• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Direct wasn’t to bad. Slowed down a lot in the second half though. Also we got like 10 more seconds of BOTW footage, and no explanation.

Which makes it a weak closer but at least we know the release and title. Also how is that title a massive spoiler?

And like nothing from the leaks or predictions showed up here. That Zelda and GameCube game remastered/ports rumor seems to have a lot of smoke behind it, I wonder what’s going on with it. Doesn’t make much sense to do Zelda ports of WW and TP if BOTW is coming in may.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
WAIT WAIT WAIT

NO PRIME?

NO WW/TP??

AGAIN?

Who woulda thunk it???
I mean, those leaks were clearly just wish fulfillment clickbait. Hence you making fun of people who actually believed them. At the same time, those games really should be on Nintendo’s current platform. And it really is dumb that it’s taken them this long to do it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it is cool. But I still wish they had done Triple Deluxe and Robobot too. Nintendo really misses out on opportunities to do collections and it’s frustrating when their legacy catalogue is often missing from their next main system.
Eh, there's quite a bit of effort put into this so I think it's fair to release this on its own.

I agree that Nintendo could do a lot better at bringing their classics to modern systems but not every remake/remaster needs to be a recollection just because Spyro and Crash did it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, those leaks were clearly just wish fulfillment clickbait. Hence you making fun of people who actually believed them. At the same time, those games really should be on Nintendo’s current platform. And it really is dumb that it’s taken them this long to do it.
**** dude, I believed them.

But after three years of the same rumors, you think people would learn.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The points of the direct that were good were the beginning middle and end and literally that's it

New Fire Emblem in 4 months, Pikmin had me and my flatmate screaming, and we finally have a name and release date for BotW 2

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh, there's quite a bit of effort put into this so I think it's fair to release this on its own.

I agree that Nintendo could do a lot better at bringing their classics to modern systems but not every remake/remaster needs to be a recollection just because Spyro and Crash did it.
I mean yeah but Nintendo NEVER does this. Like we got prime trilogy on Wii and that’s like it. It’s always these games at full price sometimes looking better and sometimes with improvements from the original and it’s just… it sucks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, that was Direct. I do feel like all the memes about them being 90% RPGs felt a little real on this one. Not that they were all bad, but some of them started to bleed in together like the Summer of Games and its Space games.

Kirby is cool though. Pikmin 4 being real and Bayo 3 is about to drop. Zelda fans got a title and date. Goldeneye on Switch. So it wasn't all bad.

Sony can easily drop something cooler hopefully.

Aside from that. I've been working on a backlog of art, and I'm about finished with most of it. I think I'll do one more piece before moving on to another personal project.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I need to see more of FE Engage. As a casual fan it’s really not doing anything for me right now, and I still can’t get over the protag’s design.

I guess you could say it’s not…engaging me :4wario2:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Maybe they did not show Donkey Kong because there was a DK rap remix worse than the original they are trying to fix.

Still, no Mario movie trailer…

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can say that Fire Emblem Engage seems to focus on Marth's timeline once again. This time, a divine dragon is our protagonist to control. It also looks like fusion is a possible mechanic from the pair up in Fates and Awakening

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Quick thoughts on the direct:

The Fire Emblem leak was real? lol Nice, funny toothpaste man is legit

So many farming games, this is nintendo's way of telling its audience to touch grass lol

I feel like an idiot because right before the direct started i said to my brother "You know they'll never put the Pokemon stadium games on switch online"

New Zelda game announcement, neat

Pikmin 4 better be damn good considering it's been in development for like 10 years at this point.

TALES OF SYMPHONIA SWITCH PORT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can say that Fire Emblem Engage seems to focus on Marth's timeline once again. This time, a divine dragon is our protagonist to control. It also looks like fusion is a possible mechanic from the pair up in Fates and Awakening
That looks like the protagonist could be a good Smash character next game.

Oh who am I kidding! Like we need another Fire Emblem character in Smash!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Tears of the Kingdom" is probably why Nintendo didn't stream the direct in the UK lmaooooo
Doesn’t help that Goldeneye was there either.

Bond didn’t do his job lol.

Also side note but

If the first 3 games are coming to NSO, is Nintendo really not updating Super Stars???

They are seriously going to make us pay for another game that has the other half of content that would have made sense in this game, aren’t they?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Fire Emblem Engage also is bring back the heroes from their respective origins for this story. It is like FE Warriors, but now returning back to its traditional RPG strategy elements.

Dukefire

Smash Master
So which side are you going for the next splatfest? What stuff would you bring to a deserted island? I'm going for Grub since people cannot function forever without food.
Though, if Grub becomes the popular choice, prepare for Tri-Color Turf war against Gear and Fun.......

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Never forget, Pikmin 4 has been done for several years now, they just held it back for some ****ing reason

Top Bottom