• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I dunno if it’s a glitch or something but it seems like the boards aren’t acknowledging any of my posts today, not listed in my content/postings, can’t search them, etc
I know how you feel. The same seems to be happening to me too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Luckily, it will be 7:00 where I am at when the Direct happens. I will have some spare time to watch it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Welcome to the club

If they had it on the standard schedule of Wednesday/Thursday evening, I would've been totally free, but noooooooo.
THEY WERE DOING SO WELL, TOO

LIKE, GENERALS WERE AIRING AT ACTUALLY GOOD TIMES, WHAT THE HECK NINTENDO :drflip:

Welcome to the club!

Since I want to watch it with no spoilers I am gonna have to not be online for basically the entire day tomorrow.
Same...Literally none of the places I frequent will be safe lol. Even my Sonic communities won't be because of the Nintendo fan overlap.

Guess I'll spend my break just reading IDW Sonic or something. :drshrug:

Lol I be having class during that time.

Looks like we're all adults here missing this direct. We old
If only they were airing it Thursday next week; I have a vacation coming up that it woulda lined up perfectly with. :028:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
School season is back and this is when a lot of jobs enter their busy season. Place is gonna be a lot more empty 'cause of that.
With the current users viewing this thread as of this post, it doesn't seem that empty to me.

KillerCage

Smash Master
That's fair.

Regardless, I just want to see a fight between two alien space dragons. Size difference or not.

Another good opponent for them would also be Frieza. Ridley has more in common with Frieza then he does with Mewtwo which folks constantly requested just because "appearances". Lol.

Granted Megatron is apparently a very requested opponent for Frieza...

Either one of these fights would be cool regardless of what Wiz and Boomstick chooses.
Frieza doesn't work for me either as an opponent for Ridley.
I have heard Vilgax as a potential possibility for Ridley though.
When people talk about about Frieza vs Megatron, they usually refer to either G1 Megatron or Cybertron Megatron who has the connections and fight potential.

Are you familiar with Clockwerk?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Frieza doesn't work for me either as an opponent for Ridley.
I have heard Vilgax as a potential possibility for Ridley though.
When people talk about about Frieza vs Megatron, they usually refer to either G1 Megatron or Cybertron Megatron who has the connections and fight potential.

Are you familiar with Clockwerk?
I am not Michael, but by Clockwerk, you mean that guy from Sly Cooper, right?

KillerCage

Smash Master

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh the only live-action remake of Disney I've watched so far that I actually thought was pretty good was Beauty and the Beast.

The complaints about Ariel's casting are ridiculous, but I'm also not exactly hyped for The Little Mermaid remake considering that most of Disney's other remakes are subpar at best.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tbh the only live-action remake of Disney I've watched so far that I actually thought was pretty good was Beauty and the Beast.
Honestly, while I definitely think there’s worse remakes coughMulancough the Beauty and the Beast one is probably my least favorite since the original is my favorite Disney movie of all time and there was so much I think was poorly handled

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You don't understand she has a substantial amount of melanin this is a ****ing oUTRAGE

View attachment 360737
Disney goes WOKE

But legit, I understand being tired of Disney live action remakes but you can't tell me this **** ain't racially motivated, especially since the ****ty Lion King movie is getting a prequel but nobody's ******** about that.

KillerCage

Smash Master
THEY WERE DOING SO WELL, TOO

LIKE, GENERALS WERE AIRING AT ACTUALLY GOOD TIMES, WHAT THE HECK NINTENDO :drflip:

Same...Literally none of the places I frequent will be safe lol. Even my Sonic communities won't be because of the Nintendo fan overlap.

Guess I'll spend my break just reading IDW Sonic or something. :drshrug:

If only they were airing it Thursday next week; I have a vacation coming up that it woulda lined up perfectly with. :028:
Looks like you can add me to the club...
For those of you who've played Hollow Knight, would you recommend it more on PC or on console?
If you want mods, then PC>
Otherwise, either version is good since both has all the updates and DLC installed.
Question to y'all.

Who'd be good matches for the following in Death Battle?

King Kong
King Shark
Spear and Fang
The best I have heard for King Kong is the Beast Titan from Attack on Titan.
Don't know anything for the other two though.
I am not Michael, but by Clockwerk, you mean that guy from Sly Cooper, right?
I am referring to THAT Clockwerk.

The complaints about Ariel's casting are ridiculous, but I'm also not exactly hyped for The Little Mermaid remake considering that most of Disney's other remakes are subpar at best.
The only live-action remake I have enjoyed is the Jungle Book remake.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Disney goes WOKE

But legit, I understand being tired of Disney live action remakes but you can't tell me this ** ain't racially motivated, especially since the ty Lion King movie is getting a prequel but nobody's ** about that.
The movie's probably gonna suck. But black Ariel ain't the problem. People need to chill.

I wanna know how they're gonna handle Sebastian.

Realistic crab mandibles? Human face on a crab body? Either way it'll be terrifying.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My predictions for the direct will be below. I know everyone think these all can’t happen at once but I disagree. It’s been almost a full year without a general direct iirc, there should be some good things to show. So…
Long said:
Mario Movie teaser trailer. Reveals look at the mushroom kingdom and voice cast in action.

Mario Movie The game based on the movie based on the game: exactly like the rumors said. Zippos Mario scoops have been spot on so I buy this one.

Metroid prime Remastered. Announced alongside a small cgi trailer or tease of Prime 4. They tell us come back later in 2023 for the full Prime 4 reveal.

Superstars DLC. This game is going on 1 years old, it’s time to double the content and go all out. Tied into the premium DLC section of NSO online, further sweetening the $50 price point.

Fire Emblem. The game is done, I see no reason not to kick off the hype train unless 3 Hopes gets DLC. Might be to early for either of these though.

Gameboy on NSO. No Gamecube games, they will be sold as ports or remasters.

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are bundled together for $110 dollars.

Luigis mansion is ported over again, gotta advertise Luigi in the movie.

Strikers gets DLC Wave 2. No Mario Kart 8 DLC.

BOTw gets its title dropped.

A random obscure Japanese game gets a full western remake like Live A Live. My prediction is it’s For whom the Frog Bells toll.

Sony and Nintendo get some type of a
resident evil collection.

Splatoon 3 teases the first splat fest.

Animal Crossing GameCube is ported to switch.

An Eshop F Zero is revealed.

And that’s all I’ve got for now prediction wise.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The movie's probably gonna suck. But black Ariel ain't the problem. People need to chill.

Realistic crab mandibles? Human face on a crab body? Either way it'll be terrifying.
The only requirements for Ariel is be pretty and have a beautiful voice. That's Halle Bailey.

And I hope Flounder and Sebastian are ultra realistic CGI render.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Disney goes WOKE

But legit, I understand being tired of Disney live action remakes but you can't tell me this ** ain't racially motivated, especially since the ty Lion King movie is getting a prequel but nobody's ** about that.
Nah mufasa is pretty damn unneeded to.

What he gonna do fall off the cliff again? If I was him, I would simply climb back up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, while I definitely think there’s worse remakes coughMulancough the Beauty and the Beast one is probably my least favorite since the original is my favorite Disney movie of all time and there was so much I think was poorly handled
The Mulan remake removed the all the songs and strayed so absurdly far from the story of the original movie that I'm not even willing to watch it lmao. I read enough about the changes. You can barely even call it a remake.

I'm curious as to what you disliked about the Beauty and the Beast remake as while I feel it didn't quite have the Disney magic of the original, I also didn't think it was a bad film.

Disney goes WOKE

I'm mad that James Earl Jones isn't returning, especially since they at least got him back for the remake. Along with that, if they were gonna do a prequel, it really should've been for the original 1994 film.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm mad that James Earl Jones isn't returning, especially since they at least got him back for the remake. Along with that, if they were gonna do a prequel, it really should've been for the original 1994 film.
Damn man's 91 years old and still killing it with the voice acting, sheesh. I guess it's a younger Mufasa and that's why they didn't bring him back but idc man is legendary status

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I personally think it's gonna look something like this:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom