• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So which side are you going for the next splatfest? What stuff would you bring to a deserted island? I'm going for Grub since people cannot function forever without food.
Though, if Grub becomes the popular choice, prepare for Tri-Color Turf war against Gear and Fun.......
They say deserted Island but they never said that there arent fish in the water that you can fish out
4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm honestly surprised they decided to put the first Mario party on switch online considering the controversy of the game.

This game is going to break sooooo many joycons.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
That was honestly a pretty mid Direct.

Happy for the Pikmin fans though, and I'm definitely copping Kirby RtDl Deluxe and Zelda. Tales of Symphonia has me interested too but I still need to get off my ass and finish Vesperia.

Also I don't know what to think of the new Fire Emblem.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bayonetta 3 gameplay is going to be crazy, it looks like you can legit combo from a parry to demon attacks into torture finishers. I need to see more weapons but a bazooka axe and wire chakrams are good starts.

Viola's moveset gives me Nero vibes so she's probably a simpler option for newer players to not get overwhelmed with weapon options.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This is TOO MUCH news right now and we have not seen the Playstation Direct yet.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So that was a very mid Direct as you guys were saying.

-Fire Emblem Engage looks fine. Easy Price drop territory

-First Splatfest, Xenoblade 3 DLC, Mario Strikers DLC, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Nintendo Switch Sports DLC are all small very nice announcements

-Octopath Traveler II! New Theatrhythm game! Both releasing near my birthday!

-A reminder to get Sifu

-Excitebike, Pilotwings and Goldeneye I'm happy for. Another addition to NSO would have me geeked more.

-I betted Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Mirage as the Cloud game announcements this time

-Tales of Symphonia............remaster?
77fb996788645a8ec52a0ed083a9d739.png

But why? And we are getting a worse version of the PS3 Chronicles port.

-Crisis Core and Atelier Ryza are probably gonna get covered in the State of Play so I'll save my thoughts about them later

-Tears of the Kingdom is very clearly a double meaning.

So yeah not a bad Direct but nothing that would make me drop the day to get.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This Direct was very forgettable. Didn't particularly care for most of the announcements aside from the reveal of the BotW sequel and its release date along with the reveal of Fire Emblem Engage.

Tears of the Kingdom is a cool title name, and the additional gameplay shown so far is neat. Will be interesting to analyze the murals in the opening of the trailer since they definitely give an indication for what the story will focus on, or at the very least how Ganondorf will become relevant to the the BotW universe.

The leaks for Fire Emblem Engage a while back turned out to be real. Honestly, now that I've seen male version of the new red-and-blue haired FE lord, I gotta say I like the look of the female lord more than the male design this time around. A stark contrast from Three Houses where I preferred Male Byleth to female Byleth, but yeah, that's how I feel about the lord design so far. The gimmicks of how it involves summoning past FE characters gives me the feeling that the story and worldbuilding will be much more simple compared to Three Houses, but perhaps that may change as more info about these games are revealed in the coming months. Can't say this Fire Emblem game "wowed" me on its initial reveal, but it makes me interested to learn more about it.

And a new Fire Emblem title means 5+ New Heroes banner featuring the Engage characters and subsequent Special Heroes banners focusing on them more than other characters from other titles. That'll be fun.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tears of the Kingdom
Lyndis Emblem Engage
Bayonetta 3 gameplay
Peach Garden
Goldeneye 007

all I fully care for from the direct

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The Direct was pretty mid, thank God the State of Play will come up next and show us straight ass
Everyone would be expecting something a million percent groundbreaking.

Fans: "Japanese focused! Maybe we'll get FFVII Remake Part 2 footage or Chrono Trigger remake"

PlayStation: "Here's a new Call of Duty map set in Japan" shows cinematic trailer only

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I managed to catch up with the Nintendo Direct and I do feel that Fire Emblem: Engage looks very interesting.

Other than that, I'm aware that there will be a State of Play presentation later on today in which I'll probably tune in.

Top Bottom