• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

So, I just did a big brain move and discretly asked my crush about horror games in general and whether or not she played Resident Evil 3 Remake and the RE Origins Collection. She told me she hasn't played either of those two, to which I replied hopefully she gets to play them one day.

So yeah, now I know which games to gift her for Christmas. And she didn't suspect a thing. Tom Cruise would be proud of my detective levels.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This is insane
If it were just 60 dollars i could justify splurging on it.
But over 70 is just stupid.

• ...or Hello Kitty
  • ...or Pikachu
  • ...or Doraemon
  • ...or Anpanman
  • Heck! Even Kid Goku can fill that criteria
Doraemon always struck me more as Japan's Scooby doo.
The one cartoon that always gets a new movie or show every year and nobody questions it.

(Yeah i know i'm late for this but i just wanted to throw it out there lol)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If it were just 60 dollars i could justify splurging on it.
But over 70 is just stupid.

Doraemon always struck me more as Japan's Scooby doo.
The one cartoon that always gets a new movie or show every year and nobody questions it.

(Yeah i know i'm late for this but i just wanted to throw it out there lol)
dcsg89vb7tj71.jpg

Also, RIP Mr. Kobayashi.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
A movie?

That's news to me. Did they reveal whether it's an original story or a film adaptation of the manga?
Original story.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Something interest I don’t see people talking about, is one of the journal entries. It has very peculiar wording, which could mean something big.

In the second stations journal( I think)
Sada mentions being pregnant is another miracle she was blessed with. I don’t know how this plays out in Violet, and the term miracle could be loosely used for both of them to just explain how they are both his parents/to tell you when Arven was born.

But neither of that makes sense. We don’t need either one of those facts as context. As we already know he’s their kid and around our age.

So what if that’s not the point here….

What if Arven is a creation born by the paradox legends powers. Sada was never suppose to be able to have a child, but the legend bought that dream to life.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Original story.

Original Story?

I am now asking the animators to have Loid and Yor to do... something slightly romantic, even if for one frame

Jondolio

Smash Hero
First 90 chapters of Naruto are available to read freely on Manga Plus for a bit over a month

Might give mid another shot. Maybe I'll like the manga better

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What do you guys think of the Top 10 characters in that Sourcegaming Smash poll?
Doomguy - great to see that he's so high up in the list, and I'd love to see him in Smash.

Dante - I've written about five movesets for the guy, so I'm definitely enthusiastic about the idea of him being in Smash

Isaac - it reminds me that I should play Golden Sun (I have it on the Wii U, but my gamepad barely lasts an hour off of the charger), and I'm glad to see his popularity has still held up (though admittedly, I'm not sure how large the sample size was for this poll)

Geno - I've wanted him in Smash for a while now, so I'm glad to see that he's still a popular choice

Master Chief - while not my ideal green armoured space marine for Smash Bros., his presence in this list makes sense given that Banjo-Kazooie and Steve are in the game

Rayman - I'm honestly surprised that he's not in Smash already; it seems weird that they got permission to use him for two Smash games now (three if you count 3DS as separate from Wii U), but he's only been a random collectible. (plus, Rayman Legends alone gives him a large amount of a moveset)

Waluigi - I'd want him for the sake of completion (it seems weird to have Mario, Luigi, and Wario, but no Waluigi), and to see how crazy they could get with his moveset, though when it comes to Mario characters, I'd prefer to see some content from RPGs. (Nintendo fully owns the cast from Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario, so it seems weird that someone like Fawful or Vivian can't even get into Mario Kart)

Phoenix Wright - I've enjoyed what I've played of the Phoenix Wright games, but I'm not sure if I'd want to see him in Smash over plenty of other Capcom characters - Dante, Amaterasu, Leon/Jill, Morrigan, etc.

Bandanna Waddle Dee - I'm honestly surprised to see him up this high on the list, but I'd definitely be happy to see him included. It feels kind of ironic, given the complaints about Kirby bias back in the Brawl days, but I feel like part of that was due to the Subspace Emissary (where Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight were all central figures, to the point where Kirby and Dedede were absolutely required for the final battle)

Crash - WOAH! Not much of a surprise here, and having him in Smash would just feel right, like how Banjo and Kazooie or Sonic felt when they got into Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spy x Family movie and S2 coming in 2023

We are EATING
Must be really popular to gain a movie so soon when said series just came out a few years ago.

Like how Loud House due to popularity had a spin-off of Ronnie Anne despite having only been around for 3 years at the time and then a NetFlix movie last year.
View attachment 365249
Also, RIP Mr. Kobayashi.
Scooby Doo VS Lupin the Third Death Battle when?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
First 90 chapters of Naruto are available to read freely on Manga Plus for a bit over a month

Might give mid another shot. Maybe I'll like the manga better
Not sure if you got up to this point when you originally watched/read the series, but chapter 82 is where one of the best fights in the series starts. (it involves Gaara, and it's during the Chunin exams - if you got to that point before, you'll know which one I mean) The fight that begins in chapter 78 is also a good one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it wasn't for Marvel, most people wouldn't even look for the real mythology behind Thor. As inaccurate as it is, the Norse inspiration behind the comics and movies made people aware of it much more than before.

Also, Thor being fat is just as much of a modern retelling as others. In the legends, we know that he was intimidating but there's no sourced mentions about his body shape or face other than his eyes.
Still my point is the fact most people thinking Thor is a Marvel creation when that isn't the case...

I also thought him being the sloppy "fat strongman" look is accurate given in Norse myth he has a love for alcohol and notably known to be a big drinker.
Very good point but twinky femboy Thor is funnier considering how many people were offended by God of War not looking like Chris Hemsworth
Only because folks are more used to Marvel Thor then they are of Norse myth Thor.

Thor as depicted in Ragnarok is more accurate to the Thor in Norse myths then how he's depicted in Marvel and the MCU.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not sure if you got up to this point when you originally watched/read the series, but chapter 82 is where one of the best fights in the series starts. (it involves Gaara, and it's during the Chunin exams - if you got to that point before, you'll know which one I mean) The fight that begins in chapter 78 is also a good one.
I'm pretty sure I stopped watching the anime around that point

I feel like the fight got hyped up so much out of universe that I felt nothing actually watching it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Something interest I don’t see people talking about, is one of the journal entries. It has very peculiar wording, which could mean something big.

In the second stations journal( I think)
Sada mentions being pregnant is another miracle she was blessed with. I don’t know how this plays out in Violet, and the term miracle could be loosely used for both of them to just explain how they are both his parents/to tell you when Arven was born.

But neither of that makes sense. We don’t need either one of those facts as context. As we already know he’s their kid and around our age.

So what if that’s not the point here….

What if Arven is a creation born by the paradox legends powers. Sada was never suppose to be able to have a child, but the legend bought that dream to life.
Hm there is that legendary that is said to make dreams a reality i think, that big orb thing

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Now that Scarlet & Violet have been out for a month, here's my top 10 Paldea mons
10. Miraidon
9. Ceruledge
8. Roaring Moon
7. Garganacl
6. Kilowattrel
5. Kingambit
4. Toedscruel
3. Skeledirge
2-1. Annihilape and Baxcalibur (tie)

Honorable mentions go to Farigiraf and Chien-Pao

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm there is that legendary that is said to make dreams a reality i think, that big orb thing
Yes there is, which is also said to sleep deep within area zero. It’s also seemingly the reason why paradoxes exist. Essentially the time machine was never truly pulling in Pokémon from different eras. The legendary seemingly did it for them. Which is why they also predate the time machine and were shown to exist in the expedition teams journal.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yes there is, which is also said to sleep deep within area zero. It’s also seemingly the reason why paradoxes exist. Essentially the time machine was never truly pulling in Pokémon from different eras. The legendary seemingly did it for them. Which is why they also predate the time machine and were shown to exist in the expedition teams journal.
probably why the IA pissed off to, not only cuz its not a real human but maybe, maaaybe, Sada/Turo werent even supposed to exsist in the same time as Arven in the first place
But thats just a theory. a gaaame theory
The String Cheese mon is definitely one of the funniest mons to exist
I saw that pokemon in someones fridge a few days ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pokemon 2023 will begin with our protagonist running late on her first day to Uva academy, only to bump into an older trainer who we dont see the face of but is clearly Ash as an adult, and he gives her a flying Pikachu.

To those who get this gag i salute you

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Pokemon 2023 will begin with our protagonist running late on her first day to Uva academy, only to bump into an older trainer who we dont see the face of but is clearly Ash as an adult, and he gives her a flying Pikachu.

To those who get this gag i salute you
Holy ****, i just got a flashback. God damn that was a ride I just had

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw the idea that the new protagonist is Ash’s sister and maybe she lives out in Paldea with their dad. Which doesn’t add up because he’s suppose to be traveling, but it be pretty cool.

Imagine it starting with her watching Ash’s battle against Leon on the Tv, like how Ash watched the league battle at the start of the show.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 365249
Also, RIP Mr. Kobayashi.
that’s quite the coincidence…if it is one
What do you guys think of the Top 10 characters in that Sourcegaming Smash poll?
I’d only be down with Waluigi if he gets himself a Sakurai approved 3 part rap song trailer as he runs through the entirety of Smash (this time with the NPCs being victims as well…and spirits/trophy characters just to be safe)
Still my point is the fact most people thinking Thor is a Marvel creation when that isn't the case...

I also thought him being the sloppy "fat strongman" look is accurate given in Norse myth he has a love for alcohol and notably known to be a big drinker.

Only because folks are more used to Marvel Thor then they are of Norse myth Thor.

Thor as depicted in Ragnarok is more accurate to the Thor in Norse myths then how he's depicted in Marvel and the MCU.
neither are as accurate as Thorr and Loki from Fire Emblem
DF955FF7-DE51-4CA8-8A75-3B04D5F22C17.jpeg
3DBABA7F-C95A-4581-95F4-22037D7F81D4.jpeg
6B4117B4-3357-4875-9E37-A25F899CC154.png
also Thor is a Marvel creation, just not the creator of the Thor who isn’t as loved or cared for

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The scene in Crisis core where Zack invades wutai, bumps into a little kid Yuffie and ends up humoring her when she plays hero was adorable.

Top Bottom