• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Holy ****!? This cannot be!?

Ash's story is coming to an end!?

Impossible! If Spongebob, Family Guy and Simpsons hasn't ended. Neither should this! They're breaking the rules!

Plus Ash is immortal and been going on this adventure for 25 years.

Nah, they won't get rid of Ash though. Fans will complain and they'll just bring him back somehow anyways. Childhood nostalgia is helluva drug.
I mean, why not?

It's an anime, anime do this all the time.

Ash may cameo or get specials in the future, but they're kinda hyping up these 11 episodes of "The final chapter of Ash Ketchum", and like, yeah okay I'm cool with that, let's try something new.

Shroob

Sup?
Almost done with all the School activities aside from the Ruinous/Herba Mystica sidequests.

Just 1 more major battle until I enter the final story arc.

Also I'm literally 50 Gimmighoul coins away and I've checked every spawn location for chest forms, nothing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
DPP, BW, and SwSh so far have been great. B2W2 and Gen 6 are probably the worst as those sagas got rushed big time.

I'd be the most curious to see how they will handle the different schools between the two versions or if they will stick to a single version like Black, X, and Moon.
Sucks about Gen 6 being rushed

Still gonna read all of em tho

Reactions: ---

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, why not?

Ash may cameo or get specials in the future, but they're kinda hyping up these 11 episodes of "The final chapter of Ash Ketchum", and like, yeah okay I'm cool with that, let's try something new.
Can't wait to see more of the immortal Ash remaining the same age as he was despite seemingly having kids in that case. Tell ya kid cannot age, went on an adventure for 25 years and somehow he and the other characters remained the same as they are.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, why not?

Also nobody is complaining that Ash is taking his leave, everyone knew that his story was done the moment the flashback scene happened vs Leon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Almost done with all the School activities aside from the Ruinous/Herba Mystica sidequests.

Also I'm literally 50 Gimmighoul coins away and I've checked every spawn location for chest forms, nothing.
They have like a 5% chance to respawn every day. Also there’s roaming gimmighoul and every sign post, every bridge, every ruin site, and they appear at every one of the 10 sights of Paldea. They give less, but those respawn pretty fast. When hatching eggs, about every half hour one would respawn on a sign post I kept passing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also nobody is complaining that Ash is taking his leave, everyone knew that his story was done the moment the flashback scene happened vs Leon.
Honestly I don't watching the anime but I had a feeling long before that episode aired. Ash competing in the world championship kinda just signaled to me that the end was near

Shroob

Sup?
Can't wait to see more of the immortal Ash remaining the same age as he was despite seemingly having kids in that case. Tell ya kid cannot age, went on an adventure for 25 years and somehow he and the other characters remained the same as they are.
It's a cartoon

You're applying too much logic when the writers clearly did not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Pokémon wants to go crazy with the lore, Ash’s age could actually be logically explained in universe.

Just have it that the dreams of the paradox legendary have kept Ash and his world in a stasis until his dream was met.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Ash's show is coming to an end...That means Family Guy, Spongebob and The Simpsons must end at some point right? Right???

The rules are being broken! Does not compute! Does not compute!

Reality is collapsing as we know it! The end is nigh!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Lol imagine not having String Cheese. Loser.

Ok but seriously, check every sign and every Pokemon center. Also check every wonder of Paldea. And if you're only searching the watch towers, note that they can also spawn in ruins as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if they want to write out team rocket, let’s go out with a bang.

Have them actually capture Pikachu and send it to Giovanni.

Giovanni gives them nothing in return and they actually feel bad about it.

Ash, Brock and Misty show up to get Pikachu back.

Misty and Brock stay behind to fight grunts, while Jessie, James, Meowth and their old Pokémon team up with Ash to get Pikachu back and take Giovanni down for good.

They succeed and Jessie and James take over team rocket, making it an actual positive force that helps protect Pokémon, not steal them.

Peak fiction right there but probably not gonna happen.

Shroob

Sup?
If Ash's show is coming to an end...That means Family Guy, Spongebob and The Simpsons must end at some point right? Right???

This fella never heard about Kochikame before.

A manga that ran for fourty years and came to an end.

Everything ends, it's just a matter of time.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Also if they want to write out team rocket, let’s go out with a bang.

Have them actually capture Pikachu and send it to Giovanni.

Giovanni gives them nothing in return and they actually feel bad about it.

Ash, Brock and Misty show up to get Pikachu back.

Misty and Brock stay behind to fight grunts, while Jessie, James, Meowth and their old Pokémon team up with Ash to get Pikachu back and take Giovanni down for good.

They succeed and Jessie and James take over team rocket, making it an actual positive force that helps protect Pokémon, not steal them.

Peak fiction right there but probably not gonna happen.

That would be an amazing way to wrap up Team Rocket's stuff if it turns out they won't be appearing in the new Pokemon anime.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This fella never heard about Kochikame before.

A manga that ran for fourty years and came to an end.

Everything ends, it's just a matter of time.
Unless you're DC, Marvel, Looney Tunes, Mickey and Friends, Godzilla, Ultraman, Days of our Lives, James Bond, etc.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Reality is collapsing as we know it! The end is nigh!
This reminds me that the majority if posters here are 20 years old or older, imo that's far too old. We should just kill them to make way for new users.

Shroob

Sup?
This reminds me that the majority if posters here are 20 years old or older, imo that's far too old. We should just kill them to make way for new users.
I agree. How do you do fellow kids it is me the totally 18 year old.

1671226559335.png

I don't think the Mouse is gonna survive the heat death of the universe
Nah man, Disney will just buy out the sun and put it in the Disney Vault.

Shroob

Sup?
You can't breed Gimmighoul, right?

They really force you to Mint and pop 5 bottlecaps into this little ****, huh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright then to address Elephant two who tf is Hypno Hustler?
according to Marvel
The Hypno-Hustler was to appear with his band, the Mercy Killers, at the nightclub “Beyond Forever”. Unfortunately on the night of his performance, he was caught stealing from the club’s safe by the manager. Using his specialized goggles and the hypnotic singing of the Mercy Killers, he was able to knock the manager unconscious. When the band got on stage, the Hustler used the same gimmicks to place the audience in a trance. Unfortunately for him, Peter Parker was in the audience along with some of his friends. Peter’s spider-sense had warned him of the Hustler’s tricks and managed to cover his ears in time. He then left the dance floor to change into costume. While in this trance, the Hypno-Hustler had ordered the audience to give him and his band all of their valuables. Arriving on the scene, Spider-Man ordered the Hustler to surrender. A battle followed with the Hustler unleashing all of his tricks on Spider-Man including the release of gas and retractable blades from his boots. The Mercy Killers had gone back on stage and begun singing again to try and hypnotize Spider-Man. Luckily, Spider-Man’s ears were covered with ear plugs and he was unable to hear them. After Spider-Man removed the Hypno-Hustlers ear muffs, the Hustler went into a trance. Spider-Man then webbed the mouths of the Mercy Killers and changed back into Peter Parker. As the audience woke out of their trance, they saw that their valuables were on the stage and the Hypno-Hustler webbed up. They soon called the cops.

Years later, the Hypno-Hustler was an inmate in the Cage, a specialized prison for super-villains. Tombstone was also an inmate, but due to his weakened heart he was unable to protect himself. He had hired the services of the Hustler and few other villains to protect him long enough for him to receive a heart bypass. Hypno-Hustler was last seen with Big Wheel at a Vil-a-Non meeting for reformed villains.
so in a nutshell, another jabroni for Spidey to beat up just cause

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I 100% expect Ash leaving to be some kind of bait and switch though.

Ive seen way too many series where the protagonist spot gets shaken up only for the old one to still be around and be a major character.
Digimon, Ace Attorney, Street fighter, Cardfight Vanguard. Happens all the time.

DPP, BW, and SwSh so far have been great. B2W2 and Gen 6 are probably the worst as those sagas got rushed big time.

I'd be the most curious to see how they will handle the different schools between the two versions or if they will stick to a single version like Black, X, and Moon.

Latias is the only Pokemon with an official Gijinka after all... :demon:

View attachment 365179
I like how you wnt and ignored her actual human form when they went their separate ways.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So when it's time for the Pokémon Stadium games to be added to Switch Online, do you think they will drop together at the same time like what happened with the first two Mario Party games or do you think they'll come separated?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Do not underestimate nostalgia, especially childhood nostalgia. Might be positive right now but then they'll be missing Ash and they'll bring him back somehow in response to it. You don't keep a protagonist for 25 years only to replace them.
If nostalgia works then where's my 6teen revival? /joke

Nostalgia does work, so we probably WILL see Ash again. Perhaps in some flashbacks? Especially if he has a connection to the new protagonist

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ash legit carried me through my childhood

Ill personaly really miss Ash
I haven't kept up with the anime for a while but waking up every saturday morning just to see Ash and Iris do adventures is a core memory of my childhood. I just hope the new gen enjoys these new protags as much as we enjoyed Ash.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sucks about Gen 6 being rushed

Still gonna read all of em tho
Same. I have the series on my bookshelf up to HGSS. The BW saga is really hard to obtain as several volumes had lower print runs.

They do fix them slightly with the volume releases by adding pages and sometimes chapters at least. I know XY got a bonus chapter focusing on Magearna and revealing that retroactively Delphox was given to Whitley (being the only MC without a starter).

Shroob

Sup?
So, once I finish the game, any Violet peeps wanna let me crash in their Area Zero for a couple so I can catch the version exclusive Paradoxes? You'll be able to catch the Scarlet ones as well.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like how you wnt and ignored her actual human form when they went their separate ways.
I'm an unapologetic Manga shill and, to be fair, Heroes' ending is purposely ambiguous. :p

Would unironically love to see Bianca return though. Movie 5 & 8 are the best movies in the series IMO.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only Pokémon movies I’ve seen are the og Mewtwo duology, Lucario’s movie, and Detective Pikachu

maybe I should add in some more to that list

Top Bottom