• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Hey guys, did anyone post this?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man...this might be a hot take but Scarlet/Violet's Treasures of Ruin is just not fun to me.

Go look fpr 32 stakes in seemingly ramdom, unmarked locations just to even fight them.

Then once you do find them, they've got those old school stupidly low catch rates. Boy I sure do love watching a sleeping, 1 HP snail break out of 20 dusk balls in a row. Gameplay.

Still have one more legend to catch before a complete pokedex though. Just a little more...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Game Design with a technology emphasis.

So basically I'm kind of a good programmer and I know how to use Unity well. I can also do some art stuff as well.

But I'm not done yet, there's still more I gotta learn to be the best game dev of all time. Toby Fox been real quiet since I stepped into the scene.

Edit: what's most important is that I'm qualified to make Hire This Man games
That’s because Tobey has been making the scarlet and violet soundtrack as fire as possible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man...this might be a hot take but Scarlet/Violet's Treasures of Ruin is just not fun to me.

Go look fpr 32 stakes in seemingly ramdom, unmarked locations just to even fight them.

Then once you do find them, they've got those old school stupidly low catch rates. Boy I sure do love watching a sleeping, 1 HP snail break out of 20 dusk balls in a row. Gameplay.

Still have one more legend to catch before a complete pokedex though. Just a little more...
Low catch rates?

Weird, I caught two out of the 4 first try with a quick ball. I caught one of the others with a apricorn ball first try to.

I also had most of the pokedex at that point so catching things was way likelier. You can also make catching power dark to make all of them easier to get if your having trouble.

The stakes are actually intentionally put together to a degree. Each color spawns in only one corner of the map, meaning all 4 corners have 8 of each. Usually found at locations that stick out. Granted it can still be tedious, but if you’ve explored these areas you can find a lot of them pretty fast.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I onno man I never had an issue with any of em

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aaaaaand my pokedex is done.

Nothing I really want to shiny hunt at the moment so I guess I'll get started on a VGC team.
Weird, I caught two out of the 4 first try with a quick ball. I caught one of the others with a apricorn ball first try to.
I just caught the goldfish with a single throw so a lot of it is luck I suppose. That damg Snail though.

I guess I do see the irony of a shiny hunter complaining about this.
The stakes are actually intentionally put together to a degree. Each color spawns in only one corner of the map, meaning all 4 corners have 8 of each. Usually found at locations that stick out. Granted it can still be tedious, but if you’ve explored these areas you can find a lot of them pretty fast.
I already found most of them naturally while completing my pokedex, but the nature of such a fetchquest is that it gets harder the more you find.

Doesn't help that many of them are hidden by there enviroment, and a lot of the hiding spots don't stick out that much.

I get that people thought they were making legendaries too easy but like, this is overcompensating. I kind of wish they did a BotW approach and gave riddles or something you could use to find the stakes. That'd be a lot more fun.

Reactions: Z25

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
More season 2 episodes of Helluva Boss coming is cool.

You know what would be even cooler? Knowing when we'll actually see season 1 episode 8.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah I watched all of Sonic Prime when it came out the other day.

It’s pretty good! The voice cast and characterization was a little odd episode one, but by the end, everyone felt like they nailed the personalities these characters had in game.

They also did a good job putting different takes on characters with each new world. They did some cool stuff with shadow as well.

the action was very nicely animated, and the themes of each world stood out.

Only real complaint I have, is there’s no reason for the rest of the cast to not show up. Each of the worlds are completely new takes on Sonic’s world, so why the others aren’t there is odd.

Give us blaze or charmy, even mighty while unlikely would be a fun cameo. Or if they wanted to go crazier, let there be worlds where other sega characters exist.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Eh you can probably tell but I think I'm feeling grumpier then usual.

No one here's fault but I think I'll take a break from Smashboards for a couple days. Chow!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A message from Ash Ketchum, starring the OG voice actress:
I could've meet Veronica Taylor at a convention I went to a few years back, but I only had enough money to meet Charles Martinet at the time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh you can probably tell but I think I'm feeling grumpier then usual.

No one here's fault but I think I'll take a break from Smashboards for a couple days. Chow!
Don’t worry about it. There’s nothing wrong with taking a break. If your not back before then, then enjoy the holiday season!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A message from Ash Ketchum, starring the OG voice actress:
I could've meet Veronica Taylor at a convention I went to a few years back, but I only had enough money to meet Charles Martinet at the time.
tenor (4).gif

Bottom text

D

Deleted member

Been thinking about It, and honestly I may try to make a Christmas gift for my crush these holidays.

Something I can afford obviously, been thinking about gifting her a horror game such as Resident Evil 3 Remake or the Resident Evil Origins Collection as she is a big fan of horror games (one of the first interactions we had was about an indie one in fact) and those two games are quite cheap where I live.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
"Vtuber cancel culture rap" is a phrase I never thought I would read (or at least read so soon)

Last edited:
Top Bottom