• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know given Nick at this point is making its own modern Kart racing series. I think Cartoon Network should get on that game as well and make their own modern kart racing series.

From classics like Johnny Bravo, the Eds, Courage, Dexter, Samurai Jack to more recently such as Mordecai (And Rigby), Ben Tennyson, Gumball Watterson, KO, Finn (And Jake), etc.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Headcanon.

Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack are set in the same universe. Given the similar resemblance, Professor Utonium is a descendant of Jack.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nintendo Direct Special in 2023: Farming Sim Direct

1663089747199.png

Mario Farming Sim
Zelda Farming Sim
Shrek Farming Sim
Dragon Ball Z Farming Sim
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Farming Sim
Pokemon Farming Sim Radish and Potato Versions
Genshin Impact Farming Sim - Xbox Exclusive

Then they announce their stole an IP

1663089850103.png

Then the Direct ends with Nintendo saying "We are never going to makes games again. We are making farming equipment. Reject city human, embrace country monke!"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if FE Engage doesn’t allow me to solo every enemy as Lyn then I’m never playing it

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
With Tales of symphonia coming to Switch more nintendo fans will know who Lloyd is, ergo his chances of appearing in the next smash game will be higher and we can finally put the brawl era to rest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know given Nick at this point is making its own modern Kart racing series. I think Cartoon Network should get on that game as well and make their own modern kart racing series.

From classics like Johnny Bravo, the Eds, Courage, Dexter, Samurai Jack to more recently such as Mordecai (And Rigby), Ben Tennyson, Gumball Watterson, KO, Finn (And Jake), etc.
As much as I would love to (the Cartoonetwork racer on gba was actually something I played a lot when younger) Johnny wouldn’t be getting on this roster.

CN somehow missed the entire point of the show being that you should respect women to get them to like you and refuse to acknowledge Johnny’s existence. They even left Johnny Bravo off their timeline for their 30th anniversary special on HBO Max.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, I was being deliberatly ironic when I said I didn't want an FE reveal.

But now that we've got one I just feel kind of dissapointed by what they've shown.

I'm a bad fan. Oh well, at least now I have an excuse to finally play Return to Dreamland.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally the truth about BOTw 2 revealed:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can't be the only one that thinks the Return to Dream Land remake is weird, right?

• It's just RTDL, I've been hoping for a bundle of it, Triple Deluxe, and Robobot, something I didn't think was unreasonable because they're just 2D platforms - but nope, it's just paying $60 for the one.
  • I don't like the new artstyle. The thick outlines and pseudo-cel shading isn't something I accociate with Kirby, I wonder why they felt the need to change it and not just reuse the Star Allies engine.
  • I do not like the new Dededesign. His smug aura mocks me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…ya know…this art makes the unnamed character look pretty cool

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, the internet is always a critic when something new pops up. To me, I make my final call if I want to get it or not. I might want to get it once I get enough gameplay footage and info. Until then, I will continue to watch it from a distance.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll be honest, it's probably because I have bad taste but I think the male knew Lord design in this new Fire Emblem game looks pretty cool. The female one not so much because of how busy it looks with that long two-toned hair

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll be honest, it's probably because I have bad taste but I think the male knew Lord design in this new Fire Emblem game looks pretty cool. The female one not so much because of how busy it looks with that long two-toned hair
I think he's slightly more palatable. but their both gaudy as sin. If I get the game, I dunno if I'll be able to take the story seriously with Lord Pepsiman running around.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was thinking the exact same thing. Alfred looks pretty fine, he gives me itsuki vibes from Tokyo mirage sessions. The female design definitely has way more going on though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally caught up on the Direct. My thoughts on stuff that got my attention:
  • Quite a lot of life simulators shown off...
  • Sweet! The Mario Party 64 trilogy! Can't wait to obliterate my palms in the first game! :upsidedown:
  • WHAT. THE. ****? POKÉMON STADIUM 1 & 2??? Thought that would NEVER happen due to its heavy use of the Game Boy games (does that mean...?)
  • Goldeneye 007 wasn't too much of a surprise since it was reported a while back that Nintendo requested Germany to unban that game but still amazing news nonetheless
  • Showing off only 2 of the MK8D tracks was odd. Guess they want to surprise us
  • Bringing up the Mario movie in that Direct was absolutely ****ing pointless
  • Pikmin 4 is neat!
  • Bayonnaise 3 was good to see
  • Return to Dreamland remake? Cool but I feel like holding onto my Wii version some more.
  • BotW2 finally got it's title and release date, eh? Good to hear.

Not too bad honestly

And finally

1663095512570.png

* SAD AIRHORN NOISES * (If I missed something let me know)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now my eyes only burn a little instead of a lot.
same here
Usually I prefer Forrin, Fyleth, and Fez, but I’m thinking the male avatar for Engage is gonna be my most used (and that Mobin will finally be alone no more). The hair being short helps out

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think he's slightly more palatable. but their both gaudy as sin. If I get the game, I dunno if I'll be able to take the story seriously with Lord Pepsiman running around.
I have almost nothing to back this up, but that might be a good thing since something tells me this will be one of those games with a stupid story that's best if you don't take it too seriously.

That's just the vibe I'm getting so far.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom