• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Merry Christmas

Recently I have gone through a lot of life. As of right now, half of my family has shunned me and cut me off. Stupid petty reasons, but it happened. I had to move out; luckily I just signed onto a lease at a trailer. I’m adulting and living as good as I can and that’s okay. Before I got the boot out of my old home, i took some older pictures from a photo book with pieces from 20 - 30 years ago. They’re hanging on my fridge rn, the spoiler tag is one of them: me & my mom when I was a baby. It’s also coincidentally a Christmas photo.

Have a happy holiday and a happier new years yall:happysheep:
Hang in there man

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Merry Christmas

Recently I have gone through a lot of life. As of right now, half of my family has shunned me and cut me off. Stupid petty reasons, but it happened. I had to move out; luckily I just signed onto a lease at a trailer. I’m adulting and living as good as I can and that’s okay. Before I got the boot out of my old home, i took some older pictures from a photo book with pieces from 20 - 30 years ago. They’re hanging on my fridge rn, the spoiler tag is one of them: me & my mom when I was a baby. It’s also coincidentally a Christmas photo.

Have a happy holiday and a happier new years yall:happysheep:
Glad to hear from you again! I’m sorry to hear about your family, but hopefully one day they can reconcile. My extended family was in a similar situation. Granted it took one of the worst things that could ever happen to a family, for them to realize there errors, but I never would have thought they could cha he. So I hope yours can find the way to making things right again.

Nice photo to, and I’m glad you are getting by, I hope you have a great new year!

Shroob

Sup?
I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more people theorize the Ruinous and their connection to the Tri---Quad Genies.

The 4 Genies represent the 4 cardinal beasts in their Therian forms:

Landorus: Tiger
Tornadus: Bird
Thundrus: Dragon
Enamorous: Tortoise

Whereas the 4 Ruins represent the 4 Perils, with Ting-Lu and Chien-Pao being the most obvious as the Taotie and Qiongi respectively.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On another note, Pokemon masters New Years Update is here and there’s some pretty cool additions to the game:

Kalos Villain Arc is next it seems. With Dianthia and Mega Shiny Diancie. Alongside Shauna and Chest aught. Making it where all three Kalos starters are now here.

Emma is also making a return which is wild. She will be battlable with her own theme since she didn’t have one.

Lastly, the New Years sync pairs leaks from two months ago we’re real. We have Dawn and Lissia with pretty interesting Pokémon:

The oricorio dress is a pretty cool design. I’ve always enjoyed them in Gen 7.

Also Dawn’s lodge sync pair is freaking plant wormadam as one of the most obscure picks they could have chosen. Especially when Mothim

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more people theorize the Ruinous and their connection to the Tri---Quad Genies.

The 4 Genies represent the 4 cardinal beasts in their Therian forms:

Landorus: Tiger
Tornadus: Bird
Thundrus: Dragon
Enamorous: Tortoise

Whereas the 4 Ruins represent the 4 Perils, with Ting-Lu and Chien-Pao being the most obvious as the Taotie and Qiongi respectively.
idk about any of that i just know the genies are **** ugly while the ruinous quartet are the best looking legendary quartet i've seen

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've been brainstorming for a Pokemon region inspired by Turkey for kicks and while I'm pretty bad at designing fakemon, it's fun to come up with concepts about new Pokemon and regional forms.

Oleander mon (Poison/Grass)
Northern bald ibis (Flying/Ghost)
Anatolian sheepdog (Fighting)
Oriental sweetgum mon (Grass)
Fairy chimney mon (Rock/Fairy)
Anchovy mon (Water)
Chevrotain mon (Normal/Dark)
Monk seal mon (Water/Psychic)
Shahmaran mon (Dragon)
Hortlak mon (Ghost)

Regional Espurr (Fairy/Water, inspired by Turkish vans - evolves into a caracal)
Regional Gigalith (Rock/Water, inspired by travertines)
Regional Mightyena (Dark/Ground, inspired by striped hyenas)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Pokemon Violet

I am about to fight Arven, Cassiopeia and the Elite Four and my team is
Skeledirge
Tinkaton
Clodsire
Lokix
Tsareena
Pawmot

I was considering replacing Pawmot with either a Tatsugiri or Palafin but I'm not sure, I might just keep it as is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon Violet

I am about to fight Arven, Cassiopeia and the Elite Four and my team is
Skeledirge
Tinkaton
Clodsire
Lokix
Tsareena
Pawmot

I was considering replacing Pawmot with either a Tatsugiri or Palafin but I'm not sure, I might just keep it as is.
Pretty cool team! I’d say you have a diverse combination here of really good Pokémon. You should do well in the final fights, good luck!
I still dunno how spawns work in Co-Op, and who has to eat what Sandwich. I have some Herba Mystica I'd be willing to toss out, but every time I do co-op Area Zero, I get the invisible partner glitch lol.
If I had violet I would try it, but I went with scarlet.

It seems that it just works better in local play. Hopefully this gets fixed by the time DLC comes around, as I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of new forms/mons.

Also if anyone wants to test hunting the scarlet exclusives, hit me up. I’ll make a sandwhich, hang out and you can let me know how it looks/works out on your side. Maybe we can find a good way to make it work.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ok a different note, Pokemon masters New Years Update is here and there’s some pretty cool additions to the game:
Kalos Villain Arc is next it seems. With Dianthia and Mega Shiny Diancie. Alongside Shauna and Chest aught. Making it where all three Kalos starters are now here.

Emma is also making a return which is wild. She will be battlable with her own theme since she didn’t have one.

Lastly, the New Years sync pairs leaks from two months ago we’re real. We have Dawn and Lissia with pretty interesting Pokémon:

The oricorio dress is a pretty cool design. I’ve always enjoyed them in Gen 7.

Also Dawn’s lodge sync pair is freaking plant wormadam as one of the most obscure picks they could have chosen. Especially when Mothim
Guess the leaks from October were real. Not sure what happened with that artist, I forget their username/handle, but I hope they make a new Twitter/Pixiv account someday.

Kalos Villain Arc came slightly earlier than I was expecting, but I guess in hindsight doing Part 2 of the Event, and then the Valentines Day Event into the 3.5 Anniversary is a solid timeline.
  • SS Diantha seems like a less broken SST Red, which is still really really good.
  • NY Lisia is the Physical Fairy unit that we've been needing. I hope we see more Giga Impact units in the future like Hyper Beam units.
  • NY Dawn is definitely an oddball. Double stat buffs and debuffs, but don't really buff her own stats. Team Building with her will be fun.
  • Dawn & Wormadam is out of left field, but she seems solid enough. I just hope they give us more 4* Support Candies. I got 33 4* Strike Candies but nothing to use them on. :mad:
  • Kali & Azumarill seems solid like the other NPC units. I think a Kimono Girl from Johto would have been more interesting, but I'm sure we'll seem them eventually for a separate event.
  • Sycamore getting an EX is fantastic, and we still don't know what Part 2 of the event will bring for his Grid. I can only imagine what they might do with him given how broken his kit was when he came out.
  • Kukui finally gets his EX, but no grid buff sadly like Fantina/Glacia. Oh well. I think Acerola is the only 5* Unit without an EX.
  • Blaine/Marlon/Marshal all seem to have gotten solid grids. Marlon was never the worst Support in the game IMO. Blaine didn't get MP Refresh for Sunny Day, but at least he got Solar Sync unlike Winona. I think only Roark/Maylene/Shauntel are left. Oak/Jessie/James withstanding.
  • Diantha & Wally grid buffs pretty much solve all of their problems. Cynthia getting more buffs this soon is hilarious. I have no idea what Bede's grid buffs will do for him.
  • Shauna also got leaked the other month, but we all knew it was only a matter of time for the Kalos Friends to be add. She seems like a better version of Piers, and thankfully she's a Spotlight Scout so she's not a must pull/will eventually be added the 5* Kalos Ticket pool (which only has two other units).
Main Character customization is better than what we had, but I am still a little disappointed with how limited it still is.

Reactions: Z25

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I stopped reading after 'Nintendo leaker Zippo' cause that guy has been so full of **** for the past what, 5 years?
The source does concern me but it's been a few years since we had mainline Mario game and 10 years since an original 2D platformer (I don't count Run or the Maker titles).

I'm still keeping it on my radar regardless.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I’m kind of jealous of people who have fun just wandering around open sandbox spaces and messing around without direction. I wish open areas in games didn’t bore/drain me… but they do.
For me, the easiest way for me to not get bored is I pick a goal to accomplish(using Pokemon as an example, I just beat 2/5 of the ____ last night) but as I go along the path I do whatever interests me if something piques my interests

If I see a korok in BOTW you bet your ass I'm stopping to do that puzzle. A Lynel or Guardian shows up? same thing.

Another thing I like to do is I like to break games in half, play the game in the way the devs don't entirely intend. Its not super viable in Pokemon because of how the combat works but its funny in other games to sit there and do unorthodox things for unorthodox results(sometimes discovering bugs along the way too)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait you guys were actually going to make the winner a mod? I thought it was a joke
Mods and former mods never joke. We are a stoic breed; crafted and forged in dignity and sternness. Never once to we err on the side of comedy lest we break our bonds of modship.

Looks like we will be placing you in Meet & Greet where your job will be to greet every soul who joins up. Congrats.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

All these movies and Cocaine Bear ain't No. 1.

SMH. Cocaine Bear is the peak of cinema history.
I don’t know man. They really took way too many creative liberties from the main story. It feels too much like “Deathly Hollows Part 2” in my opinion. I wish they followed the source material instead of all of these deviations.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
For the few hours that bear lived, it was the strongest creature on the planet. Blue whales swim away in fear, Polar bears shy away, and Hippo's would be ravaged by the unstoppable force that is cocaine bear.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For the few hours that bear lived, it was the strongest creature on the planet. Blue whales swim away in fear, Polar bears shy away, and Hippo's would be ravaged by the unstoppable force that is cocaine bear.
Meme of the Century.

No meme in existence can ever compare.

Cocaine Bear>Ultra Instinct Shaggy.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Discord mod or SmashBoards mod

which path is easier?
realistically depends on what kind of discord server but in general I'd say discord mod

I've staffed a couple large public servers and most of the time the systems used are... a little bit on the weaker side.

I typically see:
1)send application
2)staff reviews application internally
3)if picked, you get screened one more time(sometimes an interview, sometimes you get put on a team on a sort of probation status with limited power)
4)if picked again, congrats!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SmashBoards has applications for staff if you are interested and is viewed by admins and then vetted by moderators and staff members. A discussion takes place and then followed by a decision. No interviews.

More often than not - moderators usually look for potential individuals of note with typical character attributes being “responsible”, “well-liked”, “room for growth”, “dank memes”, and “honorable yet flexible” being key points. Then they are brought forward to the wider staff. It seems a whole less professional than what seems to be on some Discord servers but tons of internal conversation.

I randomly got modded in like 2013…I forget. Then left in 2015. Then I asked if I could join back up in 2017 but it wasn’t until Ultimate was first teased that I got reinstated. During this whole time, I served as a mod, super mod, and admin.

which path is easier?

which path is easier?
Smashboards Discord

cause no one goes into it unless CrashBoards

Last edited:
Top Bottom