• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How many farming games is this Direct going to have?

EDIT: We got a small update on Bayo 3, and there will be a gameplay trailer after the Direct, though I don't think the snippet that we got in the Direct told us anything that we didn't already know.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Donkey Kong was the reason I didn't watch, I knew it wasn't coming.

I read here about a new Fire Emblem tho, that's cool at least.

Was there anything about Zelda?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
This is like the year of "never-ever's" being announced/releasing with Pikmin 4, Bayonetta 3 and PSG Season 2 wtf.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This was one of the directs of all time

I don't really care about Pikmin or TOTK so those announcements kinda fell flat for me

BUT The Rune Factory 3 Port, A New Fire Emblem and Theaterhythm were all announced and each one looks great so I'm not complaining at all. Not to mention Bayonetta 3 and Harvestella which both look great.

Also No Bingo

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Donkey Kong fans found dead in Miami after this Direct, joining their F-Zero brethren.
I had to admit, that made me chuckle.

Thought I forgot about Donkey Kong until the end of the Direct, so I am not mad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Fire Emblem leak being real gives me hope for DK still tho.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So like… Kirby port, good. Wish we had Tripple Deluxe and Planet Robobot with it but still, good.

Fitness Boxing of the North Star… hilarious

Tales of Symphonia remake. Cool. Might check that out.

Bayonetta 3 new look. Looks interesting. Need to check out the gameplay trailer.

GoldenEye 007 on NSO. Nice. But now that I’m seeing the Xbox version I’m wondering if that version is gonna be superior or not.

Pikmin 4, nice. Had a lot of surprise fun with 3. Looking forward to 4.

Theaterrhythm on switch looks cool! I can get hyped for that.

Is this fire emblem just a console adaptation of the mobile game?

No DK. No Metroid. No other IPs that fans want but realistically we can never actually expect because why would they actually make a new game in these series. And that’s kind of a bummer.

Lots of indie game announcements for some reason. That’s weird. Don’t they have their own presentation for those?

Edit: forgot about the battle league characters. Those are cool. Hope more of the dlc is like this.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still don't know how I feel about this new FE game.

Really feels like they're pulling a lot from heroes, and while I don't hate heroes or anything, I'd still rather mainline FE be it's own thing.

Eh who am I kidding, I'll still probably put in 100+ hours anyway.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Can we appreciate about this remastered game for Kirby's 30th anniversary. King Dedede's design retain his recent look, GBA kirby minigames return, Mecha ability (reminder of Planet Robobot) and a remastered of the entire adventure with Magalor

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Direct predictions:
  • Pikmin 4
  • Mother 3
  • Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD (insider said so so it must be true)
  • Ice Climber action-adventure 3D platformer
  • Super Mario Bros. starring Chris Pratt
  • Minecraft 2 ft. Hatsune Miku
  • Toby “Don’t call me ‘Toby ‘Radiation’ Fox’” “Radiation” Fox’s Underrune news
  • Geno and Waluigi in Smash (as tag-team fighters in the same slot)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Gameboy Online (first games include Super Mario Land, Kirby’s Dream Land, and Link’s Awakening. If Pokemon GB gets added, it may be separate in the eShop idk)
I have the gift of prophecy (ignore everything except Pikmin 4).

Can’t wait for Bulbmin!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can we appreciate about this remastered game for Kirby's 30th anniversary. King Dedede's design retain his recent look, GBA kirby minigames return, Mecha ability (reminder of Planet Robobot) and a remastered of the entire adventure with Magalor

I mean, it is cool. But I still wish they had done Triple Deluxe and Robobot too. Nintendo really misses out on opportunities to do collections and it’s frustrating when their legacy catalogue is often missing from their next main system.

Top Bottom