ambitious.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Im putting a ring on this mans fingerView attachment 367427
I need to
I just got to the chapter where you recruit him( I know I’m slow to get through this game lol), but he seems interesting. Chloe still S tier though. Made her a griffin knight as the first promotion since everyone else can get substantial buffs without them.

Gave Alfred Sigurd, Anna Noutun from
heroes, and buffed anyone else with rings, or they were already holding it down on their own.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm more upset about them keeping Ezra Miller
Me whenever I see Ezra anywhereView attachment 367423
that’s just the natural feelings to have with him
One of these things is not like the other.

One of these things just doesn’t belong.
and that one is gonna outrun and outlast all of us somehow
A Zionist, an Abuser and an Anti-vaxxer* walk into a bar...

*There are charitable readings of what Zachary Levi said but it is still on the sus end of things and it makes the joke more complete
and then there’s Mamoa serving them beers I suppose
Dammit Gunn, why didn't you fire that loon known as Ezra Miller?

Seriously, that guy needs to be put in a mental hospital...

These are the ones I'm most excited for.
I think WBD specifically wants to keep him, and Gunn/Safran will have no choice but to stay with him
I'm not entirely sure whether keeping the door open for Ezra Miller is wise considering the amount of controversy he had already caused.
controversy is what the bunny’s company lives off of atm
Im putting a ring on this mans fingerView attachment 367427
I need to
I gave mine to Timerra…Chloe and Ivy will be next (but for Falear)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
TheMightyP TheMightyP 's AMA is now up!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We now have one more user left on the AMA list and that person is Jondolio Jondolio ! If they're available, I'll try to get theirs up next Tuesday or so

And after that, I'll officially be putting an end to the AMAs, at least on my end. After doing this for nearly 3 and a half years, I think I'm done. Thanks to y'all who participated, and I hope y'all enjoyed this little past time here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If this is real, What a huge slap in the face to VAs both old and new

tbf it would only affect that specific universe’s version of the character and not every single variant

tho considering the universe’s name is DCU (which is also what DC calls their main stuff as well), it’s easy to accidentally assume the worst

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
tbf it would only affect that specific universe’s version of the character and not every single variant

tho considering the universe’s name is DCU (which is also what DC calls their main stuff as well), it’s easy to accidentally assume the worst
Yeah I've seen other clarifications since

The new stuff sounds neat but there are already branding issues that I think need to be kneaded out before too much longer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Monica with the rise

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Monica with the rise
DESAIX SWEEP BAY-BEEEE

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TheMightyP TheMightyP 's AMA is now up!
Yo ask me questions and stuff, I'm bored

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the lack of actual cutscenes in P3P is too hard to ignore, especially with how amazing the acting is in this game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
the lack of actual cutscenes in P3P is too hard to ignore, especially with how amazing the acting is in this game.
Maybe I'm used to it after P4 spin-offs, as they also use visual novel-like presentation, but that part didn't really bother me as much as say, gameplay changes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe I'm used to it after P4 spin-offs, as they also use visual novel-like presentation, but that part didn't really bother me as much as say, gameplay changes.
I can’t speak on how past things (gameplay and cutscene mainly) were like due to my lack of knowledge past Persona 5, but I feel as if I should worry about how lucky I might’ve been compared to players of old.

Edit: oh wait…forgot that I just learned about P3P having an infinite amount of ongoing retries instead of being limited to 10-30…or the cursed game over screen

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can’t speak on how past things (gameplay and cutscene mainly) were like due to my lack of knowledge past Persona 5, but I feel as if I should worry about how lucky I might’ve been compared to players of old.

Edit: oh wait…forgot that I just learned about P3P having an infinite amount of ongoing retries instead of being limited to 10-30…or the cursed game over screen
Yeah, it's always harder to go back before where you started the series.

Like, I love the story of the first Persona... but characters not having dialogue portraits will never stop bothering me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, it's always harder to go back before where you started the series.

Like, I love the story of the first Persona... but characters not having dialogue portraits will never stop bothering me.
no character portraits? That sounds like a nightmare for a game like that. Tho with the first in mind, I wouldn’t mind playing it if a port ever happened (or watch an anime adaptation at the worst…if that’s a thing)

osby

Smash Obsessed
no character portraits? That sounds like a nightmare for a game like that. Tho with the first in mind, I wouldn’t mind playing it if a port ever happened (or watch an anime adaptation at the worst…if that’s a thing)
Tbf, everyone uses the crop of their official art so they do have dialogue portraits but everyone is locked at a single expression.

Even with its updates, Persona's PSP port was already rough for newer fans when it first came out so I don't know how well-received it would be if they were to release it in this day and age. I'll usually direct people to the manga adaptation as that's pretty good but hardly the optimal way to experience the story.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
We now have one more user left on the AMA list and that person is Jondolio Jondolio ! If they're available, I'll try to get theirs up next Tuesday or so

And after that, I'll officially be putting an end to the AMAs, at least on my end. After doing this for nearly 3 and a half years, I think I'm done. Thanks to y'all who participated, and I hope y'all enjoyed this little past time here.
Sorry, I'm still unavailable this week. I start my semester break in two weeks though so talk to me then.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To add further clarification on Batgirl's cancellation by Peter Safran:

Does Peter not realise that the cancellation of Batgirl hurts DC as a brand, but this also hurts the talent behind the work as well as fans who had anticipated the film?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
To add further clarification on Batgirl's cancellation by Peter Safran:

Does Peter not realise that the cancellation of Batgirl hurts DC as a brand, but this also hurts the talent behind the work as well as fans who had anticipated the film?
To be fair, I doubt he would be allowed to say "damn, it really sucks that they cancelled Batgirl. **** Zaslav". Regardless of how he actually feels, he has to say the company's line to keep his job

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We're one month into 2023. How is it for everyone so far?
Well my gender identity already shattered into a million tiny pieces, so I'd say this year is off to an amazing start.

Can't wait to see what other identity crises the next 11 months will bring. :upsidedown:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To be fair, I doubt he would be allowed to say "damn, it really sucks that they cancelled Batgirl. **** Zaslav". Regardless of how he actually feels, he has to say the company's line to keep his job
I guess that is reasonable for both Safran and Gunn in which they need to be kept in line with Warner Bros and Zaslav's guidelines which is highly understandable in order to keep their jobs like you said.

Curious, but I want to ask to everyone, what do you think of their DCU "Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters" slate?

Last edited:
Top Bottom