• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Discord Mod.

Depending on the discord channel.
A channel that isn’t super cringe or related to the people’s favorite rule
realistically depends on what kind of discord server but in general I'd say discord mod

I've staffed a couple large public servers and most of the time the systems used are... a little bit on the weaker side.

I typically see:
1)send application
2)staff reviews application internally
3)if picked, you get screened one more time(sometimes an interview, sometimes you get put on a team on a sort of probation status with limited power)
4)if picked again, congrats!
that comes off as a lot more simple than what I’ve seen
Smashboards Discord

cause no one goes into it unless CrashBoards
valid reasoning

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I help mod a private discord channel filled with about 60 or so regulars I know fairly well

Comparing that with my stint here modding one of the more active forums in the modern day with a lot of people I barely know including some of the other staff, and you're basically looking at apples and oranges

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Thanosposting in 2022 soon to be 2023
Okay, but you were probably the staff member I was acquaintanted with the most with, aside from Sneaky or Nonspecific.

Anywho, how thing's been popping as of late? Hopefully my lack of presence hasn't been too much of a detriment to y'all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
An update on the rumored 2D Mario platformer
Z25 Z25
I assume the title is talking 2D games, because peach is playabale in 3d world lol.
Also no foreman spike mentioned here is interesting. Does that mean he’s out, or was that wrong?
I stopped reading after 'Nintendo leaker Zippo' cause that guy has been so full of **** for the past what, 5 years?
Zippo may be wrong on everything, but there’s one thing he’s been spot on with recently, and that’s his Mario leaks. He leaked everything for Mario 35 before anyone else started about games during it.

Id say that’s worth at least keeping this in mind. Especially when a tie in game is right up Nintendos alley. Would not be surprised if a January direct or Mar10 Day gave us this announcement

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I help mod a private discord channel filled with about 60 or so regulars I know fairly well

Comparing that with my stint here modding one of the more active forums in the modern day with a lot of people I barely know including some of the other staff, and you're basically looking at apples and oranges
Currently, I staff a 9k art server but I also have staffed a 35k member Yugioh server on Discord.

I imagine its night and day compared to moderating here, I presume the tools available are extremely different along with the general day to day operation

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not a hot Dragon Ball take, but the Japanese version of the Ultra Instinct theme is far too superior to the English version

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In response to the melting ice caps and loving to speculate evolution in all forms. I love to think millions of years from now in response to the melting caps that polar bears could perhaps evolve more semi-aquatic lifestyles taking into the ocean.

Just an intriguing thought. You either evolve or die.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
SmashBoards has applications for staff if you are interested and is viewed by admins and then vetted by moderators and staff members. A discussion takes place and then followed by a decision. No interviews.

More often than not - moderators usually look for potential individuals of note with typical character attributes being “responsible”, “well-liked”, “room for growth”, “dank memes”, and “honorable yet flexible” being key points. Then they are brought forward to the wider staff. It seems a whole less professional than what seems to be on some Discord servers but tons of internal conversation.

I randomly got modded in like 2013…I forget. Then left in 2015. Then I asked if I could join back up in 2017 but it wasn’t until Ultimate was first teased that I got reinstated. During this whole time, I served as a mod, super mod, and admin.

Smashboards Discord

cause no one goes into it unless CrashBoards
Speaking of, unrelated questions, but why do we need actual resumes to apply for a Smashboards Moderator position?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finally gotten God of War: Ragnarok, DC League of Super-Pets and No Time To Die (James Bond collection is finally complete).

Was gonna grab Into the Spider-Verse on blu-ray but wasn't sure if I had enough Christmas money left to get that and The Doomsday Bunker at Indigos so decided to hold off. If I have enough, I just might grab the former at some point. Want to rewatch the film to get ready for Across the Spider-Verse in June.

Granted its on NetFlix where I live but I'm an old school guy, physical over digital anyday and I like to collect movies (Along with books, shows and games).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really want Sonic Mania 2.

All new level aesthetics with no borrowed ones from old games, all 5 mania playable characters returning. Playable Amy. Classic Team Chaotix (circa Knuckles Chaotix) either playable or just in the game. And a new character to complete a classic Sonic three character team with Mighty and Ray.

Oh, and a city level. I CRAVE a level like Speed Highway or City Escape but in Genesis Style pixelated 2D.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can't believe people are actually lining up to see this boring ass AI generated director ego director ego trip that has some neat visuals

Common moviegoer L
It's the visuals only that's drawing audiences to it like moths to flames.

Remove that and I don't think anyone would even pay any attention to Avatar 2 let alone the first movie. Lol.

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio had more story, heart, emotion, tears and spectacle then that film did.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I assume the title is talking 2D games, because peach is playabale in 3d world lol.
Also no foreman spike mentioned here is interesting. Does that mean he’s out, or was that wrong?

Zippo may be wrong on everything, but there’s one thing he’s been spot on with recently, and that’s his Mario leaks. He leaked everything for Mario 35 before anyone else started about games during it.

Id say that’s worth at least keeping this in mind. Especially when a tie in game is right up Nintendos alley. Would not be surprised if a January direct or Mar10 Day gave us this announcement
The original rumor mention Spike is the main antagonist. Maybe there wasn't much more to add to it in this follow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Industry plant
You know, props to James Cameron. He's spent the last two decades working on his blue people movies, I wish I could spend two weeks doing something but this man has been making this Weird Alien **** nonstop for my entire life. And, somehow simultaneously, nobody cares about them and they make a ton of money, it's bizarre.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this movie really gonna end up making $2 billion ain’t it

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Applications aren't technically the be all end all here . Sometimes they'll just ask ya up out of the blue via pm

I never actually put an application here, cuz that'd require some super personal stuff, haha.
Wait…they didn’t ask you for your credit card info, social security number, and copy of a passport….

I totally did not give them this info. Totally didn’t.

They had all of my personal, legal and banking info for almost 10 years….

D

Deleted member

This is It everyone, the surprise of the year when It comes to cinema.

Splendid animation which reminded me of ITSV, really clever and hilarious jokes and comedy which felt refreshing for a kids movie after all the Disney+ Original stuff I've seen recently, wonderful music and a well-thought out plot about the value of life and all the people around you.
I saw this movie with a friend and his cousine and we loved It all throught, my friend said not as much as ITSV but still with the bar really high in quality.

Something quite amazing which I respect a lot too is that at last in the main voice credits at the end they gave credit to the spanish voice actors. A really wonderful choice which I hope more movies go through with.

So yeah, I really reccomend It a lot. It probably will take the spot of the Batman as my fifth favourite movie of the year, and fans of animation in general are surely gonna love It.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Okay, but you were probably the staff member I was acquaintanted with the most with, aside from Sneaky or Nonspecific.

Anywho, how thing's been popping as of late? Hopefully my lack of presence hasn't been too much of a detriment to y'all.
Ramen?

But in all honesty to a degree Sneaky and Ramen were always what I considered partners over here so seeing on leave the roost is going to make it a bit lonely. Love you guys. And if you do want to come back during the next Smash cycle I doubt anyone on staff will have any kind of problem with it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can't believe people are actually lining up to see this boring ass AI generated director ego director ego trip that has some neat visuals

Common moviegoer L
Count me as one of those who lined up!

In response to the melting ice caps and loving to speculate evolution in all forms. I love to think millions of years from now in response to the melting caps that polar bears could perhaps evolve more semi-aquatic lifestyles taking into the ocean.

Just an intriguing thought. You either evolve or die.
Or is water is constrained to only to underground sources which leads to dry, Mars-like environments. This could lead flamingoes to be primarily birds of prey scavengers. Hulking, pink’ish long necked vultures which feeds on terrestrial shrimp and that squawk like 13 year old boys watching a Nintendo Direct when a Smash reveal happens.

Speaking of, unrelated questions, but why do we need actual resumes to apply for a Smashboards Moderator position?
Cause it’s serious. We are a highly visible and influential source of Smash information that continues to remain relevant despite competition from lamebrain social media sites such as Facebook and Discord and Twitter and Reddit.

Noipoi

Howdy!
[REDACTED] in Boots: The Last Wish

Holy ****, this movie is great! Seriously, if you like animation, you gotta check it out. It’s fun, it’s funny, it knows when to get surprisingly serious or heartfelt, just a really fun time.

And it had an MCU style tease for Shrek 5 let’s ****ing goooooooo-

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And it had an MCU style tease for Shrek 5 let’s ****ing goooooooo-
Do we really need a Shrek 5 tho?

And while I rather they kept Kung Fu Panda as a trilogy, I give it benefit of the doubt since you can tell more story from that and the fact they planned and written this new trilogy since KFP3.

Kung Fu Panda has more story potential.

Shrek is just milking out the cow at this point.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be honest, I've mentioned being a mod on this site in actual IRL interviews. My current position at work uses a lot of what I learned from interacting on this site. lol

I wouldn't over think it though. It's mostly a way to test interest and let the Admins know who you are and what part of the site you're interested in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do we really need a Shrek 5 tho?

And while I rather they kept Kung Fu Panda as a trilogy, I give it benefit of the doubt since you can tell more story from that and the fact they planned and written this new trilogy since KFP3.

Kung Fu Panda has more story potential.

Shrek is just milking out the cow at this point.
a cow that only lets cinematic masterpiece milk come out

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just finished watching the first episode of Sonic Prime that was uploaded onto YouTube.

It was okay.
The show has its moments but it’s held back by the idea that these places represent parts of each characters personality. It leaves them with very basic worlds and literal ocs have to fill in for background characters because for some reason they forgot the rest of the sonic cast existed. If they fixed this issues, it would make for a solid show.
The original rumor mention Spike is the main antagonist. Maybe there wasn't much more to add to it in this follow up.
Antagonist? Interesting because I thought the original rumor was he would be playable.

Top Bottom