• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do we really need a Shrek 5 tho?

And while I rather they kept Kung Fu Panda as a trilogy, I give it benefit of the doubt since you can tell more story from that and the fact they planned and written this new trilogy since KFP3.

Kung Fu Panda has more story potential.

Shrek is just milking out the cow at this point.

Sounds like nobody ever told you the world was gonna roll you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey if y'all want Shrek to end up the same route as what eventually came to Ice Age. More power for ya then...

I already see a similar trend going down this route.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey if y'all want Shrek to end up the same route as what eventually came to Ice Age. More power for ya then...

Bold to assume they couldn’t pull off a 98
Percent like Boots is right now. They’ve had plenty of time to work on a good sequel to shrek or rebootish movie.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

grrr im so mad they compromised on the artistic integrity of the ice age ip. it was the one bastion of intellectual thought left in our modern hellscape before they made Ice age 3, plunging us into the dark age of media.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
grrr im so mad they compromised on the artistic integrity of the ice age ip. it was the one bastion of intellectual thought left in our modern hellscape before they made Ice age 4, plunging us into the dark age of media.
Fixed that for you.

The first three were good. After that was when Ice Age began to downhill.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Eeehh It's been a nearly decade long gap since the last Shrek, and in that time, the landscape has long changed. There's a lot a fifth film could potentially do.

The first film was basically a direct response to the Disney Renaissance. And assuming we've kinda just had a second age of that with the likes of Tangled, Frozen and the like, animated fairytales are kinda a big deal again. Think there's a lot Shrek 5 could potentially pull from there.

Heck, sequels and reboots have been a big thing, why not parody that with one of your own?

it's been 12+ years since the last outing. I think enough time has passed. I'm not asking for it to fully continue again, just at least Shrek 5 to see the ol friends again after a long while.

And hey, assuming **** in boots 2 just got glowing reviews, I'm sure if you get the sameish team, they could do Shrek 5 justice.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
grrr im so mad they compromised on the artistic integrity of the ice age ip. it was the one bastion of intellectual thought left in our modern hellscape before they made Ice age 3, plunging us into the dark age of media.
haha funny squirrel chase nut

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Truth be told. Ice Age easily could have just been a standalone film (Which honestly it really felt like) and would have worked better being that, but I didn't mind the second and third films for what they were.
it's been 12+ years since the last outing. I think enough time has passed. I'm not asking for it to fully continue again. Just at least Shrek 5 to see the ol friends again.
As long as they don't make more after this fifth one, I'd be fine with just as long as they don't screw it up.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I feel like Antz gets a lot of novelty points for being "The first DreamWorks Animation movie", and it's funny to look back on in retrospect

Disney started with Snow White
Pixar started with Toy Story
Blue Sky started with Ice Age
Illumination started with Despicable Me
DreamWorks started with... Antz

And to think they mostly only pushed it up cuz Disney was releasing Bug's Life too close to Prince of Egypt, so they moved Antz up in retaliation, giving us a weird moment in late '98 with 4 major animated films (the other being the Rugrats Movie) releasing in the span of about 2 months, with two of em being cgi and focusing on ants.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Antagonist? Interesting because I thought the original rumor was he would be playable.
Sorry, I misread. It just said he'll appear without naming the role. The antagonist part I read was actually referring to his Wrecking Crew appearance.

But like I said before, maybe no new details are known about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2022 is such a wild ass year because "V-Tuber Patrick Star roasts NFL Quarterback Russell Wilson on live television" is a legit sentence that has just happened.
I should note that after this happened the head coach got fired immediately.

"Patrick Star costs an NFL head coach his job" is also a legit sentence that just happened

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
What did you guys prefer?

Antz or A Bug's Life?
A Bug's Life has the worst modern animated love interest in history, but eh I dunno it's still a Pixar movie y'know? Plus it's darn respectable for being the second movie they ever did. If not for Bug's Life we'd probably never get Soul and Luca and that's a world I DO NOT WANNA LIVE IN

As for Shrek 5...well considering how well-reviewed Cat in Footwear 2 has been, I'm pretty optimistic

Regardless, Dreamworks isn't really a company I hyperfixate on, but Trolls solos all other 2016 animated movies except Kubo and the Two Strings and I won't hear otherwise. Trolls and Kubo were the beginning of the Non-Disney Animated Film Renaissance and I won't hear otherwise

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Today I have caught a shiny Sudowoodo (now my 3rd) and a shiny Iron Moth.

Thinking I will try to get all the Violet Paradox shinies since I only have Iron Bundle, Iron Treads and Iron Jugulis left to get.

Top Bottom