• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Saw **** in Boots The Last Wish

It was alright, pretty standard tropey kid's animated film. John Mulaney was great as the villain and the animation went hard. Also this was me every time a Shrek character or reference popped up on screen
fetchimage (2).jpeg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just reminded me that Uncle Grandpa crossed over with Steven Universe.

Uncle Grandpa was ahead of it's time imo, way overhated whem it first came out.
I think the character of Pizza Steve and, more significantly, it's association with Secret Mountain Fort Awesome led to a lot of people dismissing it or hating it without even actually watching it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The final piece of the TMNT set! Really wanted to combine them together now that I finished the solo pieces!

Not sure who you guys like the most, but Leonardo's my favorite, and Mikey's my 2nd.

Shroob

Sup?
If that girl is Ash's kid, them I hope they make her mother some random character that Ash meets in like the last episode of his journey.

Just burn every ship to the ground
Ah yes

The How I Met Your Mother approach

Minus the last second bait and switch death.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, since I'm basically done with the main story, I decided to start all the Classes sidequests(Minus the Ruinous, I wanna actually reset for natures for them).

....why did no one tell me that Miriam existed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Im just saying this necklace looks like it’s made out of a thunder stone:
C6667019-5DC3-4B60-A56A-9D32E2E92DD1.jpeg

If that girl is Ash's kid, them I hope they make her mother some random character that Ash meets in like the last episode of his journey.

Just burn every ship to the ground
They just pull a regular show and we don’t even meet her or get her name. The fanbase would be Livid, lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
With all the drama over who the mom might be, let's not forget what's truly important.
This upsets me significantly.

Not because acearo Ash is invalid, cause he is.

But I was thinking of running Attract on my Draft league teams for ****s and giggles until finding out genders are randomized by default. Cannot believe I underestimated Showdown's based stance on gender

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Imagine if we get confirmation that it's Ash's kid after a timeskip of about two decades, but the mom is on some kind of quest to travel the world, and all of the family photographs conveniently block the mom's appearance.

(I take it we never see Ash's dad, right? I haven't seen the Pokemon anime since gen. 3)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Holy ****!? This cannot be!?

Ash's story is coming to an end!?

Impossible! If Spongebob, Family Guy and Simpsons hasn't ended. Neither should this! They're breaking the rules!

Plus Ash is immortal and been going on this adventure for 25 years.

Nah, they won't get rid of Ash though. Fans will complain and they'll just bring him back somehow anyways. Childhood nostalgia is helluva drug.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine if we get confirmation that it's Ash's kid after a timeskip of about two decades, but the mom is on some kind of quest to travel the world, and all of the family photographs conveniently block the mom's appearance.

(I take it we never see Ash's dad, right? I haven't seen the Pokemon anime since gen. 3)
If interesting that you mention that last part, because they are actually teasing us seeing Ash’s dad in one of these 11 episodes.

The trailer for the first one has a young Ash silhouetted next to silhouettes of his mom and dad. Joe Merric also bought this point up:

And in the Zarude movie, Ash mentions that his father is on a journey to, and his mom mentions in like the 2nd episode, that his grandfather was also out journeying. So we could actually finally see his dad.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've only read up to Emerald but Adventures' style is perfect for Scarlet and Violet's story. I don't see why they wouldn't do it really, but more importantly I want it
DPP, BW, and SwSh so far have been great. B2W2 and Gen 6 are probably the worst as those sagas got rushed big time.

I'd be the most curious to see how they will handle the different schools between the two versions or if they will stick to a single version like Black, X, and Moon.

We ALL know who Ash's true love interest is though.
Latias is the only Pokemon with an official Gijinka after all... :demon:

20221216_160433.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Holy ****!? This cannot be!?

Ash's story is coming to an end!?

Impossible! If Spongebob, Family Guy and Simpsons hasn't ended. Neither should this! They're breaking the rules!

Plus Ash is immortal and been going on this adventure for 25 years.

Nah, they won't get rid of Ash though. Fans will complain and they'll just bring him back somehow anyways. Childhood nostalgia is helluva drug.
Reception to the new protagonist seems to be positive so far.

I'm sure the lastest season of the anime won't be the very last time Ash as he is will make an appearance, but if the new character gets positive reception once the new season airs, the change to the anime format might be here to stay.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reception to the new protagonist seems to be positive so far.

I'm sure the lastest season of the anime won't be the very last time Ash as he is will make an appearance, but if the new character gets positive reception once the new season airs, the change to the anime format might be here to stay.
Do not underestimate nostalgia, especially childhood nostalgia. Might be positive right now but then they'll be missing Ash and they'll bring him back somehow in response to it. You don't keep a protagonist for 25 years only to replace them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom