• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well my gender identity already shattered into a million tiny pieces, so I'd say this year is off to an amazing start.

Can't wait to see what other identity crises the next 11 months will bring. :upsidedown:
On month twelve, you last identity crisis will be identity theft.

That's right, there's two of you now, and someine's committing fraud.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Dumb as hell lmao

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Dumb as hell lmao
When I am in an absolutely pointless and unnecessary decision competition and my opponent is netflix

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Between this, HBO Max getting gutted, Paramount+ getting gutted, I think its safe ti say streaming services are gonna burst.

Like what's the last bastion? It's just Disney streamin services at this piont (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu) and even then it's not comercially available worldwide

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Between this, HBO Max getting gutted, Paramount+ getting gutted, I think its safe ti say streaming services are gonna burst.

Like what's the last bastion? It's just Disney streamin services at this piont (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu) and even then it's not comercially available worldwide
Physical media may live another day

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

1. Paramount+ is not shutting down. They’re just forcing Showtime on the service (right now it’s an optional add on).

2. Don’t forget NBCUniversal’s service gutting the free tier and becoming paid only!

Edit: That said both Showtime and Paramount+ removed a few shows recently

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Crazy how HBO Max had an easy sweep set up and then Zaslav said “nah fam, we losing tonight”

One of the biggest fumbles of all time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Forgot to post Yesterday's piece. But here's today's drawing. A Leonardo sketch. Did a whole scene more or less so that's why it became a personal favorite of the rougher sketches.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tbf, everyone uses the crop of their official art so they do have dialogue portraits but everyone is locked at a single expression.

Even with its updates, Persona's PSP port was already rough for newer fans when it first came out so I don't know how well-received it would be if they were to release it in this day and age. I'll usually direct people to the manga adaptation as that's pretty good but hardly the optimal way to experience the story.
the lack of variety expression is what makes it an oof. Also I can see how new people back then would find it rough (yeah I’m shifting the blame to you Tartarus bosses), but these new ports seem to have made it easier and less rough
right as all of Louder and Prouder season 2 releases…Oscar is a good enough man

Paramount+’s merger with its Showtime product aside, there’s Amazon Prime and the WWE Network (or all of Peacock for us unlucky Americans)
1. Paramount+ is not shutting down. They’re just forcing Showtime on the service (right now it’s an optional add on).

2. Don’t forget NBCUniversal’s service gutting the free tier and becoming paid only!

Edit: That said both Showtime and Paramount+ removed a few shows recently
nobody was willingly watching Fairly Odder anyways

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
nobody was willingly watching Fairly Odder anyways
From what I understand, most of the lamenting was around the 2019 Twilight Zone reboot getting pulled.

Fairly Odder was celebrated for leaving the service.

Harper House I haven’t heard anything about. Guess that means it was the least noteworthy.

Unrelated: Game Vouchers are back in NA for Switch Online users.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I guess that is reasonable for both Safran and Gunn in which they need to be kept in line with Warner Bros and Zaslav's guidelines which is highly understandable in order to keep their jobs like you said.

Curious, but I want to ask to everyone, what do you think of their DCU "Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters" slate?
I'm a little unsure about how pre-existing franchises will be handled (going by the comment before the reveals, it seems like Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 will be in the same continuity as the upcoming movies, so does this mean that Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, etc. will still be played by the same actors?), but I'm excited for what we've seen.

Not so sure about the Authority or Creature Commandos (I know absolutely nothing about either one), but the movie announcements are giving me reasons to look into All-Star Superman, Grant Morrison's Batman (I had already started reading the Grayson-as-Batman arc, but I might go back earlier), Supergirl: World of Tomorrow (I liked most of what I've read of Tom King's work, though Rorschach didn't grab me), and Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.

Shame that Green Lantern and Booster Gold are TV series, and that Green Lantern seems to be a relatively low-budget affair, but it also means that there's more time to develop those characters, and they can be added into future storylines without any issues. (if there's a scene at the end of Flash showing how the universe changed thanks to his time travel shenanigans, I'm hoping to see one or both of those Green Lanterns in the Justice League, even if it's just in the background)

Hopefully Nightwing is also involved in the new Batman movie, and I'm looking forward to seeing a hopeful, optimistic Superman for the first time in a long time. (maybe Henry Cavill could have done better with better material, but there's no way to salvage Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor - seriously, I get they were going for a "modern tech bro" portrayal, but he lacked any sense of intimidation, charisma, or intelligence, even in the extended cut that focused more on the Superman side)

On a related note, along with the Flash changing Superman and Batman's personal timelines accidentally, I'm expecting that Cyborg's also going to be removed from the Justice League, because it seems safe to say that Ray Fisher won't be back. (he's burned every bridge that he can at WB, even with people who had nothing to do with his treatment on Justice League) Maybe they could replace him with Martian Manhunter in the rebooted universe - from the brief snippets that we saw of him, I think that his already-established actor would make for a good fit.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
More stuff about E3:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From what I understand, most of the lamenting was around the 2019 Twilight Zone reboot getting pulled.

Fairly Odder was celebrated for leaving the service.

Harper House I haven’t heard anything about. Guess that means it was the least noteworthy.

Unrelated: Game Vouchers are back in NA for Switch Online users.
Twilight Zone getting scrapped…yeah that's reasonable, and I ain’t heard of the last one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What are these results?

We don’t need another Corrin alt tbh. Also why is the current villain OC here? How is horny so powerful that she beat out every other Waifu OC who have had years to try and win.Gulvaegg is going to be released anyway, so I don’t understand this one.

I guess the Askr Trio are dead. No alts from them because they aren’t winning for at least the next 3 years. Which sucks, because they really deserve them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top Bottom