• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As long as it was caught in SV your good don’t forget the trade evolutions are higher tier raids as well in SV.
I really do not care for raids.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We chit the XY staff files which have a whole bunch of never before seen concept arts and even a few new pokemon.

And holy **** did they cook with this. How the hell did they fumble the bag? These mega designs are crazy:
Honestly not crazy about most of these, but that Mewtwo is so much better then the ones we got.

Makes me dislike Mega Mewtwo Y even more.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Whole bunch of other beta mons and designs, including a completely off the walls concept for a pokemon I think?? Maybe a human, you’ll see what

IMG_8096.jpg
IMG_8097.jpg
kitakaze_poke_002.jpeg
poke_kitakaze_110428_03.jpeg
poke_kitakaze_110531_02.jpeg
poke_kitakaze_110330_01.jpeg
IMG_0059.jpeg

They robbed us if beta Breloom
Twice
!
IMG_8087.jpg
IMG_8088.jpg
GaEWnmJWMAA9jRj.png

IMG_0058.jpeg

Now for the wildest one:
IMG_4570.jpeg

This is the living embodiment of Pokerus according to the text. Scientists experimented on the virus creating a living version of it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A user on TV Tropes who can read Japanese disagrees, he says the Machine Translation is near identical to the actual translation.
Even if that's so, I think that person's point was that context and cultural background have to be taken into account when translated things. Even if something is translated accurately word-to-word tone and connotation can be lost, and most English speakers didn't grow up with yokai stories.

Point is that this Typhlosion story isn't worth freaking out over to the extent people have. I know I've jumped in on the jokes a few times myself but honestly I think it's run its course by now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even if that's so, I think that person's point was that context and cultural background have to be taken into account when translated things. Even if something is translated accurately word-to-word tone and connotation can be lost, and most English speakers didn't grow up with yokai stories.

Point is that this Typhlosion story isn't worth freaking out over to the extent people have. I know I've jumped in on the jokes a few times myself but honestly I think it's run its course by now.
Yeah a big part of it is probably with how sanitized fairy tales are for our circles of the world. Like, at the end of the classic Cinderella, the ugly stepsisters got their eyes plucked out by crows and ****. It was worth a few laughs but Pokemon fans run **** to the ground real easy.

I liked the one video where someone made the pokemon in these yokai stories do the Sex Offender Shuffle though, that got me good

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For making a draft that wasn't meant to go public???
I'm not shocked about the people who struggle to read a game for ages 3+ to get that pissy about what I feel is clearly a writing exercise. Like, if you can write a short story using pokemon as folklore stuff, you can probably get to come up with ideas for a pokemon or how to write them, no?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm seeing more and more people thinking the NSO playtest could be GameCube related.

If that was the case, it wouldn't be a measly 2.2 GB in size nor would Nintendo omit saying the GameCube controller adapter is recommended before launch.

Streaming such seems unlikely too.
I just checked the complete Kingdom Hearts cloud version collection and it's only 231 MB combined in size, so the playtest possibly being some sort of cloud or streaming service is unlikely.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My main takeaway from making my own animations for my game project is that when I start my own studio, I'm going to need an artist.

That's probably obvious to anyone with even a little bit of common sense and knowledge of how game development works but until a few days ago I was on a high that made me believe I can make a whole ass video game by myself in less than a month and making those animations is a really humbling experience

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We chit the XY staff files which have a whole bunch of never before seen concept arts and even a few new pokemon.

And holy **** did they cook with this. How the hell did they fumble the bag? These mega designs are crazy:
Some of these Mega Venusaurs look like they would discard the grass type and be Poision/Dragon or Poison/Ground or something. Which I think would be pretty cool if we get a Mega Venusaur Z or whatever - they pretty much never acknowledge the line being part poison.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Venusaur's pretty neat, it has a sagely feel to it that I wish was retained. Not really feeling the others.

MegaZard Y is pretty clunky, Blastoise I don't like how the cannons are set up (I do like return of Wartortle's tail and the mustache though), and Mewtwo is fine but I do prefer the more Mew-like final design.

A user on TV Tropes who can read Japanese disagrees, he says the Machine Translation is near identical to the actual translation.
In essence it's probably more accurate to say it's misinterpreted. The story is still similar to what was originally translated, but a lot of the details were misread by many fans such as the age of the woman and the context of the story. Many fans also came to the same conclusion (Lockstin even put up a video touching on many of the same things) and have been arguing that as well.

That said, the twitter post is still good to have as it gives a strong voice and evidence to those arguments and allows for others to get a better understanding of the context behind them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, can't believe they made a bigger deal of Nanako's birthday than Dojima did. Glad you're having fun there like the rest of us
You joke but Nanako is one of the few characters in gaming who made me tear up in a game and now a certain someone else has joined those ranks on the same day she was born

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just a heads up. One Piece both Anime and Manga are going into Hiatus. For those that have not caught up with 1100+ chapters and 1000+ episodes (with movies and specials), you now have the chance. Sorry to others that are constantly following new releases each week.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just a heads up. One Piece both Anime and Manga are going into Hiatus. For those that have not caught up with 1100+ chapters and 1000+ episodes (with movies and specials), you now have the chance. Sorry to others that are constantly following new releases each week.
On the one hand, it's objectively a good thing that Oda gets to take breaks between chapters since making manga takes its toll and I do not want anything to happen to him.

On the other hand, and I fully admit I'm being selfish here, man those breaks kill my momentum. It's hard to stay hyperfixated on my favorite thing when the story constantly stops at dramatic points and I forget what happened in the last chapter by the time it returns.

But I will emphasize that it is the epitome of first world problems and Oda's health takes priority, i have other ways to keep myself busy

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One Piece truly is living up to its title of outlasting human civilization. Lol.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Gen 5 had a scrapped mythical that was steel electric. For some reason it’s in the beta intro for the game. Some people think it was maybe reworked into Victini but I don’t think so.

X and Y also cut a mythical and were originally planed to have 4. This one is being heavily speculated to be Zeraora for a variety of spoiler reasons related to other leaks. But if you want to see the cut Gen 5 mythical here you go:
IMG_2732.jpeg

cashregister9

Smash Hero
FBC Firebreak looks like it could be a lot of fun

It's essentially Left 4 Dead + SCP which should be a winning combination. Add in the fact that it is related to Control and it could be wild.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Isn't the manga just going on a two week break?

That doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have finished Season 1 of Centaurworld.

Horse and Rider's reunion was genuinely one of the most moving things I've seen in an animated show in quite some time. I actually teared up.

Following that up with the sudden appearance of the Nowhere King and his insane introduction, though...Yeah, the two parts of the season finale are peak.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to believe that Masahiro Sakurai's special finale video will come out by the end of this month.

What I am very iffy about is if it's a game/service announcement or not.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Whole bunch of other beta mons and designs, including a completely off the walls concept for a pokemon I think?? Maybe a human, you’ll see what

View attachment 395318View attachment 395319View attachment 395320View attachment 395321View attachment 395322View attachment 395323View attachment 395325
Twice
!View attachment 395327View attachment 395328View attachment 395329
View attachment 395326

Now for the wildest one:
View attachment 395330
This is the living embodiment of Pokerus according to the text. Scientists experimented on the virus creating a living version of it.
SmartSelect_20241017_182649_Brave.jpg
MHRise-Chameleos_Render_001.png

Chameleos, is.that ypu?

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 395318View attachment 395319View attachment 395320View attachment 395321View attachment 395322View attachment 395323View attachment 395325
Twice
!View attachment 395327View attachment 395328View attachment 395329
View attachment 395326

Now for the wildest one:
View attachment 395330
Peanut Dino
Bone Cassowary

We were robbed

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
I want to believe that Masahiro Sakurai's special finale video will come out by the end of this month.

What I am very iffy about is if it's a game/service announcement or not.
I dunno.

I feel like if it was a big, big announcement of like, a game or something, Nintendo would be the one to want to release the info first, not the channel of a developer that not everyone's subscribed to.

Top Bottom