• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Great to see Banjo-Tooie finally on Nintendo Switch Online. I wonder when will Diddy Kong Racing will be next?
Oh, I’d love some Diddy Kong Racing! I recently had a strange dream involving that game.
Diddy Kong Racing was the first game that I had ever purchased for the Nintendo 64 console back then.

You could say that Rareware created a load of great games for the Nintendo 64 at the time.
Nintendo says no Diddy

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Finished doing the animations for my playable character.

Just need to make some enemies, put them in the game and make the actual level and I'm done
You're an inspiration.

Cause hearing your progress makes me want to jump back in my game design hobby that I shelved for so long.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You're an inspiration.

Cause hearing your progress makes me want to jump back in my game design hobby that I shelved for so long.
Do it.

But also don't overdo it, I basically got to work om these assets right after I finished coding the mechanics I wanted in and while I am having fun I'm also extremely tired. Unless you also have a deadline I highly recommend taking it slow

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Goku is based on the story of Sun Wukong correct? Asking because Funko Fusion added Sun Wukong as free DLC just now and I wanted to ask if it was the closest thing we got to Goku in the game. Or am I mistaken and Dragon Ball is based on something else?

Also added to Funko Fusion today: Bob Ross.

Edit: And in the future: The Office. Specifically the US version (the game is based around Universal after all), along with Atom Eve from Invincible and more outfits from Invincible, Back to the Future (which is out now and free) and Jurassic World.

Edit 2: So Jurassic World is actually them adding Ian Malcolm to the game and not new outfits. Oops.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Goku is based on the story of Sun Wukong correct? Asking because Funko Fusion added Sun Wukong as free DLC just now and I wanted to ask if it was the closest thing we got to Goku in the game. Or am I mistaken and Dragon Ball is based on something else?

Edit: And in the future: The Office.
Good lord this is agressively millennial
Do it.

But also don't overdo it, I basically got to work om these assets right after I finished coding the mechanics I wanted in and while I am having fun I'm also extremely tired. Unless you also have a deadline I highly recommend taking it slow
Nah, no deadline. It's a hobby, I already got a job and have zero interest trying to break into the game industry as a career besides as an indie/small team

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Edit: And in the future: The Office. Specifically the US version (the game is based around Universal after all), along with Atom Eve from Invincible and more outfits from Invincible, Back to the Future (which is out now and free) and Jurassic World.

Edit 2: So Jurassic World is actually them adding Ian Malcolm to the game and not new outfits. Oops.
What is funko fusion like from a gameplay perspective? Does it have a story?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What is funko fusion like from a gameplay perspective? Does it have a story?
From a gameplay perspective, it’s sorta like a mix of a Lego game and a Third Person Shooter. Every character has a Melee attack and a Ranged Attack, with some characters having abilities. For example, Scott Pilgrim, Marty Mcfly, and the Engineer have guitars and can activate amps.

There is a overall story (general bad guy takes over thr multiverse schtick) but each of the 7 worlds have their own story. The 7 worlds are as follows (each world also has a cameo level and a cameo character. They will be listed in parenthesis):

Jurassic World (Back to the Future) (No cameo character)
Scott Pilgrim (Five Nights at Freddy’s) (Mega Man)
Umbrella Academy (Invincible) (Knight Rider)
He Man (The Mummy) (Xena)
Hot Fuzz (Jaws) (Child’s Play)
The Thing (Shaun of the Dead) (M3gan)
Battlestar Galactica (Nope) (Voltron)

In addition, Colonel Sanders is a unlock by finding buckets of KFC, and characters from TF2, Walking Dead, The Office, and Bob Ross are DLC.

If anyone has any other questions regarding the game, let me know. I played through it and enjoyed it, although I admit it was a bit tough at times.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nah, no deadline. It's a hobby, I already got a job and have zero interest trying to break into the game industry as a career besides as an indie/small team
That's fair, I wish you good luck either way.

The game I'm working on right now is a school project so I have to finish it by the week after next week, and I'm aiming to start my own studio one day so I'm pushing myself a bit harder than usual by taking online courses.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, pretty much - Son Goku is just Japanese for Sun Wukong and irrc, a lot of his abilities in the early arcs are derived from Monkey King.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From a gameplay perspective, it’s sorta like a mix of a Lego game and a Third Person Shooter. Every character has a Melee attack and a Ranged Attack, with some characters having abilities. For example, Scott Pilgrim, Marty Mcfly, and the Engineer have guitars and can activate amps.

There is a overall story (general bad guy takes over thr multiverse schtick) but each of the 7 worlds have their own story. The 7 worlds are as follows (each world also has a cameo level and a cameo character. They will be listed in parenthesis):

Jurassic World (Back to the Future) (No cameo character)
Scott Pilgrim (Five Nights at Freddy’s) (Mega Man)
Umbrella Academy (Invincible) (Knight Rider)
He Man (The Mummy) (Xena)
Hot Fuzz (Jaws) (Child’s Play)
The Thing (Shaun of the Dead) (M3gan)
Battlestar Galactica (Nope) (Voltron)

In addition, Colonel Sanders is a unlock by finding buckets of KFC, and characters from TF2, Walking Dead, The Office, and Bob Ross are DLC.

If anyone has any other questions regarding the game, let me know. I played through it and enjoyed it, although I admit it was a bit tough at times.
Is it good? Like is it fun?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it good? Like is it fun?
That is subjective.
It’s like a Lego game with lots of collectables (and I mean it). Quality is there, but as the game was made by a first time developer (albiet with some staff behind Lego games) it has a few bugs.
I recommend looking up a video to get a feel. Alternatively, there may be a demo on Steam still. If you can run it, give it a try.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Diddy Kong was caught by the feds and Nintendo quietly removed his private island game.

Keep up.
you’d think Diddy would know better considering the people he’s around. Donkey Kong would never be committing such sins

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That is subjective.
It’s like a Lego game with lots of collectables (and I mean it). Quality is there, but as the game was made by a first time developer (albiet with some staff behind Lego games) it has a few bugs.
I recommend looking up a video to get a feel. Alternatively, there may be a demo on Steam still. If you can run it, give it a try.
IMO it’s a little weird to have what’s basically a lego game to not have any building puzzles. Because it can’t. Because it’s funko, not lego.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Is that seriously a werewolf? Looks like one of the hillbillies from The Hills Have Eyes remake. LMAO.

Werewolves is gonna be a better film than this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, so we have the OrAS character documents, and we know what the deal with Aster was.

Aster is Zinnia’s daughter who seemingly died and so she named the Whismurr after them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So like I said before, I work with kids. I've been keeping track of the brainrot phrases I heard from them, either directly or overheard.

Today I heard my first ever Skibidi Toilet

Btw, the brainrot I heard the most so far... is "Sussy" of all things.
Update: "What the Sigma" has taken the lead.

Also Mogging and Sigma faces.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Here’s my idea for an animated Toho Kaiju movie – the first in a series. I have a lot of ideas bouncing around in this skull of mine, but my biggest hope is to give a role to the monsters you don’t see often in the Godzilla series these days.

Rodan: The King of the Skies
Animated in a similar style to Cat in Shoes: The Last Wish
Kaiju featured: Rodan, Kamacuras, Kamacuras Prime (a new Kamacuras variant), Kumonga (the movie’s main antagonist)
Setting: The Grand Canyon/Nevada/Arizona

It’s June, and a high school in Las Vegas is off to have a few days of vacation to the Grand Canyon before school break starts. While staying there, young Tiana ‘Tia’ Fox, a clumsy cheerleader, is feeling down, and decides to go for a walk. For her, things take a shocking twist when she’s attacked by a horde of hungry Kamacuras – and saved by the great flying fire titan himself. While initially scared out of her wits, Tia comes to realize that Rodan means no harm to humans, and a most unusual friendship soon forms. Before long, when the United States falls into jeopardy at the hands of a vicious Kamacuras hive and its mysterious leader, Tia must help prove to the people around her that Rodan will protect them – all leading up to a grand battle as Rodan and the US military take on the arthropod kaiju horde.

Basically, think The Iron Giant with the flying scenes of How to Train Your Dragon and the villains of Son of Godzilla.

Top Bottom