• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Finally saw The Bad Guys

I enjoyed that a lot, The animation was so expressive and the designs were good in fact the visuals were so good to the point where it basically carried the movie, the plot was serviceable and the characters were lovable.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright, guess I gotta explain:

This may be me leftist ass taking over again, but that movie's message is confusing and looks worse as time goes on. Like it's a pretty heavy handed allegory for racism (predators were the oppresors) but then like 3/4ths of the movie in it goes "actually, the prey were the real racists all along" and I think they were going for a similar angle to what Black Panther did where Bellweather wanted to recreate a world where prey was on top (recreate where the prey are on top and the predators are oppressed) and idk Bellweather is also Disney's worst twist villian too. Really my biggest issue is how bad the message unravels near the end (and also using cops for a racism allegory but that's more of a minor personal thing).

Trolls though, it's ****ing stupid but it's just a jukebox musical for kids and well it accomplished what it does, plus "SINGING KILLED MY GRANDMA" is more memorable than any line in Zootopia. Zootopia was better made but it set out to have a grand message that imo falls flat, where as Trolls accomplished what it set out to be. Zootopia isn't bad, just not well aged
Worst twist villain? Nah, this is the worst:

C1CA4C15-6E2F-47C4-A0AC-C2F563F58DFF.jpeg

“I love you Anna” *Like 5 minutes later “no one could ever love you, I’m gonna go stab your sister to death and rule your kingdom, despite the thousands of red flags that would actually prevent this from happening”.

Yokai was pretty bad to tbh. Should have made Tadashi the villain .

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 365659

“I love you Anna” *Like 5 minutes later “no one could ever love you, I’m gonna go stab your sister to death and rule your kingdom, despite the thousands of red flags that would actually prevent this from happening”.

In all fairness I didn't pay attention to Frozen

Reactions: Z25

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For me, the best Disney films in recent years (that weren't Pixar) are Moana, Frozen and Tangled.

I haven't seen Raya or Encanto yet, so we'll see what happens when I get to those. May watch Frozen 2 and Strange World eventually as well, but the latter honestly doesn't look that interesting to me and the former seems like an unnecessary sequel. So my hopes aren't that high.

For films prior to Tangled, The Princess and the Frog and Bolt are easily two of my favorites.

Shroob

Sup?
I see a lot of people say they don't get why people like Iono

Yeah well I don't get why people like Marnie. Outside of her themesong, she's a literal nothingburger character.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys

I've never been into Disney princess movies as a kid because ew girly ****, and by the time the 2010s rolled around it was kind of rooted into me. Even though I've since grown out of this mentality, I'm not really interested in checking them out now since my problems have shifted to Disney themselves.

Except for Mulan that movie kinda slaps

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
YESZ. Now I have shinies of all the Paradox Pokemon in Violet.

EDIT: Luck's continuing because now I have a shiny Greavard.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon masters now has a new survey out again in game.

You can submit requests for future additions, and you all know what time it is:
1672125088521.jpeg

If we can get Ash, we can will the Orre characters into existence .

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I found out two weird pieces of info today that I thought I should share.

1. A world renowned self-proclaimed Scottish "Pirate Metal" band did a cover of a song from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, specifically "Pirate's Scorn." The band's name is Alestorm, and the cover is actually really good.
2. There is an officially licensed Deadpool manga in Japan that, firstly, has him team up with All Might from MHA to beat Thanos, and also makes Thor a weeb who enjoyed Demon Slayer. His badgering to get Loki to try anime then prompts Loki to attempt to destroy Japan.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

1. A world renowned self-proclaimed Scottish "Pirate Metal" band did a cover of a song from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, specifically "Pirate's Scorn." The band's name is Alestorm, and the cover is actually really good.
2. There is an officially licensed Deadpool manga in Japan that, firstly, has him team up with All Might from MHA to beat Thanos, and also makes Thor a weeb who enjoyed Demon Slayer. His badgering to get Loki to try anime then prompts Loki to attempt to destroy Japan.
Alestorm also did the Lazytown "You are a Pirate" song. They're incredibly based.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Strangely enough I knew both of those things but now that you say it like that yeah those are pretty weird pieces of info

Oracle Link

Smash Master

View attachment 365659

ThAt WaS hIs MiStAkE! Schafrillas made this a running gag!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

View attachment 365659

Voiced by Santino Fontana therefore not the worst

Bro

My crush called me cute 😳
Common Jondo W (also is this rat alley girl or someone else?)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
As a chick, I have many questions about if she was just being nice or did she actually mean it but ill keep that to myself
I mean she willingly sat next to me in the two separate classes we're in together

Idk if she likes me that way but if nothing else I think I have a chance

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean she willinglt sat next to me in the two separate classes we're in together

Idk if she likes me that way but if nothing else I think I have a chance
You're better than me, if one girl looks at me for more than half a seconds then she's definitely in love with me, for sure.

I'm am like 0/100 with these notions

Top Bottom