• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm just saying, I've never gotten the hate for Vtubers. They're no worse than any parasocial relationship streamer. People throw money at them, but like, they also do that to normal folk too.
Ok I know hating V-Tibers is a meme that I do but I legit don't like Calliope because she done and said sus **** and if her latest "Cancel Culture" rap means anything then she never really grew past that.

And the person who acts her is again sus as hell I have legit reasons to not like her.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ok I know hating V-Tibers is a meme that I do but I legit don't like Calliope because she done and said sus **** and if her latest "Cancel Culture" rap means anything then she never really grew past that.

And the person who acts her is again sus as hell I have legit reasons to not like her.
That's a perfectly valid take.

I admit, I'm biased. I have a couple friends who do Vtubing as a hobby/source of income, so when I see "Vtuber" brought up as a negative, I just get a bit defensive is all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's a perfectly valid take.

I admit, I'm biased. I have a couple friends who do Vtubing as a hobby/source of income, so when I see "Vtuber" brought up as a negative, I just get a bit defensive is all.
Yeah I get it, V-Tubing is legit a job, a job I don't understand but it'a a job and there are people behind it.

Like I won't disrespect people behind it unless they done somethong that made me not like them (I will slander fans though, I will always slander the fans)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
261 caught in Scarlet now.

Tomorrow I think I'll go on a Wonder Trade spree and see I can nab some Mons I can't get on my own.

Shroob

Sup?
So I'm down to needing 3 Pokemon for the Dex.

The other 3 Ruinous, which will be easy to get.

..........and Miraidon.

Well, time to try to find someone to touch trade with.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
See the thing is, hating vtubers isnt going aginst your friends in particular. You are getting defensive on the vtubers behalfView attachment 365224
Im ok with vtubers but even I agree they breed some massivly parasocial madness
Now, in the defense of V... on the defense of... in the 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

It's not exclusive to V-Tubers, Youtubers in general have been doing that weird ass ****. Look at famous most definitely not a groomer Minecraft Youutuber Dream.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Slander isn't good. Except when it's against Vtubers, then it's funny.

Jokes aside, uh, yeah, Mori Calliope being a racist ain't good at all. :skull:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I finished watching Sonic Prime. Great show! Still bummed it's not a game because this premise is very game worthy. But the show is still great! Playing Sonic Origins now. Done with Sonic 1 and moving on to Sonic 2.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway

I just barely unlocked the Charizard raid in the nick of time.

Thanks Flutter Mane for being soo broken.
I EV trained my shiny Scream tail( named Jamie Lee lol) to do the charziard roads. Rain dance turn one shuts down charziard until it brings out the sun.

At that point we all can terra, and protosynthesis activates and charziard gets bodied.

Shroob

Sup?
I EV trained my shiny Scream tail( named Jamie Lee lol) to do the charziard roads. Rain dance turn one shuts down charziard until it brings out the sun.

At that point we all can terra, and protosynthesis activates and charziard gets bodied.
Flutter Mane makes it an absolute joke solo.

Like, the Oranguru spamming Yawn that I faced to get the last EXP candies I needed was harder.

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only one who thinks its kinda sad that people knows Thor more from Marvel then from the actual Norse myths itself? Leads them to believe he's a Marvel creation when that isn't the case.

That or those folks just don't want to accept the fact accurate Norse myth Thor wasn't handsome and was how he is depicted in God of War: Ragnarok. Red-haired, beard and fat strongman.

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who thinks its kinda sad that people knows Thor more from Marvel then from the actual Norse myths itself? Leads them to believe he's a Marvel creation when that isn't the case.

That or those folks just don't want to accept the fact accurate Norse myth Thor wasn't handsome and was how he is depicted in God of War: Ragnarok. Red-haired, beard and fat strongman.
Option 3:

The average joe knows squat about Norse mythology.

Not that I can blame them either, since even the Norse didn't write much down, and the 2 main sources of Norse myth we have were heavily edited by Christian influences.

Top Bottom