• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Am I the only one who thinks its kinda sad that people knows Thor more from Marvel then from the actual Norse myths itself? Leads them to believe he's a Marvel creation when that isn't the case.

That or those folks just don't want to accept the fact accurate Norse myth Thor wasn't handsome and was how he is depicted in God of War: Ragnarok. Red-haired, beard and fat strongman.
tbf why would most people know about Norse mythology accuracy when they can just to to Marvel and enjoy those instead? They can grow into knowing of the original source…then stick to the handsome guy if they want or move on to the other guy that could be deemed handsome

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As we approach the end of the year I have one thing to say:

I think I spent too much time playing Blue Sphere. No idea why I enjoy it so much.

Also Sonic CD is my favorite Sonic game. I enjoy the music.

Shroob

Sup?
Has anyone tried SVs multiplayer yet?

Like what does it do?
If you're close to one another, the opposite version exclusives will spawn.

It works in Area Zero too

But it's buggy as **** there. There's like a 99% chance you'll be invisible to the other player.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As we approach the end of the year I have one thing to say:

I think I spent too much time playing Blue Sphere. No idea why I enjoy it so much.

Also Sonic CD is my favorite Sonic game. I enjoy the music.
The soundtrack is a true bop. I just wish there was a way to rig it so that Sonic Boom played as the intro song but then used the Japanese ost for the rest of the game.

Also, seriously. If they had managed to add Knuckles to Sonic CD and rigged up a playable Amy in all four games, that would have been oooooo so good.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, side note on Pokemon (spoiler): The story makes more sense with Violet
I think the two legendary thing works a little better with Scarlet.

You've got two prehistoric lizards, of course they'd battle for territory. Makes sense.

Two android dragons...why do they give a ****? Use an algorithm to chart out the most proficient distribution of land, lmao

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the two legendary thing works a little better with Scarlet.

You've got two prehistoric lizards, of course they'd battle for territory. Makes sense.

Two android dragons...why do they give a ****? Use an algorithm to chart out the most proficient distribution of land, lmao
Fair, but I was going for the angle that an AI that goes rouge because he got prideful and didn't add in a kill switch even though his experiments were getting more deadly (and killed him) is taken out of a futuristic sci-fi film. Evem more so that the AI wanted to shut down the experiment.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who thinks its kinda sad that people knows Thor more from Marvel then from the actual Norse myths itself? Leads them to believe he's a Marvel creation when that isn't the case.

That or those folks just don't want to accept the fact accurate Norse myth Thor wasn't handsome and was how he is depicted in God of War: Ragnarok. Red-haired, beard and fat strongman.
If it wasn't for Marvel, most people wouldn't even look for the real mythology behind Thor. As inaccurate as it is, the Norse inspiration behind the comics and movies made people aware of it much more than before.

Also, Thor being fat is just as much of a modern retelling as others. In the legends, we know that he was intimidating but there's no sourced mentions about his body shape or face other than his eyes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And the Ed Sheeran credits roll for me.

Let Gamefreak Cook. W game W ending
If you were unspoiled for all the Pokémon this game and the story,

Read the Scarlet/Violet book. It’s in the lobby of the school to the right on the front desk in a small kiosk separated from everything.

There’s some very promising things in there making for more W’s.
Fair, but I was going for the angle that an AI that goes rouge because he got prideful and didn't add in a kill switch even though his experiments were getting more deadly (and killed him) is taken out of a futuristic sci-fi film. Evem more so that the AI wanted to shut down the experiment.
That’s why the story works so well.

The AI is the good person in this situation, because let’s be real, Arvens parent went crazy when he was born.

The professor of your game never played with him as a kid, left him to fend for himself and grow up on his own, prioritizes an experiment that threatens the environment and the world over her own kids survival.

I don’t care what the robot says, Arvens parents hated him. The opposite professor just straight up vanishes when he was born. Which is implied to be of their own will, not the main professors.

Arvens life is just truly ****ed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Down to the last sidequest, which is getting the sweet herba mystica for the home ec teacher, and then.....

............wait until DLC?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just a random question that came to my mind to Pokemon peeps: You know how Dark and Fairy types were added partially to balance the broken types of the time (respectively Psychic and Dragon)?

If GameFreak were to add another type or two, which types would they be created as an opposition to?

Shroob

Sup?
Just a random question that came to my mind to Pokemon peeps: You know how Dark and Fairy types were added partially to balance the broken types of the time (respectively Psychic and Dragon)?

If GameFreak were to add another type or two, which types would they be created as an opposition to?
Ironically Fairy is the best type in the game, so probably that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If it wasn't for Marvel, most people wouldn't even look for the real mythology behind Thor. As inaccurate as it is, the Norse inspiration behind the comics and movies made people aware of it much more than before.

Also, Thor being fat is just as much of a modern retelling as others. In the legends, we know that he was intimidating but there's no sourced mentions about his body shape or face other than his eyes.
Doesn't Thor manage to succesfully disguise himself as Freya by crossdressing in one particular story? Twinky femboy Thor confirmed more accurate to Norse mythology than a big burly dude

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah Flutter Mane and Iron Hands absolutely break raids.

I'm out here solo-ing Charizard with Mane, and Hands can deal with almost anything as long as I adjust its moveset appropriately.

Top Bottom