• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
10 years have passed since the official Family Guy/Simpsons crossover…and then never again(just like how we never got Tekken X Street Fighter…no Simpsons/Family Guy crossover shall go down)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
10 years have passed since the official Family Guy/Simpsons crossover…and then never again(just like how we never got Tekken X Street Fighter…no Simpsons/Family Guy crossover shall go down)
Stewie does have a decent roll in one of the Disney+ Simpsons shorts.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Stewie does have a decent roll in one of the Disney+ Simpsons shorts.
It's weird enough that Disney owns The Simpsons, but every time I'm reminded that Disney owns Family Guy another piece of my soul breaks off and dies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Which was easier?
The curry and it's not even close. I've made curry in the past, it's just slicing a bunch of ingredients, sautéeing them, than throwing some spices and liquid and letting it simmer for about an hour.

Unreal Engine is Unreal Engine, I still have some bugs in my final level because debugging is a *****
So an update on my life
This next week is my dog's last week of life. Putting him down next saturday. It's gonna hurt like a mf, but I'm ready for it. He's been suffering for a year or two; started with him struggling to walk, and as time progressed, he can't control his "accidents", struggles to keep food down, and also forces vomits a lot. It's been tough watch him deteriorate like thay, but now I know it's time for him to go. He lived a good 14+ years, but I can see pain in his eyes on occassion.

I'm gonna cry like a baby when it happens. Not going to the animal hospital because I just can't handle those. At the very least, I'm prepped for this, unlike my other dog who just unexpectedly got extremely sick and had to be put down within 24 hours.

I'm gonna miss him.
I'm so sorry man

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Which do you prefer: old movies and cartoons with negative racial caricatures just being omitted from media libraries like on max, or being there but having a content warning before it like on Disney+?
I thought it was the other way around but regardless of being racist caricatures, poorly aged language, anti LGBT, whatever, Content warnings are a better way to go, I would rather acknowledge the ugliness of humanity's past than whitewash history to pretend nothing bad ever happened as in my eyes, to deny it would be like denying the mistreatment ever happening at all

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Which do you prefer: old movies and cartoons with negative racial caricatures just being omitted from media libraries like on max, or being there but having a content warning before it like on Disney+?
Content warnings are a better way to go, I would rather acknowledge the ugliness of humanity's past than whitewash history to pretend nothing bad ever happened as in my eyes, to deny it would be like denying the mistreatment ever happening at all
Pretty much this, there are plenty of aspects within past shows that would not age well to this day and it will be better if studios show their acknowledgement that what was done back then was wrong at the time and displaying a content warning will certainly let audiences be aware of the contents too.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought it was the other way around but regardless of being racist caricatures, poorly aged language, anti LGBT, whatever, Content warnings are a better way to go, I would rather acknowledge the ugliness of humanity's past than whitewash history to pretend nothing bad ever happened as in my eyes, to deny it would be like denying the mistreatment ever happening at all
Just thought of another reason why I wouldn't want old stuff to get sanitized, anyone ever watch this movie?
images (83).jpeg

It's from 1959 and it can be obvious with some things that wouldn't particularly fly today but looking at this movie from a modern lense is actually fascinating as it is shockingly progressive about trans people that was absolutely unintentional but still fun to see when me and my buddies watched it a few weeks back. A sanitized version wouldn't have the contrast that I found thought provoking and would likely end up changing so much that the original just isn't there anymore

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Layton fans when you say that Phoenix Wright is a better father or something idk I didn't like either of the Layton games I played
Tbf, he actuslly did find his daughter in the anime
tumblr_inline_powpbhoprO1u08t5f_250.gif

And considering his sons multiple personality, i doubt Al would of been close to his father much.
its a well known joke in the fandom that hes a poor dad lol

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Why not? That’s probably unsafe to the govt just with lights off alone.
I don't fully know why but that's the case

And it's not too bad if Friday told me anything. WeI don't have to deal with customers beyond telling them we're closed and we just goof around until the shift's over.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 394753
View attachment 394752
12 years since TMNT 2012 dropped officially. The influence had in both the franchise and Nickelodeon was mighty
  • Rejuvenated the franchise while introducing a new generation to them
  • Gave Paramount another Nickelodeon piggy bank
  • Allowed for each turtle to actually look different physically
  • Let them truly be teens
  • Had them fight like actual ninjas
  • somehow still getting merch and other products released to this day
  • Resparked the crossover love the series had…and is likely never dying down ever again
  • Earned Kevin Eastman’s love

Good work TMNT 2012. You will forever be a real one, even with your freakishly stacked voice cast and unfairly having the greatest Splinter and Shredder of all time

also I remembered Korra’s show turned 12 as well, and the influence that show had is just as important

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What's a bad game that you're still obsessed with and play all the time?

This thought sponsored by my current play-through of Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal.
Not obsessed with, but I did have a period of time where I really liked Sticker Star and was surprised others didn't like it.

I even said it was better than Super.

I no longer hold that opinion

SuitGirl

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! Just curious, how many of you are into tabletop RPGs or have experience with them? I’ve been getting into them lately and have been running a few campaigns. It’s been a lot of fun mixing things up from the usual video games. What about you guys—any tabletop players here? Would love to hear what systems or settings you've played!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What's a bad game that you're still obsessed with and play all the time?

This thought sponsored by my current play-through of Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal.
I used to be like that with Pokémon Sword and Shield when I was trying to gaslight myself into liking them. I have since then run out of copium

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Welp, that's 3/4 games done on the Castlevania Advance Collection with only Aria of Sorrow left to go, but I think I'm going to wait a while before playing it because I'm feeling pretty burnt out on the series now.

Some thoughts on each one:

- Circle of the Moon was really fun but the drop rates on cards and equipment were so horrendously low that I just stopped giving a **** about DSS towards the end, which is a shame because one card combination turns you into a funny cartoon bear thing but I just couldn't stomach the grind anymore.

- Harmony of Dissonance had a more interesting castle(s) to explore but it became pretty tedious to traverse thanks to the lack of warp points. I also didn't bother too much with the spell book stuff but I did discover by myself just how ****ing busted the Wind + Cross combo is at destroying bosses. Oh, and while it didn't detract too much from my enjoyment of the game, the soundtrack was pretty damn weak and sometimes even straight up unpleasant.

- Dracula X is just ****ty Rondo and the level design is either really boring or extremely aggravating. Not much more to say about it tbh.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pokemon TCG players be like "yeah these guys are the same type"
View attachment 394758View attachment 394759
To be fair Bewear already looks like it shouldn't be the same type as various other fighting-types, it's only its lore that justifies it having that typing.

also that joke would work better if the majority of Bewear cards weren't norm-I mean Colorless types, just saying

Last edited:
Top Bottom