• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I thought the movies with Deoxys and Darkrai were great, along with the first movie.

I also remember Temple of the Sea being pretty good. Or maybe I just remember it because the main antagonist was a pirate.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So

This story sure got dark real quick.

Pokemon I mean.
Area zero?

Gets even more screwed up when you realize:
Arven makes sandwiches because that’s literally all he knows how to make. He was left to raise himself. His parents never cared for him and prioritized everything else before him

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This upsets me significantly.

Not because acearo Ash is invalid, cause he is.

But I was thinking of running Attract on my Draft league teams for ****s and giggles until finding out genders are randomized by default. Cannot believe I underestimated Showdown's based stance on gender
Oh, there's a story for that.

Back in the days if shoddy in early gen 5, all pokemon were set to male by default. So some players exploited this by running Rivalry on Haxorus cheese people by doing stupid amounts of damage.

Randomized gender had been the standard since.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The champion in ScarVio is a joke lmao.
Crazy how they only had to switch up their ace to their lead and drop two of their Pokémon for something else and it be a way more challenging fight.

Example:
Focus sash glammora on lead and you now have two layers of toxic spikes on the field the whole match if you have no way to clear it.

Drop Gogoat for Armorouge or Celruedge.

Swap avalugg for a paradox form( I get the feeling she was on that expedition with Clive) or Gholdango.

Finish with Kingsgambit. Maybe even scarfed if those items are even in this game still. It’s ability would power it up and make it a damn good closer.

Geeta is now one of the hardest champions.

At least the Nemona battle can put up a fair fight and is a pretty hype ending.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Nemona.

Dear God in heaven, bless Nemona for having 3 Segment Dudunsparce on her team, saving me who knows how many hours it'd take to get its dex entry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man. I want news on the next Sonic project so badly. And I really hope I'm not let down on it. Sonic has such a fractured fanbase at this point that Sega could honestly make bank if they actually made games for every part of it instead of ignoring all of them and doing whatever the **** they wanted. But I know they're not gonna do that. Just.... it's so frustrating. There are decisions that make sense and they just aren't making them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was scouring through movies of 2023 I'm gonna see. The fact there's ten Saw films is just baffling. Three was stretching it let alone ten...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
tends to mean that there’s a negative relationship between those involved

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to go through the trailers of all the movies I plan to see in theaters next year.

Cocaine Bear
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Fast X
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Only one yet to come out is Meg 2: The Trench.

There's also a new Toho Godzilla movie coming out next year but won't release in theaters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I haven't kept up with the anime for a while but waking up every saturday morning just to see Ash and Iris do adventures is a core memory of my childhood. I just hope the new gen enjoys these new protags as much as we enjoyed Ash.
Me, every night at 6 or 7 pm, sitting in front of the tv past my bed time just to watch pokemon before bed

I also remeber sneaking out of bed because i heard my sister and mom watching pokemon on the big TV downstairs. I got caught but I think they let me watch it with them

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
3 times this year Sonic has unknowingly ****ed up trying to save the people he cares for

Shroob

Sup?
Did some Area Zero co-op with a rando to try to get the last couple Paradoxes I needed.

That was certainly one of the bugs of all time

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thinking more on the post game of scarlet and violet, two big things came to my mind.

One is truly a sad moment and the other is an interesting question raised about the history of the universe in game.

1) Arven knows right when the AI calls Penny and Nemona by their ID that something terrible has happened to his mom/dad. Not because he thinks this is an imposter, but he knows this robot personally.

Whenever speaking directly to the robot he addresses his parent in third person, saying my mom or my dad, not mom or dad.

He asks why did it call them here. Even though he knows deep down this won’t be good. He must have met the robot on one of his last visit is actually seeing his Parent alive.

He really is the most tragic character in all of Pokémon.

2) The professor goes back in time with the machine. The AI presumably die like intended, but the machine would still be standing, even if it’s inoperable.

Given that Arven implies the professor found the machine and figured out how to rebuild it, this machine is a paradox in itself.

It implies that the time machine was in the ancient last, inoperable, gets buried in the crater. Years later, the professor finds and fixes it, but it ultimately gets sent back to the past.

This should in theory be a time loop. Because the past machine cannot exist if the present machine doesn’t exist. I wonder if this will play into the lore. Maybe that’s why the stone tablets are there, ancient people left behind hints for fixing it but were never able to. The professor succeeds, thus Creating a loop where the machine gets sent to the past to be used in present day.

Shroob

Sup?
FINALLY got all the Paradoxes after having to lead myself and online randos through Area Zero while NEITHER of us could see one another yet have to stay within close proximity to one another.

Fun

But in other words, I've begun

That

Sidequest

Grabbed Wo-Chien first, since it's clearly the weakest of the 4.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
My thoughts on recent happenings: I was never one of those people who were calling for the Pokemon anime to ditch Ash, and I still can't accept the premise that ditching him will magically fix everything: if the writers are incompetent then they're not going to suddenly become more competent with a new protagonist. And Ash's detractors gloating in their victory has only further turned me off from this new series.

On a happier note: This is the first Splatoon 3 Splatfest that I truly feel passionate about. Go Team Sweet!
holding a cookie.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda feel bad for saying this... But I enjoyed the movie shockingly more on this second rewatch. Although It still isn't even a 6/10 movie.

I know, It is really weird because this is a movie which is almost universally panned... But for some reason there are ideas and themes on this movie which really resonate not only with me but even my friends and my crush too.

The whole idea of a country at the border of destruction looking desperately for their own Hero, even in someone who has no limits to do whatever they want... Fascinates me and I feel isn't something we see a lot in superhero movies (maybe because as someone who lives in a set of islands constantly standing against corporations which want to take away natural resources, I can understand where the movie tries to come from and even have found myself wishing there was a hero which could stop all that. But that's getting into personal territory so won't talk more about it). I also like how Teth Adam's believes clash with Hawkman's, It makes for an interesting conflict. While I feel the writing could handle all these topics better, I do wish that DC or Marvel decide to step in on the idea again with another superhero flick as I feel It has potential if given to the right people. The music, while not as excellent as other superhero themes, also has its cool moments and It is quite an underrated score (fun fact: the composer of this movie also made the Skylanders soundtracks).

What drags this movie down imo is some of the acting and the final battle. I feel they are the weakest parts of the movie (specially in the later with how weird the CGI gets) although It is tolerable at least for me. Hawkman's actor, Dr.Fate's actor and even Black Adam himself could have been portrayed better, but at least they do get a few funny moments which unironically got a smile from me. Atom Smasher and Cyclone are quite fun too, the personal favourite characters of the movie for my Crush and I.

So overall, I think that this movie isn't great... But neither is It the disaster people are making It out to be on social media (well, at least until James Gunn fired Cavill, that one thing is indeed quite awkward and makes the movie dated). It's a fun action movie with some decent set pieces which could have been greater had It been given to more competent writers. Would not reccomend to people in general, but I'm glad I got to enjoy It alongside my crush and friends.
Also, ya'll may have noticed that I stopped posting updates on the GotG Advent Calendar. That's because sadly I got carried away and for me too many days passed since the last update to post all of the missing ones. So what we are going to do is that we will wait until the 24 and I'll make a photo with everything from the Advent Calendar put together. Hopefully ya'll are fine with that :)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Missed out on a lot of things yesterday (currently self-isolating due to mild Covid symptoms.) Anyways:
OH MY GOD

ASH IS GONE LETS GOOOOO
I'm sad to see that Ash Ketchum is no longer going to be the protagonist, but yet it is very understandable and after 25 years, Ash certainly had an incredible journey going from a kid from Pallet Town who wants to follow his own dreams to becoming a Pokemon Champion.

This looks good what?
I think Greta Gerwig (who directed "Little Women") must be very brave to take on this project. But what is also interesting is that the Barbie film is opening on the same day as Christopher Nolan's "Oppenheimer" and a week before Marvel Studios' "The Marvels" (within the same month.) However I am not sure whether it is wise by Warner Bros. to open two of their films on the same day.

tends to mean that there’s a negative relationship between those involved
I wouldn't entirely be too surprised if that is going to mark the end of "Black Adam." Also, didn't Dwayne Johnson also rejected a cameo role for the upcoming Shazam movie as well?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just found out now though it was announced months ago but Gravity Rush would work better as an anime/animated movie of series adaptation than a live-action movie.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They say that Goku or Saitama is Japan's Superman.

If anything that'd be Ultraman from Tsuburaya Productions.

Superman of the East.

Top Bottom