• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Did my annual rewatch of Over The Garden Wall

It's hard to believe that it is 10 years old already, I remember watching it live when it was first airing, nothing was like it back then and even now not much is like it today.

It is a truly fantastic and gorgeous piece of animation.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, that, and I'm not a Sonic fan in the slightest lmao.
I ain't as big of a Sonic fan as...anyone here who actually bought and played through a 3D Sonic game, but I still know about shippers making portmanteaus out of the characters they ship together.

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
Thoughs on a potential Oot remake happening soon? I know it's a cliche thing to speculate on but hear me out. Given the ever-increasing development times for the series, we probably won't be getting a new mainline Zelda game, let alome another fully original 3d one until probably midway or at the end of the switch 2's life cycle. Even a new 2d game is probably a bit away bc of Eow.
But nintendo probably wants a Zelda game to be out on the switch 2 in its first few years, the series is a mainstay, sells extremely well, and is a critical darling. They def could just release the Tp and Ww remakes, but those would probably be cross-gen and at this point I don't think that decade old Wii U remakes of 20-year old games are gonna be the big titles they want. They could also remake the oracle games, but that'd be even less of a system seller. I really hope that the rumored 4k Botw demo that was shown off isn't the "big new title", I dont want the switch 2 to be another PS5 with no games.
So if none of those would be the "big thing" that nintendo will need, I think an Oot remake (and possibly Mm too) could be on the table! They could difinietly also just bring over the 3ds remake(s), but those are almost as old as the originals were when those came out. Plus with the Zelda Movie probably coming out in the next few years, it could be nice to get some cross promotional sales like they got with the Mario Movie. And Oot's story would probably be a very easy one to adapt or at least base a plot on. So yeah, that's why I feel like an Oot remake is a likely possiblity for Switch 2, releasing 2026-27.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thoughs on a potential Oot remake happening soon? I know it's a cliche thing to speculate on but hear me out. Given the ever-increasing development times for the series, we probably won't be getting a new mainline Zelda game, let alome another fully original 3d one until probably midway or at the end of the switch 2's life cycle. Even a new 2d game is probably a bit away bc of Eow.
But nintendo probably wants a Zelda game to be out on the switch 2 in its first few years, the series is a mainstay, sells extremely well, and is a critical darling. They def could just release the Tp and Ww remakes, but those would probably be cross-gen and at this point I don't think that decade old Wii U remakes of 20-year old games are gonna be the big titles they want. They could also remake the oracle games, but that'd be even less of a system seller. I really hope that the rumored 4k Botw demo that was shown off isn't the "big new title", I dont want the switch 2 to be another PS5 with no games.
So if none of those would be the "big thing" that nintendo will need, I think an Oot remake (and possibly Mm too) could be on the table! They could difinietly also just bring over the 3ds remake(s), but those are almost as old as the originals were when those came out. Plus with the Zelda Movie probably coming out in the next few years, it could be nice to get some cross promotional sales like they got with the Mario Movie. And Oot's story would probably be a very easy one to adapt or at least base a plot on. So yeah, that's why I feel like an Oot remake is a likely possiblity for Switch 2, releasing 2026-27.
I'm not sure another OoT remake will be a "big thing". OoT 3D was really good but I don't think it really did much to help with the 3DS in its first year.

Shroob

Sup?
What would you even 'do' with an OoT remake that hasn't been done already?

I feel like if you change the gameplay, then that alienates the fans of the original OoT, and a graphical update can only go soo far.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
plays Super Mario Party Jamboree
loses first game to Luigi as Mario (while Wario and Waluigi breath)

Me: this is fine cause Luigi is peak
plays a second game as Daisy against Peach, Rosalina, and Pauline
Pauline
steals one of my stars and abuses Peach

Me: locks the **** in and collects 7 stars while stealing my star back from that ***** to rise up to 8 stars, gains back Mario and then gains Waluigi as partners, and keeps Peach protected from both her and Rosalina to win the entire game out of pure pettiness (and then also gaining a 9th star to guarantee a clear and clean victory)

Daisy Supremacy

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
There's a part of me who wants to have a profile picture of the recent Disventure Camp episode cuz I really liked it, buuuuut first of all I only recently got this Zeena pfp and also I don't wanna spoil the show for anyone.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Never finished the complete Gen 8 Dex (missing the DLC mon) but since some of them you can only obtain by not choosing the other, I gotta replay SwSh from the start again. I already did a speed run of the Isle of Armor the other year, so I already have an extra Kubfu at least.

It's going to be a long time before I can get to finishing the Gen 9 Dex. I dread getting to the version exclusive DLC mon. :drsad:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Never finished the complete Gen 8 Dex (missing the DLC mon) but since some of them you can only obtain by not choosing the other, I gotta replay SwSh from the start again. I already did a speed run of the Isle of Armor the other year, so I already have an extra Kubfu at least.

It's going to be a long time before I can get to finishing the Gen 9 Dex. I dread getting to the version exclusive DLC mon. :drsad:
You can always trade with people to get the Pokémon counted in your dex.

That said, I ended up just getting Scarlet and its DLC to get Raging Bolt and Gouging Fire.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You can always trade with people to get the Pokémon counted in your dex.

That said, I ended up just getting Scarlet and its DLC to get Raging Bolt and Gouging Fire.
True, but I feel that's just putting the problem off until later.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What would you even 'do' with an OoT remake that hasn't been done already?

I feel like if you change the gameplay, then that alienates the fans of the original OoT, and a graphical update can only go soo far.
Nintendo would never do something to alienate Zelda fans. Ignore the bloody corpse of Majora's Mask 3D, it doesn't count

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo would never do something to alienate Zelda fans. Ignore the bloody corpse of Majora's Mask 3D, it doesn't count
I mean, let's be fair here. Majora's Mask 3d wasn't that big of a change compared to the N64 version.

The momentum system was changed for Deku Link's hops, Swimming was changed for the worst, and boss fights became all around easier(Aside from Twinmold), but like, 95% of the game otherwise is still basic Majora's Mask. The majority of those changes feel closer to SM64 DS losing its analog control support, changes that are more on the technical side.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel like I should replay MM3D because everyone seems to bring up the swimming controls but I really don't remember finding any issue with it at the time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, let's be fair here. Majora's Mask 3d wasn't that big of a change compared to the N64 version.

The momentum system was changed for Deku Link's hops, Swimming was changed for the worst, and boss fights became all around easier(Aside from Twinmold), but like, 95% of the game otherwise is still basic Majora's Mask. The majority of those changes feel closer to SM64 DS losing its analog control support, changes that are more on the technical side.
I'm partially joking but the game does lose out on atmosphere and being more aggressively handholdy in comparison, my point was moreso that Nintendo doesn't mind alienating Zelda fans with that being the best example, though other things like WW and TP's lighting issues and a refusal to improve stuff people vocally disliked about games in sequels as seen with SS and TotK

Dukefire

Smash Master
Masahiro Sakurai's special finale YouTube video will air this Tuesday at 11:00 GMT and will be a bit over 40 minutes long.
Oh boy, here we go. Just remember to enter with low expectations.
Screenshot_20240524_164152_YouTube.jpg

Also, the ROM leak footage for Sonic x Shadow Generations is ramping up in frequency. Literally 5 days from today for release and it is appearing already.
BE CAREFUL!

Dukefire

Smash Master
A reminder of when Ultimate's hype train first took off.
And when it went full throttle to its eventual release date literaly after the VGA of 2018.
It has been 6 years.......

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Does anyone know how to get your motivation back when you're depressed? I genuinely cannot bring myself to work today
Man, there’s not much you can do. You just gotta ride it out until the motivation returns.

If it’s something important with a deadline you can try reminding yourself that not doing what you gotta do will get you in trouble.

Top Bottom